IGNORED

Stella Programming Guide - Looking for Charles Sinnett

JAC!

Hi,

I have tried to contact Charles Sinnett, the author of this version of the document because I would like to maintain updates etc. and provide it centrally for everybody. It is not a simply scan but a searchable PDF which is invalueable. Until now I was not able to find him - mabye somebody here can help.

http://atarihq.com/danb/files/stella.pdf

Cheers, Peter/JAC!

post-17404-0-09640700-1353929238_thumb.png

• 8 years later...

Hi Peter, I have used that same PDF (i.e. Stella Programmer's Guide - reconstructed by Charles Sinnett) as source for the booklet available on Lulu.com

It is a great reference for 2600 developers. However, it has a lot of spelling errors, and in some cases these errors are actually misleading (e.g. "Objects can not be placed at any position" instead of "Objects can now be placed at any position"). Also, there are some technical errors, e.g. the information on the VDEL registers is incorrect.

I recently found Charles Sinnett's source Word document (which was in Word 2 binary format!) and was able to convert it to a modern version of Word.

At this moment I'm fixing the typo's and adding some stuff I think is missing (or incorrect). After that, I will put it on github, so other people can chime in to fix or add stuff.

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 2