IGNORED

Back at it...

InfernalKeith

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop my head back in to say hello and that I'm trying to get back on the horse, finally... I'm attempting to devote an hour or two a night to TI programming. I'm sketching out some very tentative ideas tonight for a new game called "The Hag of Hell Mountain." It's gonna involve terraforming, building defenses, feeding a population, and eventually raising an army to defeat a computer-generated enemy across the river who's been mobilizing as well.

photo3.jpg

Sticking with Extended BASIC for now, with the goal of making a game that'll run on a "stock" PEB-enabled system with XB and 32K. Once I get this one knocked out, I am gonna go back and revisit my long to-do list of half finished projects. I'm excited again, and making progress toward getting my hardware set back up and ready to use. Of course, this is all subject to change at the whims of real life, but I wanted to dip my toe back in here because I miss TI talk and seeing everyone else's projects coming together.

More to come!

Keith

• Like 4

:)

When we go to the family’s cottage, the mountain hut, there are no computers or television allowed. Weather forecast, limited googling and news, text messaging and probably Wordfeud are about the only exceptions (all of it on the phones - no action games). As always, I have my supply of graph paper and ballpoint pens in a few different colors (not using pencils anymore). Besides a couple of crosswords, I note and develop ideas for work, the 4A, games and more. Beer almost mandatory. 3 pages not yet scanned and/or put into text.

4Anotes.jpg

I noticed my lack of pixel graphics all together.

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 1

I did exactly the same thing when I went on a boating holiday in Yorkshire. I was told, "No laptop allowed!" by the girlfriend.

Not fair - kids took the Nintendo DS .... so I took a notepad and set of pencils and started writing code for a game at night time.

Driving the boat through the day was brilliant fun but on a night when everyone is in bed, and guess who's still awake - me!

• Like 1