IGNORED

What's a good third-pary XBOX 360 controller?...

ataridave

maybe you should check out the madcatz street fighter series of pads. actually, the street fighter controllers I think were discontinued...

these replaced them (the WWE All Stars Brawl Pad):

41y8IpI2%2B3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

yeah, you have to deal with the cheesy wrestling art. but it's all about the control, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SUd6-imMKQc

3rd party controller doesn't automatically make the D-pad better. You want to see a bad D-pad that makes the 360 one look responsive? Check out the Mad Catz Call of Duty: Black Ops PrecisionAIM Controller:

41ks43Sa-qL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thank goodness the controller only cost me $10. The D-pad is mush. I've never seen a dpad that felt like it didn't want to return to a neutral position like this one. A good dpad is kind of hard to find these days because most games don't really need one these days. It's kind of a gaming relic.

Diehard fighters use joysticks. Most everyone else moved on to analog sticks.

3rd party controller doesn't automatically make the D-pad better. You want to see a bad D-pad that makes the 360 one look responsive? Check out the Mad Catz Call of Duty: Black Ops PrecisionAIM Controller:

41ks43Sa-qL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thank goodness the controller only cost me $10. The D-pad is mush. I've never seen a dpad that felt like it didn't want to return to a neutral position like this one. A good dpad is kind of hard to find these days because most games don't really need one these days. It's kind of a gaming relic.

Diehard fighters use joysticks. Most everyone else moved on to analog sticks.

Are there any good joysticks for the XBOX 360? I'm not looking to spend over $50 on one.

the best cheap one that's on sale occasionally is the Tekken 6 stick. It's very good, especially for the price that you often see. I got this bundle (which was the joystick and the game) for $20 or 30 a few months ago. And if you're one of the dedicated Hori fans, you can replace the guts of this joystick with Hori guts.

91g6GtzifAL._AA1500_.jpg

That price has come and gone a few times. It may be hard now with the new Tekken game.

But is the WWE Brawl pad off your radar now? It's $29 at Amazon and if you don't like it, just return it.

the best cheap one that's on sale occasionally is the Tekken 6 stick. It's very good, especially for the price that you often see. I got this bundle (which was the joystick and the game) for $20 or 30 a few months ago. And if you're one of the dedicated Hori fans, you can replace the guts of this joystick with Hori guts.

91g6GtzifAL._AA1500_.jpg

That price has come and gone a few times. It may be hard now with the new Tekken game.

But is the WWE Brawl pad off your radar now? It's $29 at Amazon and if you don't like it, just return it.

91g6GtzifAL._AA1500_.jpg

No, it's not off my radar-I can get it at GameStop for even cheaper then that, so I'll try it sometime.

I have that stick....I love it. Game has never even come out of the box, but the stick definitely gets used often. One question though: I thought that it was a Hori stick....am I wrong? I ask because of the comment re: "replace the guts ....with Hori guts". Granted, I'm sure it's their retail product as opposed to their commercial grade parts. But still, feels quality to me.

LOL.

I guess I was too vague. Yes, the joystick was made by Hori. But it's not the guts that you think of when you say "Hori guts" which is the same components as actual arcade cabinets. It's the parts that you expect in a $70 joystick, not a $300 true Hori joystick.

Like when Cisco bought Linksys and started tagging Cisco to the Linksys brand. But everyone knows that you don't get Cisco-level hardware in any Linksys router, even though you see that Cisco label on it.

The parts in the Tekken stick are good. And if they break down (though I don't use the stick nearly enough for this to be a problem as I'm terrible at fighters), it's nice to know I can replace with higher grade parts.

• Like 1

LOL.

I guess I was too vague. Yes, the joystick was made by Hori. But it's not the guts that you think of when you say "Hori guts" which is the same components as actual arcade cabinets. It's the parts that you expect in a $70 joystick, not a $300 true Hori joystick.

Like when Cisco bought Linksys and started tagging Cisco to the Linksys brand. But everyone knows that you don't get Cisco-level hardware in any Linksys router, even though you see that Cisco label on it.

The parts in the Tekken stick are good. And if they break down (though I don't use the stick nearly enough for this to be a problem as I'm terrible at fighters), it's nice to know I can replace with higher grade parts.

Gottcha'....cool! I didn't know the reparts were that easily replaceable. Are we talking to the extent that you can just unplug buttons and replace with Hori arcade parts? Or more like de-soldering things, etc.?

I just saw one at Target. While not 3rd party AND it's 64 bucks(at least at Target), it's the same as the factory 360 controller, but you can turn the d-pad into the Nintendo style, or pop-up the 4 corners to make it like normal. Sounds tempting.

It's an improvement, but just about anything is... except for that awful MadKatz controller that came out several years ago where they simply put a joystick on top of an analog controller. That was truly a POS.

As for the one you mentioned, if you are in the market for a new 360 controller in general, that one is not too bad. You are also getting a battery and a charging cable.

I know this is pushing your budget, but it's on sale for this week. and if your budget is $50 for a joystick, here's a pair for $100. :)

http://www.xgaming.c...tm_medium=email

54.jpg

or if you want a track ball too:

http://www.xgaming.c...tm_medium=email

51.jpg

unfortunately, for game consoles, you do have to buy adapters:

http://www.xgaming.com/pages/adapters/

• 4 weeks later...