IGNORED

T2K Rotaries/ SVID AV Cables

nicolaspersijn

My name's Nick Persijn! Freshstart719 on GameGavel.com and eBay, and nicolaspersijn on the JSII Jaguarsector.com forums. I've been a fan of retro gaming since it wasn't retro. I've got a modest collection, but I just started concentrating on Atari Jaguar.

I also custom build some Jaguar items. I make Tempest 2000 rotary controllers in a variety of fruit flavors. Single rotary, Duo rotary/dpad configurations, clicky/smooth encoders, black/grey keypads, and plastic/metal dials. I take special requests through my Rotaries/AV Cables thread on the JSII forums. I also keep a few posts running on GameGavel and eBay. I'd like to offer my services here as well.

I also like to make custom SVIDEO/Composite Stereo AV Cables for the Jag. These are pretty fun to make but take a steady hand and nerves of steel. I usually keep at least one up on GG and eBay most of the time.

I'm in the market for some other Jag items, notably a Falcon ProPad and a Jag 6-Button Pad. I just got a Rev 3 Skunkboard and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait to find out what it can do, and how to freakin' use the thing. Can you say "impulse buy"?

I haven't looked around AA much for Jag news, but I've noticed that Jag related news has been on the rise lately, from new Goatstore items being announced, new games and some old ports. I can't wait to find out what comes out of EJagFest this year. Glad I'm getting in at the groundfloor here on the upcoming renaissance with my very modestly priced, and gamer-centric (as opposed to collector) Rotary Controllers.

Here is my pricing. These prices are only good through AA and JSII special requests:

Base T2K Rotary Controller (plastic knob): $35

(metal knob): $50

T2K Rotary Duo w/Switch (plastic knob): $40

(metal knob): $55

These prices INCLUDE Shipping! Only for AA and JSII special requests.

Some of you might know one of my recent customers. SoCal Mike Kennedy from GameGavel and RetroGamingRoundup recently purchased one of my controllers and AV Cables. Check out a quick review here:

Here's mainly what I've been offering lately:

Here is my base model. It's got a plastic dial that replaces the dpad. Works great if you want something simple. If you can find something like this cheaper anywhere, it was probably made by a toddler in a sweatshop somewhere

post-34415-0-41839200-1351470759.jpg

Next is my personal favorite setup (this is the setup featured in SoCal's review). It's my T2K Rotary Duo Backmount Metal. This particular one has a clicky encoder installed.

post-34415-0-50030900-1351470782_thumb.jpg

Next is a configuration best for folks who would rather spin the dial with their left hand, but don't want to loose dpad functionality.

post-34415-0-68074400-1351470825_thumb.jpg

Finally, here is one of my custom made SVideo/Composite Stereo AV Combo Cables. Yes, it's a modified XBOX1 AV Cable. Someone was bound to figure it out sooner or later. You should have seen how ghetto my cables looked before I finally figured this shortcut out.

post-34415-0-16401700-1351470837_thumb.jpg

Again, all the controllers are available as custom configurations based on knob location (anywhere you want basically), smooth or detented encoders, and plastic or metal dials. PM's through AA or JSII for requests. My supplies are pretty well stocked at the moment.

Looking forward to finally becoming a more active contributor to this community! Things are starting to get real exciting in the Jag scene!
  • Like 3

Very nice!I am trying to get my hands on a Jaguar version of TK2 now just cant find one for a resonable price atm im going threw amazon.com and the goat store for most of my buys.Goat store has it but without box or instructions.So if anyone knows were to knab a copy of TK2 with box and instructions i will be glad to order one of your rotary controllers.Thats a dam fair price from what ive seen other ppl want for there rotary controllers.Thx for sharing with us here ^^

• Like 1

Things are starting to get real exciting in the Jag scene!

For quite some time, you just have to know where to look - welcome to the hyper-active Atari Age Jaguar forum :lol:

Firstly, nice work and sensible prices - great to see.

Will you be at ejagfest? If so, you'll be able to try out your controllers with both our imminent rotary-enhanced release of Kobayashi Maru Final on CD and the latest build of Rebooteroids. We also have the beginnings of some ideas for a dual-rotary project (two spinners on one controller) and maybe some future Atari ST patched games would benefit from the use of a spinner... :ponder:

Can you produce an RGB SCART cable? Both styles of the official Atari types I've had have really poor connectors on the TV side and don't last long. I normally have 2 or 3 Jaguars set up for different things (different revisions, 50/60, CD/MT and BJL) and drag my stuff around Europe a couple of times a year so they don't just plug in once and get left there, but I'm down to 2 functioning cables and have had to put up with composite (which I'd rather not do) simply because the sable is more reliable. I think some similarly sensibly-priced scart cables would do well, but I understand you need the donor cables to begin with at the right price (I used to do something similar with the old Nintendo cables I could buy for a good price in bulk).

Finally, here is one of my custom made SVideo/Composite Stereo AV Combo Cables. Yes, it's a modified XBOX1 AV Cable. Someone was bound to figure it out sooner or later. You should have seen how ghetto my cables looked before I finally figured this shortcut out.

post-34415-0-16401700-1351470837_thumb.jpg

Those are nothing new, I've been making them for members on AA, JSII, NA, Rackerboy, SA and other forums since 2006. I've made over 500 over the years.

For quite some time, you just have to know where to look - welcome to the hyper-active Atari Age Jaguar forum :lol:

Firstly, nice work and sensible prices - great to see.

Will you be at ejagfest? If so, you'll be able to try out your controllers with both our imminent rotary-enhanced release of Kobayashi Maru Final on CD and the latest build of Rebooteroids. We also have the beginnings of some ideas for a dual-rotary project (two spinners on one controller) and maybe some future Atari ST patched games would benefit from the use of a spinner... :ponder:

Can you produce an RGB SCART cable? Both styles of the official Atari types I've had have really poor connectors on the TV side and don't last long. I normally have 2 or 3 Jaguars set up for different things (different revisions, 50/60, CD/MT and BJL) and drag my stuff around Europe a couple of times a year so they don't just plug in once and get left there, but I'm down to 2 functioning cables and have had to put up with composite (which I'd rather not do) simply because the sable is more reliable. I think some similarly sensibly-priced scart cables would do well, but I understand you need the donor cables to begin with at the right price (I used to do something similar with the old Nintendo cables I could buy for a good price in bulk).

I wish I could go to ejagfest. They went and planned it for the same day my photographer wife is having her wedding expo she's been planning and coordinating for months. Check it out here: http://mariage-hochzeitsmesse.de

I wanted to go so bad. Maybe next year. I've been following the dev here and there of rebooteroids and Kobayashi Maru. Looks fun. I've had folks asking me about other games that support a rotary controller and I always point them in that direction. I can't imagine 2 rotaries on 1 controller. How would that work? One for left and right, the other for up and down? Sounds complicated. I'm still interested, though.

I was contemplating making Jag RGB Scart Cables. I bought one over eBay from the guy in France (if you're reading, thanks again!). I have a multisystem CRT Trinitron with RGB Scart in and it's the best picture ever for Jag. I feel silly saying that SVID is the best picture possible, but unfortunately for most folks in the US, it is. I have a Xbox 1 RGB Scart cable sitting here just waiting to get gutted, but the pinout for RGB Scart has me intimidated. That, and I'm really thinking about using that Scart cable for my Xbox 1...

I did want to promote a new controller I just made, though. It's the first real version of a non-detent

encoder rotary controller. I had a batch of non-detent encoders, but they didn't cut it quality-wise so I had to toss'em. These new ones rock. I had a blast testing this one out. It's always so hard letting these babies go. I still don't own one myself. I'm waiting on DannyGalaga (nudge*nudge* again Danny) to hook me up with a Rapid Fire kit so I can build a Backmount Duo Metal with Rapid Fire. If I could do that in a Falcon PowerPad, I'd be a happy dude.

Anyway, here's a link to the GameGavel posting:

http://www.gamegavel...item=0000689756

And I don't know why this picture is here 3 times. I've tried to delete 2 of them, but chrome's being a bitch...

post-34415-0-78988100-1351614980_thumb.jpg

post-34415-0-84008800-1351614996_thumb.jpg

post-34415-0-78144600-1351615031_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just another quick update. SoCal Mike has just done a review my controller on this month's RetroGamingRoundup podcast! It's a GREAT review and he goes into a little of the history behind Jeff Minter and the development of T2K.

You can download the podcast HERE

Or visit the Current Podcast shownotes directly HERE

It starts at 3h:26m mark (or 206m). It's a good 10 Minutes long and he even mentions my GameGavel username, Freshstart719! I'm so proud I could just burst. B)

Thank you guys for your support with everything. As long as I'm still having fun with this, I'll keep on rollin'!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Things have been moving right along. I started production on a new SVID/COMP stereo AV solution with a reduced footprint. It almost plays out something like a removable SVID/RCA mod. Due to the reduced production costs, I'm offering these for $10 shipped. Depending on how these are recieved, I'll probably stick to making just these. They're alot more versitile than the modified XBOX1 cables offered up to now. Check check check it:

post-34415-0-90998500-1353637718.jpg

Also, in some more of my "Increasing the Jag-Scene Mindshare" news, one of my recent GG customers happens to none other than the esteemed author and co-founder of ArmchairArcade.com, Bill Loguidice. He purchased a Backmount Metal Duo Rotary Controller and I shipped it to him a couple of days ago. He said he'd do a blogpost on it once he's had some quality time with it. I'll post a link on this thread as soon as I know more...

That's about it, I guess... Now if I could just find the time to play around with that awesome new Rev_3 Skunkboard... tongue.gif

• Like 2