IGNORED

The OFFICIAL AtariAge SECRET SANTA 2012 Thread™

the.golden.ax

So folks are revealing themselves this year (pleae, no more innuendos!! :) )? I didn't think many folks did last year.

For me, I really wanted to last year but refrained. If most peple are this year, I'm game!

if you're into that sort of thing - go ahead - i'm not here to judge.

• Like 1

Wow, my secret santa is awesome! I got another package with the biggest bag of peanut M&M's I have ever seen, along with a large bottle of hand sanitizer. Thanks a bunch man! Also, I am sending out my package today. I feel bad about taking this long. I have been really busy lately and just have not had a chance till now. It should still make it in plenty of time thankfully. I hope my recipient enjoys what I got for them!

IMG_20121205_133556.jpg

If you listen closely you can here the envious chatter of little boys, the groans of an indulgent wife and the giggles of a grown man...

IMG_20121205_134443.jpg

Thanks captmorgandrinker, great gifts! The T-shirt is really what took it over the edge for me, thanks :D

One thing I've learned for next year, I'm really going to deck mine out more next time. I mean the gifts I sent were good (though he still hasn't opened it yet.... poor puppy) but I really like some of the touches I've seen in the other gifts that added to the Christmas fun, a lot more fun in mine next time :)

• Like 3

Well, I included a few bonus items with my package, but it was just low cost stuff that I had that I thought my SS would enjoy besides the main items. There's no obligation to do that, it's just that I wanted to. :) I know some people have better collections then me...hell, I'm not even a collector. It also came down to having spare room in the box. :P

Boy those are great SS gifts (that Lynx shirt is awesome)! The box I sent was too plain, but I hope my recipient liked the items - I definitely tried to give what they wanted. I will do things a bit different next year. I'm an AA SS virgin - but next year I will be just a bit more 'sperienced.

Edited by jtoubeaux

a mysterious Amazon package came in monday but i didn't open it until tuesday, not even realizing it was from my SS. when i saw the Wii games (Madworld & Resident Evil 4), i thought "what the hell, i didn't buy this stuff!" but then i saw the chocolate peppermint candy and started laughing in realization. great job on finding two awesome Wii games that actually i don't own! and that candy rocks! thank you, Secret Santa!

also, my outgoing package will be shipped either tomorrow or thursday.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it....Merry Christmas! I really wanted to get you a more lighthearted game instead of one of the two I got (to round out the package) , but when I put it in my cart I found out it was on backorder.

I've gotten lucky the last couple of years on not giving people duplicates....here's to hoping in advance that my luck continues for next year!

You and me both. I didn't even think about making mine festive. Now I wish I had drawn some pine trees or a drunk stepfather or something on the box to make it more Christmassy.

I'm sure mine was festive, what with the smiley-face arrow from A to Z and all :)

Edited by Metal Ghost

Thanks captmorgandrinker, great gifts! The T-shirt is really what took it over the edge for me, thanks :D

Glad you liked it! I did a little bit of AtariAge post stalking to find out which handhelds you had, and saw your awesome Lynx collection. Figured I had to get something in there Lynx related.....

Glad you liked it! I did a little bit of AtariAge post stalking to find out which handhelds you had, and saw your awesome Lynx collection. Figured I had to get something in there Lynx related.....

I'm wearing my shirt today :D It has given two seperate oppurtunities to bless curious victims with meticulous detail of the glory that is the Atari Lynx!!

• Like 2

I got my package today. Oodles and oodles of Atari 7800 Goodness and a bag of Reese's Pieces! Can't wait to tear into that! :)

I have not sent my package out yet. I'm waiting for one more item to be delivered to me (Amazon says by the 10th, but they're usually quicker than their estimated delivery times.) Once that arrives, package will be on the way. :)

Merry Christmas to all! :)

EDIT: Just tracked item I'm waiting for. Looks like I'll get it tomorrow, so I will be shipping my package out by the 10th at the latest.

Edited by Deteacher

I just couldn't take it any more and broke the seal on my package. My SS rocks! In addition to a generous Amazon card, he sent 3 games.

I am the happiest person ever to receive an Asteroids cart as it completes my set of 165 NTSC R2s! Oh happy day! I'm now only need 123 more carts to complete the full set of NTSC carts in the AA database.

Thank you SS!

- theGhost