IGNORED

Atari Inc. - Business Is Fun Now Available!

Albert

That's what we're probably going to be doing for the bulk of them. It's just taking way too long for Amazon to process these, and people will get it quicker just re-ordering. We certainly will not be doing this again with them if we do pre-orders for the next book. We'll probably just wind up doing it on our own and just manually ordering copies and mailing them out.

Do you guys know what percentage of the pre-orders have been sent out. It sounds like they've only sent a handfull of the pre-orders out. Maybe they just stopped.

Allan

Do you guys know what percentage of the pre-orders have been sent out. It sounds like they've only sent a handfull of the pre-orders out. Maybe they just stopped.

Allan

That's what I'm wondering myself. Just trying to figure out if I should place the order on Amazon. My concern is the pre-order suddenly firing and charging my CC.

Well, I'm not sure if it was Curt helping me out or just pure chance, but I got a ship confirmation notice from Amazon tonight. Woot! :D

Yes, it was Curt. He's still working his way through and trying to force shipping from his hospital bed, he doesn't want to give up on Amazon. We've gotten the bulk of the pre-orders shipped through, just a small amount left.

Yes, it was Curt. He's still working his way through and trying to force shipping from his hospital bed, he doesn't want to give up on Amazon. We've gotten the bulk of the pre-orders shipped through, just a small amount left.

That's awsome about Curt. I really didn't expect any help with this, since of course your own health and well being takes greater priorty. Please thank him for me. I'm just really blown away he would eve be thinking about this when so much else is going on for him. :-o

He's in hospital again? Hope he's OK, he's has some hellish health problems of late. If you see this, get well soon Curt!

Hi guys... doing the best I can, but thanks to wifi and my wife bringing me my laptop I'm using all this time to try and get people's orders out...

My Mitral Valve is a real attention whore, been replaced once, repaired twice and now it is leaking all around where its seated badly and causing my pulminary artery pressure to skyrocket and in turn blood is not flowing enough and I ended up with 18 liters of fluid saturation in my body, mostly in my belly, not a good thing, all my organs were being pushed against, tough to breath, and heart wasn't pumping well... So meeting with cardiac surgeon to discuss game plan, looks like he feels very confident in going in with a mini-thoracodomy and going up into my heart to repair the points where the valve is leaking, possibly with a medical anchor ring to lock it down into place once and for all... recovery time will be much less traumatic as well since they wont have to crack my rib cage open yet again, so hoping for some good news come Wednesday and get my booked for an OR and have them fix this valve once and for all....

Hi guys... doing the best I can, but thanks to wifi and my wife bringing me my laptop I'm using all this time to try and get people's orders out...

My Mitral Valve is a real attention whore, been replaced once, repaired twice and now it is leaking all around where its seated badly and causing my pulminary artery pressure to skyrocket and in turn blood is not flowing enough and I ended up with 18 liters of fluid saturation in my body, mostly in my belly, not a good thing, all my organs were being pushed against, tough to breath, and heart wasn't pumping well... So meeting with cardiac surgeon to discuss game plan, looks like he feels very confident in going in with a mini-thoracodomy and going up into my heart to repair the points where the valve is leaking, possibly with a medical anchor ring to lock it down into place once and for all... recovery time will be much less traumatic as well since they wont have to crack my rib cage open yet again, so hoping for some good news come Wednesday and get my booked for an OR and have them fix this valve once and for all....

Curt, thank you again for the totally unexpected help with the ordrers and I hope you continue to get more good news! Best wishes. :)

After waiting an entire month after the book appeared on Amazon, I finally emailed Curt with my preorder invoice and I got a shipping notification from Amazon the very next day. My biggest regret was not doing it sooner. Hopefully, I get it later this week. It must suck for those people who are not "in the know" or members of Atariage, but what really baffles me is why these preorders had to be forced out manually, especially with a company like Amazon who prides themselves on automation.

That said, this news of Curt's health condition has me worried. I had no idea he was suffering like that. :_( I hope it doesn't too much affect the research going into the next book, but much more important than that, I hope and pray you get well, Curt. ;)

It's not just this, it seems. Amazon just seems to sucks on pre-orders, period. As others have noted here, htye just don't do it fair or properly. Recently I pre-ordered a movie also and it finally shipped about 10 days after it was released. They seem to do a 'first come first served' procedure for handling pre-orders while anyone who buys it the day of release gets it right away. I'll still buy from them all the time, but no pre-orders.

Best wishes to you, sir. I'm sure all will go swimmingly! Thanks for working so hard on the preorders, especially considering the circumstances.

Take care!

Buck

No ETA at this time, the file is being worked on to be put into kindle format, will be a considerable amount of time, anyone holding out for kindle, I would recommend not, as we don't know when it will be ready.

Those asking about the color hardcopy version, at the size of the book, we may have to consider just a color photos only coffee table type of add-on book, the cost for an 800 page full color book is just ridiculous.

• Like 1

we may have to consider just a color photos only coffee table type of add-on book

I may be interested in this if the photos are a wee bit bigger. I suppose they would naturally be if was coffee table style book.

I'm about 100 pages into the book. I'm digging it so far!

Buck

Many people have asked for an index to the book, and there simply wasn't the time to include it in this edition. As such, we've decided to provide an index at the Ataribook.com site in the near future. We're taken a novel approach to it though: We'd like anyone who has gotten a book to help us build the index via a unique crowd-sourcing effort we came up with. We're using Revisionator.com to host a version of the index that anyone can contribute to, which will then be using to build the final index. We've started with a basic listing based on keywords and a few topics.

https://revisionator.com/docs/MIFwnB4ambBXFudC9WX47cU7/view

APX will get a mention in book 2 as a side story to Atarisoft which is an ongoing story from the original Atari into the Tramiels, and at that point the lawsuits start to fly... Book 2 is going to start off with an "Overlap" chapter, kinda like when you get ready to watch the first episode of a new season of a show, there will be a recap, but this will be more like going back into late 1983 and into 1984 to bring everything up to speed and then the story dives right into that cool sunny morning on Monday July 2nd 1984 in Sunnyvale...

Just finished this tome. Wow. What a great book (even with all of the typos). I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it. It could have used some information on the opening and closing of the Atari Program Exchange.

Bill

Got my shipping notice this morning from UPS. I had to change the address on it to work since I'm not going to be home during the day, but to my surprise and pleasure I didn't have to pay the normal $5 charge to have it sent somewhere else. Kudos for the shipping! I'll get the book on Tuesday (one day delay since I changed the addy.) Can't wait to read it.

Edited by SoulBlazer