IGNORED

Atari Inc. - Business Is Fun Now Available!

Albert

Will you be covering Rampage Wrestling by Lance Haffner Games?

Everybody always forgets about Lance Haffner.

Oh, I'm not writing the books, just kicked in some kickstarter cash. The Wrestling with Pixels project is being headed by Maffew of Botchamania fame so he'd be a better one to ask. He said every game so let's see what happens. Will he even know about International Championship Wrestling for Commodore Amiga?

Sometime in early 2013, we are talking with full color publishing houses, it'll be a hardcover and most likely will be about $69.99

Just out of curiosity, are there still any plans to bring out the color hardcover version? I've been holding out for that one.

• 1 month later...

Just got the book for my birthday and already almost half through. I must say that language-wise, it could have benefited from one more throrough proofreading. But the thing as a whole is such a cracking good read that I am enjoying it a lot! A must-have for every Atari fan. Hoghly recommended!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's the new cover for the second edition of Atari Inc. - Business Is fun, revealed this past weekend at CGE.

attachicon.gif10675725_10203715202032089_1065240341865304380_n.jpg

Will this edition also go through a Kickstarter or will it be available for direct sale? Trying to figure out how I might be able to get my hands on a signed copy of the second edition. :)

Will this edition also go through a Kickstarter or will it be available for direct sale? Trying to figure out how I might be able to get my hands on a signed copy of the second edition. :)

No, there's no Kickstarter for it. The Kickstarter had been for gathering funds for the trip out to San Francisco for the final rounds of interviews we did there for a little over a week plus shipping donated materials back (which there were a lot of). That of course is not needed for the second edition. Though we're going to do a Kickstarter for the Atari Corp. book for the same needs.

We'll most likely be back at Classic Gaming Expo this next year and you'll be able to get a signed copy from both of us there. Otherwise we individually attend other shows as well.

We have a limited run of posters (18 x 25, photo stock paper) of each cover signed by Curt and I ($12 each plus shipping). After these are out, because of logistics, they'll just be signed by me unless you catch us together at another show. The "I Helped Make Atari History" bumper stickers are also available ($1). Please make sure and choose the correct shipping option when checking out. One is for just bumper stickers, and the other is for posters (or combinations of posters and bumper stickers). For international orders we're using a flat shipping rate for everywhere.

http://ataribook.com/book/shop/

post-160-0-52078700-1411272993_thumb.png

We have a limited run of posters (18 x 25, photo stock paper) of each cover signed by Curt and I ($12 each plus shipping). After these are out, because of logistics, they'll just be signed by me unless you catch us together at another show. The "I Helped Make Atari History" bumper stickers are also available ($1).

http://ataribook.com/book/shop/

attachicon.gifpromo.png

Just curious how the posters are shipped?

Thanks,

..Al

• 7 years later...
On 7/31/2013 at 11:47 AM, Retro Rogue said:

Unfortunately, that's a complaint we've been hearing from a lot of the people in Europe that have ordered. Which means there's an issue with the quality of Amazon's print on demand (POD) plant there. Please, (and I can't stress this enough) contact them and let them know. We've been asking this of everyone that's reported that. Complain, get a replacement copy, etc. It's another reason why we're currently looking into the possibility of working with a regular publisher instead of staying with the POD format.

I just received the book from Amazon, and I'm enjoying reading it very much, but the photo's are still way too dark.  Was it ever released with different publisher with better photo quality?  I would re-buy it if I could get a copy with better photo's.