IGNORED

Atari Inc. - Business Is Fun Now Available!

Albert

• 2 weeks later...

So, Curt, I have a question about the book.

The section about the Vidcomm is really different than the entry on the Atari History Museum. The latter refers to "The Vidcom I (Video Communications Device) from Atari Healthcare Systems...." but the book (page 497-98) doesn't mention Atari Healthcare systems at all. Why the discrepancy? Is the information on the site out of date?

Thanks!

Edited by Big_Mo

So, Curt, I have a question about the book.

The section about the Vidcomm is really different than the entry on the Atari History Museum. The latter refers to "The Vidcom I (Video Communications Device) from Atari Healthcare Systems...." but the book (page 497-98) doesn't mention Atari Healthcare systems at all. Why the discrepancy? Is the information on the site out of date?

Thanks!

Curt can answer fully, but I'm going to go with the fact that yes - his site is very out of date and it hasn't been brought in line with the book yet. All those heart surgeries, all the time we needed on the book, the XM and continued health issues tend to leave little time for anything else.

Edited by Retro Rogue

Hi,

On the website that was really more of a playful title - Atari Healthcare Systems.

There was never a really such a division or group, I have been updating sections of the site slowly but surely to be more up to date and accurate.

I saw you posted that the copy you got wasn't signed, I'm very sorry about that. I will send you out another copy that's signed and maybe you could give the unsigned one to a friend.

Hi Curt:

That Atari Healthcare thing was really confusing because the page features a logo and everything, which implies that there's something factual there when the site is called Atari History.

And just to be clear, it was accousticguitar who got an unautographed book, not I.

Best,

Maurice

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The kickstarter admin console shows all books shipped, if someone didn't get one, obviously they didn't email us to have us check on their book and posting in a forum doesn't help them. Since there email is through the kickstarter project page, the ataribook.com website, the atarimuseum.com website I'm sure if someone needed to contact us, they'd have plenty of ways to do it.

No. :(

A whole year later? Ouch. I preordered and had to beg and send multiple emails to get mine sent. Amazon payments preorder was a botched mess unfortunately. I got two copies of the book by accident. I may sell my spare in the forum at some point since nobody I know personally other than myself gives a dang about Atari history. Overall, the book was quite entertaining and well written for a factual itemized history. The chapters are based more on theme rather than strict chronology, which is nice. I look forward to the second book although I'm sure Curt's health issues have delayed things. Hurry up and get well, Curt! ;)

Looks like the second Atari book is what I'm looking forward to next since Brian Bagnall's 2nd Commodore book now has no release date on Amazon. Still wish someone would do a Coleco history book.

Someone on the AA forums already announced they were working on one. That's specifically why I'm not touching it, I have a Mattel Electronics book lined up instead.

Someone on the AA forums already announced they were working on one. That's specifically why I'm not touching it, I have a Mattel Electronics book lined up instead.

Wasn't even aware it was happening. Mattel was a distant third for me in the early 80's console war but I'd still be interested in that book as well.

Looks like the second Atari book is what I'm looking forward to next since Brian Bagnall's 2nd Commodore book now has no release date on Amazon. Still wish someone would do a Coleco history book.

It should get release over the next year actually :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217482-coleco-industries-the-rise-fall-history-book/

• 1 month later...

For those who haven't ordered a copy yet, Amazon is running a deal where you can get 30% of a book (does not apply to kindle version).

Use code BOOKDEAL to get the discount.

Makes for a great Christmas present

Thanks for the reminder! Using the discount code, I went ahead and ordered a copy of this book (finally!). :)

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late to the party, but I just got my copy today. I'm loving it. Thanks for the time and effort you put into the book Curt and thank you for the encouragement and support you've given me by posting in some of my past hack and homebrew project threads. :)

Yep, I too finally was able to read through the whole thing. Wow. I mentioned this to Curt, but again and publicly -- thanks, Marty and Curt, for your total passion and commitment to telling the stories no one had done, and doing it accurately. Atari as an idea lives on because of passionate people like you. Nice job!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How goes progress on book two? I'm still very much looking forward to it.

Sadly, I just found out the book Commodore - The Amiga Years was cancelled by its author back in late 2013. I still have 2 kickstarter books pending...one covering the history of the Sega Mega-Drive/Genesis (only info from within Sega - no third party stuff, I believe) and Wrestling With Pixels which covers every wrestling game ever released.