IGNORED

New Mario Bros GBA HSC Classic Mode

roadrunner

• 2 weeks later...

I've already maxed out this game on an original GBA the year it came out. Both the score and the level. I accomplished this feat 3 times on 3 different Super Mario Advance games (I skipped Yoshi's Island) so it is totally repeatable. Too bad I didn't notice this competition sooner but eventually I will post a video of me doing it again.

I have to say they really dumbed down the difficulty level in this remake. In the NES version, the farthest I have gotten was level 51. I was about 12. But in the GBA version I successfully completed Phase 99.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 1

I'm extending the deadline another month to give people more time to play. :)

This round now ends on Jan 1st 2013

Cool, maybe I should do it again on purpose just to show it can be done. I just hope playing it on a TV in order to capture the footage doesn't throw off my skill. Part of my reason for winning could have been because the screen was small enough to see everything at once, and I was using a real GBA controller instead of the Gamecube controller which usually is kind of hard to use for Game Boy sidescrollers. It is still worth a shot. I don't think I've had time to play any games seriously since April before I got this job and apartment.

The first time I accomplished maxing out the game was when I was sitting in my grandma's room at the hospital as my grandpa visited her. I don't remember if it was before or after she got out of her first coma.

Hey guys I pulled it off. The high score is 999,990. It's maxed out and level 99 was beaten multiple times. There's no going past that as it won't get any harder and you keep getting bonus rounds with extra life chances every certain number of rounds.

This was played on Wii's Game Boy Advance emulator - VBA GX with the classic controller pro on a 4:3 big screen component CRT TV. Combined with the other day's efforts, I think I got this on my 7th or 8th try. My post above was the 3rd try.

Here's a screenshot taken from my video rip for now, I'm uploading this video to youtube for sure.

424916_4918461607507_215226746_n.jpg

Edited by TheGameCollector