IGNORED

The OFFICIAL AtariAge SECRET SANTA 2012 Thread™

the.golden.ax

Well crap, good thing the twelve days of Christmas start on the 25th and run through Jan 6. Rescue Reindeers will save the day! No John, I am not sending you my Quadtronics pong!

Not worried :) I know where it is going if and when you decide to do something with it :) I would like to thank the people who have put this thing together, as well as the folks who have volunteered to be a rescue ranger. I really had alot of fun putting my gift together this year :)

Not sure if it was your real one or a RR. IIRC your guy still said he was sending (though I may be mistaken).

Whoever sent it, I surely am grateful. I am having trouble posting pics from the iphone- tapatalk is being weird. I ended up getting a very sharp XL Atari shirt, an funny/cool Atari belt buckle and wristband kit, a $20 Nintendo Wii giftcard, and two Pac-Man ghost tins, presumably with pellets in them. I can't identify which ghosts though, I'm not that good! :D

So thank you so much, my generous and thoughtful Santa from Ohio, whoever you are! And a big thanks to Ax for setting this up!

Woaaaaaaaaah! Here we go!

I went out to get the mail today and I found a package with my name on it. No way, I thought. It's only been a few days. Yes way. My Rescue Ranger went way beyond the call of duty and spent $24.45 to ship my package so it would arrive before Christmas. That's dedication, and I bow before you.

What's more, there was a nice handwritten card and all these nicely wrapped gifts inside which, when opened, revealed a whole slew of vinyl records which I don't have already. My 45 collection has always been lacking, and now I have a nice little stack of great 45s from amazing bands like The Talking Heads, Van Halen, The Rolling Stones, and more! In addition to all the great music I received an Atari Lynx game. Now I have five games and no system, so I think I should look into getting a Lynx (no complaints here). I also received a baggie of candy (including Snickers Peanut Butter Bars, which I'd never tried before) and a mechanical heart valve (expired, but still fully functional, I've been assured).

I want to thank my Rescue Ranger for doing this. It means a lot to me that you went through so much effort for someone you've never met. Thank you, and Merry Christmas (unless you don't celebrate Christmas, then it's Happy Holidays)!

I have some photos below. I had to take them with my phone because my Mavica is at my friend's house and I was too impatient to wait, so the quality is probably kinda low. I don't know, I never use my phone's camera. Maybe they look okay.

Secret Santa package as I found it

Contents of the package

Contents of gifts

• Like 2

Hmm are you sure you dug through all the box? You seem to be missing a couple of gifts. I guess old timers could have kicked in ;) but I'm pretty sure there were two more gifts in that pack.

Oh shit. Better go rifle through the Burning Pile next to the fireplace.

EDIT: There were four things I missed. I guess I got too excited after finding that heart valve and forgot to thrust my hand into the unknown.

This is great! I only had two Genesis games before this, and I didn't even like one of them. I'm excited to give them all a try! I guess I also have one more reason to get a Lynx. :D

MrBland, I salute you. You went far beyond what I ever expected. You have brightened my day and I hope your holiday season is a fantastic one. You are a wonderful human being.

I missed these

Edited by MagnaFarce
  • Like 1

Glad you like it. With the short notice I couldn't get anything on your want list so I stalked your posts to get an idea of what you liked, then pulled doubles and extras from my collection.

Glad you liked the vinyls, there are some great record stores out my way. It is a good day when I can spend some time browsing. I like cover art almost as much as the music, it fact there are more than a few albums I have that I don't care for the music at all but have the albums on my wall (small mural).

Follow up some good album browsing with a trip to the retro gaming store a few doors down and I'm in seventh heaven :D

Well enough rambling, Merry Christmas everyone!!

• Like 2

Thanks Santa! My secret santa did a fantastic job. He obviously nosed around in my lists for a while. I gotted the following:

- Boxed Klax for Genesis (my quest to own Klax for every system possible moves forward)

- Boxed Hogan's Alley for NES (concentrating on collecting light gun games)

- Big bag of gummy worms!!

- A freaking Gold N64 controller!!!! Woohoo!

- A hand-written cards, which was a neccesity to explain the last gift, of which I am sure none of y'all got one of these:

- A mechanical aortic valve used for heart surgeries.(middle left in pic, in baggie) Very cool! Since I think I know who you are anyway santa (JohnBuell?), tell me if I am right; is the mesh material around the valve used so the flesh has something porous to grown into and hold onto? This is a great conversation piece.

post-26465-0-38277300-1356492989_thumb.jpgpost-26465-0-38277300-1356492989_thumb.jpg

Great job Santa!!! Thanks again Ax!!!

I gotted the following:

- Boxed Klax for Genesis (my quest to own Klax for every system possible moves forward)

- Boxed Hogan's Alley for NES (concentrating on collecting light gun games)

- Big bag of gummy worms!!

- A freaking Gold N64 controller!!!!

Looks like your missing an item, there should be an N64 green memery cover in there too.

The ring around the heart is what the surgeon uses to sew the valve in with. The native valve is removed and the fibrous ring at the base of the valve leaflets is cleaned off (usually has built up calcification). The fibrous ring is called the annulus. The surgeon then uses what is called parachute stitches to attach the annulus to the white teflon "sewing ring" around the artificial valve. Fun little note, if you hold the teflon ring you can turn the metal (actually a carbon material, though I can't think of the proper name at the momment) part of the valve. This is so the surgeon can make some adjustments once the valve is in to ensure nothing will impede the leaflets of the new valve.

Glad you liked the gifts, Merry Christmas!! (I can still say that for ten more minutes where I am :) )

Christmas is still going on around here. Got my Secret Santa package today. :D It actually arrived while I was gone visiting family, so I had this to look forward to upon returning.

I love it. I can say with 100% certainty what's going to happen to that bag of popcorn tomorrow night too! It'll go great with some newly acquired DVDs. ;)

post-9364-0-32843500-1357266978_thumb.jpg

Thank you SS!!!

Edited by KevinMos3