IGNORED

Xbox 360 console - Thank You model

cimerians

If they wanted to send those people a real thank you they'd give them a controller with a working d-pad.

I disagree... how about sending all the folks that have had multiple RROD consoles a working console. I'm on my 4th one... The madness finally stopped when I got my slim [i crossed my fingers on that purchase]... otherwise, I'm at a 100% faliure rate on the others... some repaired with warrenty and then died outside the warenty period... one just 2 days after expiration... would they fix it... NOOO. I guess gving 70% of their user base a reliable working consule for putting up with the troubles along with a "I'm sorry, we farked up, letter" would cost them too much money in teh short term... never mind :-( Oh and don't get me started on their customer service and my XBOX live issues.

I really am trying to like MS, really... I am. My first XBOX is still running like a clock. I love it.

Edited by GrizzLee
  • Like 1

I bought xbox live immediately (gamertag "NE146") but since it was something I was just dicking around with, I used a lot of false info (my usual practice). Problem is once I let it sit around a year or two prior to the 360, I completely forgot all the info for it. So it's lost for good. Apparently there was a time I could have possibly migrated it, but according to the reps, that time has passed. So whatever. SCREW YOU BASTARDS :D

I bought xbox live immediately (gamertag "NE146") but since it was something I was just dicking around with, I used a lot of false info (my usual practice). Problem is once I let it sit around a year or two prior to the 360, I completely forgot all the info for it. So it's lost for good. Apparently there was a time I could have possibly migrated it, but according to the reps, that time has passed. So whatever. SCREW YOU BASTARDS :D

I did the same exact thing. LOL

EDIT:

Here it is. Try and win a console of your very own. Get a free game and also a chance for a free Xbox live Gold subscription. (I sound like them)

http://majornelson.com/2012/11/15/happy-birthday-xbox-live/

LOL I just got a message from Live stating I had been an Elite Live member and to celebrate this they were giving me....

A DLC code for an avatar helmet.

Ah well. I was all excited there for a second.

Yeah me too... Would rather recieve a refund for 4 Xbox 360s though.

LOL I just got a message from Live stating I had been an Elite Live member and to celebrate this they were giving me....

A DLC code for an avatar helmet.

Ah well. I was all excited there for a second.

Ha...I'm glad I'm not the only one who allowed themselves to believe they'd gotten one of these consoles! Seriously, the e-mail had the picture in it, said congratulations.....you're an Elite Live memeber....so we'd like to give you....this avatar helmet?? But in all seriousness I am appreciative of the thought, and I have in fact already gone and downloaded the helmet for proud display on my avatar (unfortunately I had already started downloading the Wrecketeer, which was taking forever, so the helmet got background downloaded last night and I'll have to change my avatar later).

• Like 1

It's very generous of them to give a bitmap drawing to all their loyal customers.

I'd like to get in on it as well and for only $2 each you can have any of the ones I draw too. Here's one for starters.. it's kind of like a wig, or maybe a "darth vaderish" helmet thingy? Whatever. 2 bucks plz.

post-31-0-56811700-1353090517.jpg

I'd like to get in on it as well and for only $2 each you can have any of the ones I draw too. Here's one for starters.. it's kind of like a wig, or maybe a "darth vaderish" helmet thingy? Whatever. 2 bucks plz.

WTF? We've all been loyal readers of yours for 10 years. Though penis jokes, goatse jpegs, and links that should never be clicked on.

We should get that wig thingy for FREE!!! :mad:

WTF? We've all been loyal readers of yours for 10 years. Though penis jokes, goatse jpegs, and links that should never be clicked on.

We should get that wig thingy for FREE!!! :mad:

I know of a secret way to hack his post and get the wig for free. PM me if interested, H4X0R T3H 4T4R1W3BZ!!!!!!!!!!!

It's very generous of them to give a bitmap drawing to all their loyal customers.

post-31-0-56811700-1353090517.jpg

Now that's a thought. An indie avatar store....

"I'd buy that for a dollar"

Edited by GrizzLee

I actually pre-ordered Xbox Live along with Unreal Championship. I picked it up on release day. The kit came with the headset and a demo of Moto GP that you could play online. I grabbed my gamertag, HyperEye. I have always maintained my paid status. Unfortunately I changed accounts early in 2005 (there is a technical story behind why but it would require me to delve into mostly forgotten details of the Xbox 1.) I switched to my current gamertag, hIperEye. The two accounts are in no way linked and my GT shows a tenure of 7 years instead of the full 10 that I have been a member. So I got the stupid helmet. I'm not even going to use it because half the people on my friends list are wearing it and I have the cooler flaming Halo helmet that certain beta testers got. Obviously there was no way I could have foreseen that MS would give away limited edition 360's but I'm doing a little bit of this right now... :_( :mad: :_(

I logged into Live using the e-mail that was associated with my old account but it would appear that the GT was freed up due to inactivity. The GT was changed to something random and it showed up as having 0 years under its belt.

I hadn't pre-orderd Live or anything, but I really thought I'd hit 10 years. Nope....I'm at 9 :( Oh well, none of my friends have the helmet, so I'm wearing it proudly for a week or so before I change to the Promethean Knight helmet that you get unlocked with some Halo 4 Spartan Ops achievement. Still, would have loved that console.....

Only 5 were given away, so even with a full 10 years the chances were slim at best.

Are you sure only 5 were given away? I already seen 2 on ebay and another one unboxed on IGN. Also MS is giving at least 1 away as a prize for downloading some kind of dlc.