IGNORED

7800 HSC Season 5 - Game 18 !Fatal Run!

JacobZu7zu7

Man, how hard is it to save a screenshot?

Wouldn't you need to save one just to make sure you write down the correct score?

No, I wouldn't. I memorize the score each time I reach the city. Sometimes I save a screenshot at the moment I complete the level. I ALWAYS make notes of my partial score EACH TIME the level is finished.

Edited by oyamafamily

When i played this game the only weapon i bought was machine guns.

I was saving my cash. The cash maxs out at like 10k

I always had a few people die when i reach a city.

The tips i could give are always buy a bunch of fuel.

On one of my goes i didn't buy enough fuel . :mad:

And watch out for those brown road blocks things. They do alot of damage to your car.

They usually are near the start of a level.

Edited by roadrunner

When I played this game, I followed the specific rule in order to play fairly: "NO CODES ALLOWED". I just hit the Left Button after opening Fatal Run Cartridge to start a New Game (Stage 01). I DIDN’T use Save States during my gameplays. I normally used Automatic System Color (aka REGION, on ProSystem Emulator), but NEVER PAL SYSTEM.

Roadrunner, your tips helped me to finish this game easily.

To score more than 400K points, I reserved my enough money to buy the following items:

1) Dynamites, death diamonds and rockets on later stages (more effective to score many points).

2) Oils on levels 2 to 16.

3) FUEL (the most important item) and Machine Gun on every level completed. I kept an eye of FUEL.

4) In some occasions, Shields and the parts of my car with critical damage (especially Bumpers).

5) Periodically, I had to repair my car in general.

6) Engine 8 cylinder after completing at least 16 levels.

I AVOIDED buying the following itens:

1) Gas tank (I repaired it only in case of high damage)

2) Weapons which are not effective to score more points - NITRO & SMOKE

BEFORE completing the Last Stage, I spent all the weapons available in my arsenal (Machine Gun, Rockets, Dynamites etc.).

For me, it's almost impossible to score 500,000 points, and IMPOSSIBLE to roll the score.

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1

When I played this game, I followed the specific rule in order to play fairly: "NO CODES ALLOWED". I just hit the Left Button after opening Fatal Run Cartridge to start a New Game (Stage 01). I DIDN’T use Save States during my gameplays. I normally used Automatic System Color (aka REGION, on ProSystem Emulator), but NEVER PAL SYSTEM.

Roadrunner, your tips helped me to finish this game easily.

To score more than 400K points, I reserved my enough money to buy the following items:

1) Dynamites, death diamonds and rockets on later stages (more effective to score many points).

2) Oils on levels 2 to 16.

3) FUEL (the most important item) and Machine Gun on every level completed. I kept an eye of FUEL.

4) In some occasions, Shields and the parts of my car with critical damage (especially Bumpers).

5) Periodically, I had to repair my car in general.

6) Engine 8 cylinder after completing at least 16 levels.

I AVOIDED buying the following itens:

1) Gas tank (I repaired it only in case of high damage)

2) Weapons which are not effective to score more points - NITRO & SMOKE

BEFORE completing the Last Stage, I spent all the weapons available in my arsenal (Machine Gun, Rockets, Dynamites etc.).

For me, it's almost impossible to score 500,000 points, and IMPOSSIBLE to roll the score.

I used smoke and machine guns mostly :-D

Thanks for the tips.

Congratulations, Oyamafamily :thumbsup:

You won the 7800 HSC 5 Season!

I think it's the first time you win a seson in AtariAge!

I'd like to thank Jacob for this great tournament.

I had much fun playing with you all.

I started using Wii emulator and now I have two Atari 7800 and a few games (DK Jr, Pole Position II, Galaga, Dig Dug and Desert Falcon).

I also could met the great Atari 7800 programmer, PacmanPlus, and just ordered some games I know will greatly improve my 7800 collection (Moon Cresta, Fail Safe, Crazy Brix, Pac-man Collection, Crazy Brix, Meteor Shower and Scramble :thumbsup:)

I would suggest some fun rounds with PacmanPlus games between season 5 and 6 as I posted in PacmanPlus thread...

• Like 1

Congratulations, Oyamafamily :thumbsup:

You won the 7800 HSC 5 Season!

I think it's the first time you win a seson in AtariAge!

I'd like to thank Jacob for this great tournament.

I had much fun playing with you all.

I started using Wii emulator and now I have two Atari 7800 and a few games (DK Jr, Pole Position II, Galaga, Dig Dug and Desert Falcon).

I also could met the great Atari 7800 programmer, PacmanPlus, and just ordered some games I know will greatly improve my 7800 collection (Moon Cresta, Fail Safe, Crazy Brix, Pac-man Collection, Crazy Brix, Meteor Shower and Scramble :thumbsup:)

I would suggest some fun rounds with PacmanPlus games between season 5 and 6 as I posted in PacmanPlus thread...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, LIDUARIO!

For the next season I've just chosen my suggestion: Jr. Pac-Man (one of the games programmed by PACMANPLUS).

I will suggest the following settings: Bicycle as a Starting Level, One Player, 3 Lives to start and FAST MODE.

On 7800 Jr. Pac-Man, there are two "hidden settings" to change: Fast Mode and Lives:

1) Fast Mode is activated with Left Difficulty Switch on "PRO" (A / Expert) position ('F6' key on Prosystem Emulator - must be held at the moment you start a new game, '1' key on EMU7800 - QWERTY Keyboard).

2) The lives can be chosen between 3 and 5 with Right Difficulty Switch ('F5' key on Prosystem Emulator, '2' key on EMU7800 - QWERTY Keyboard). To start with 3 lives, let the Right Difficulty on Default Position (B / Novice; DON'T press F5 on Prosystem Emulator at the moment of starting gameplay).

Edited by oyamafamily

sorry folks... i will update the standings and ranks, and final totals...

i pulled my lower back it spasmed... and i been in bed a week... its gotten better finally, and i can sit at the PC again.

JACOBZU7ZU7,

I ERASED intentionally all the first scores on 7800 Desert Falcon (Season 5, Round 17).

P.S.: I'm Brazilian located in Curitiba (Paraná), and another Brazilian (Liduario) is from Belo Horizonte (Minas Gerais).

Edited by oyamafamily

JACOBZU7ZU7,

I decided to put "Disqualified" on 7800 Desert Falcon (Season 5, Round 17), and declare LIDUARIO THE CHAMPION.

AND ME, oyamafamily, VICE CHAMPION. Second Place on Final Rankings is a good size for me.

See details on the PM which I posted to you.

P.S.: I'm Brazilian located in Curitiba (Paraná), and another Brazilian (Liduario) is from Belo Horizonte (Minas Gerais).

This is NOT your decision to make....you are not the moderator of this HSC.. you cannot declare anything....the Moderator declares what is what.

• Like 1

JACOBZU7ZU7,

I ERASED intentionally all the first scores on 7800 Desert Falcon (Season 5, Round 17).

The scores have been locked in... and they will stay.... however there's more from this Moderator.

NOONE HAS WON SEASON 5... YET!

Stay Tuned 7800 HS'Clubbers...

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

@JACOBZU7ZU7,

There is a correction to make: the final score obtained by NIKON is 332,725 (pay close attention in Post #23 of this topic), NOT 230,000. Nikon played a new game after completing Fatal Run with a score of 230,000, i.e., the mission has been accomplished, which is to drive to the rocket launch site in order to launch a satellite which will save the world.

And another correction to make on Round 17 (Desert Falcon HIGH SCORES):

1. 447,490 oyamafamily [+10+1] [scores considered, because I erased my first scores many days after closing this game]

2. 108,118 Liduario IT'S [+9], NOT [+8]

3. 94,088 JacobZu7zu7 IT'S [+8], NOT [+9]

RANKINGS AFTER ROUND 17 - PLEASE, CORRECT IT:

1. Liduario [225] [+3] BONUS [+9] HIGH SCORES = [237], NOT [236] (15) 8 +AP +OP (What's the meaning of AP and OP, Jacob?)

2. oyamafamily [220] [+4+1] BONUS [+10+1] HIGH SCORES = [236] (ONE POINT BEHIND LIDUARIO) (16) 12

3. roadrunner [131] (15) 1

Finally, I would like to consider as a very GOOD IDEA the fact of announcing the Final Bonus Game valid for this 7800 HSC Season.

Thank God, your sickness has been CURED!

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1

@JACOBZU7ZU7,

There is a correction to make: the final score obtained by NIKON is 332,725 (pay close attention in Post #23 of this topic), NOT 230,000. Nikon played a new game after completing Fatal Run with a score of 230,000, i.e., the mission has been accomplished, which is to drive to the rocket launch site in order to launch a satellite which will save the world.

And another correction to make on Round 17 (Desert Falcon HIGH SCORES):

1. 447,490 oyamafamily [+10+1] [scores considered, because I erased my first scores many days after closing this game]

2. 108,118 Liduario IT'S [+9], NOT [+8]

3. 94,088 JacobZu7zu7 IT'S [+8], NOT [+9]

RANKINGS AFTER ROUND 17 - PLEASE, CORRECT IT:

1. Liduario [225] [+3] BONUS [+9] HIGH SCORES = [237], NOT [236] (15) 8 +AP +OP (What's the meaning of AP and OP, Jacob?)

2. oyamafamily [220] [+4+1] BONUS [+10+1] HIGH SCORES = [236] (ONE POINT BEHIND LIDUARIO) (16) 12

3. roadrunner [131] (15) 1

Finally, I would like to consider as a very GOOD IDEA the fact of announcing the Final Bonus Game valid for this 7800 HSC Season.

Thank God, your sickness has been CURED!

Apparently Oyama you do not READ THE ENTIRE POST!!! I would suggest that you go back and use your brain and read the ENTIRE post.

WHO DIED AND LEFT YOU MODERATOR???

Edited by NIKON

This is to all the other players of this round...I serve notice that the score in the table of post #1 is incorrect as my final submission was the 230,000 score.

Since the moderator has ignored my message to him about this and he has listened to oyamafamily in this matter I place blame on oyamafamily for poking his nose into business where it did not belong.

I apologize for any incorrect point distribution due to this problem that apparently is falling on deaf ears.

If this post gets me banned so be it..but I have tried to rectify this problem since it was posted by oyamafamily and this is my only recourse to all the other players who are affected by this problem.

@oyamafamily....start reading entire post BEFORE you spout off at the mouth.