IGNORED

Halloween rarity

Yurkie

• 5 weeks later...

I have 2 copies of the no label style, I got one of them last year @ the PRGE from Cory (I think he is a member here). I have only seen 2 for sale since I started collecting and bought them both. I also have the labled one C.I.B. I would sure like to know the approximate no label run also. By the way, the no label style did come w/the manual rubber-banded around it.

I have an original labeled 1 too. Theres a CIB one and a loose 1 on ebay right now both with labels. Thats 6. But theres no tellin how many people have ataris put up in attics and basements that may have this game and even Air Raid and have no idea they're anything more than old junk toys.

I have an original labeled 1 too. Theres a CIB one and a loose 1 on ebay right now both with labels. Thats 6. But theres no tellin how many people have ataris put up in attics and basements that may have this game and even Air Raid and have no idea they're anything more than old junk toys.

Not to mention that someone may find thousands of copies in a warehouse like Cheetahmen 2, although I know the odds are a little lower because of the crash and stuff.

Edited by PitfallHarry2600

• 5 weeks later...

From the guide:

"As Wizard Video was liquidating their inventory and trying to minimize costs, many copies of Halloween were sold with no label. The word Halloween is simply written across the cartridge in black marker. The label version is more sought after by collectors, but it is unclear which version is more rare."

The version without a proper label (sometimes with a handmade label, or sometimes completely without one) is more rare, but the problem is that these cartridges aren't likely to be originals. Most if not all of these cartridges were originally made and sold by Pleasant Valley Video, not by Wizard. Jim Redd of PVV claimed back then that the copies of TCM and Halloween he was selling were unsold Wizard stock, but given his dubious nature (which is well documented here and elsewhere), I think that's rather unlikely, especially given the fact that both the Apollo PCBs and the shells used to make these games were readily available from Jameco. I tend to agree with CPUWIZ's belief that these unlabeled Wizard cartridges are to be considered early repros.