IGNORED

Extended BASIC Compiler

senior_falcon

The coding is finished. It has been sent to the TI for testing, and for some reason source code does not assemble properly. The assembler spits out this code:

DSR ERROR - 02F4

I have no idea why this happens. The compiler was sent back to the PC and those files were tested in Win994A and Classic 99. They work fine in those environments. It iuses the same files for the assembler on the TI, WIN99 and Classic, so that shouldn't be it. Any ideas on what is happening? I am using a Horizon RAM disk in the TI, but that has never caused trouble like this before.

According to the manual, 02F4 are the first two bytes from the PAB. 02 is the opcode, which is READ, and F4 is the status byte... Error 7, Display/variable file opened for INPUT, SEQUENTIAL. And error 7 is FILE ERROR. So that suggests to me that the file is probably a little bit malformed.. does it fail right away or after running for a bit?

Harry, every time I created assembly code under emulation that compiled fine on the PC, I got that very same error when I transferred the source files to the TI using TELCO and tried compiling them. This seems to only happen for large programs, such as my SkyChart and Ultimate Planet programs and only when I used the IDE card to store the source files.

Are you using the IDE card by any chance? In my case, when I placed the source files on real disks, then compilation did not error out. Otherwise, you can simply transfer the emulator compiled files to the TI after conversion to TIFILES format and they will run just fine on real hardware.

No one on the Yahoo site could give me an answer at the time unfortunately...

Edited by Vorticon

Yea all of my RXB GPL is excessively large.

The orginal source file only assembled one 2K GRAM bank at a time. i.e. GRAMs >6000, >8000, >A000, >C000, and >E000 (ROMs >6000 times 2)

The code in paper took up two (2) 4 inch thick 3 ring binders.

I tried transfers and only PC99 on Disk worked but I had to break up the original files as they were created with TIM 80 column card and FW on a SCSI hard drives and Horizon RAMDISKs.

Not very many thing written on the TI ever took up that much space.

I finally got the compiler running on the real TI-99. I had used Notepad++ to make one large RUNTIME file with the .TXT extension. This was too large to fit into the TI editor. I wrote a small XB program to read the .TXT file and save it in a large native TI file with a TIFILES header. This is what did not run properly on the real TI. I split RUNTIME back into two segments, both with the .TXT extension. I loaded them into the TI editor and saved them with the TIFILES header. I then sent the files via RS232 to the TI at a baudrate of 1200, but this time saved them on a floppy disk instead of the Horizon ram disk in case there was some problem there. Now all works as it should. One (or more) of the above changes, made it work, and I don't know which, nor do I much care! Or perhaps there was an error in the initial transfer.

The docs are essentially finished. A couple days downtime and I will be able to package this up and send it out.

Great news and grats on the project.

The XB to GPL compiler I have worked on is huge and slow.

It does take many XB commands and creates GPL source coded, but as it is written in XB it is very slow.

At least it is much more easy to debug and rewrite.

Thanks Harry - downloaded!

Will digest over the next few days and will probably put a little game together using it!

Your efforts are much appreciated, and it's good to have you here on this board - I hope you're enjoying hanging out with us TI die-hards! :)