IGNORED

Kobayashi Maru: Final

sh3-rg

I think Ax thinks he's in the Impulse X thread :-)

Really? I thought there was for both. If these isn't a KM cart coming then I need the CD at least. Brain fart.

I finally got the Jag Kiosk running again last night. Didn't know where the key was since the move 2 years ago so I couldn't change anything out, or fix the monitor. Turned out it was on my car key ring. :rolling: I'm getting old. Oh well.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sh3: what's the difference between the free downloadable version and the full purchasable version?

The original version people discovered simple ways to rack up masses of points so we implemented a few things to promote good old fashioned honest play - it's now a more satisfying game to obtain high scores on. The warp ship animation is shinier in the final version and most sprites had a little bit of tinkering as well as the RMW clouds.

You can input high scores at the Reboot site with the final version and US/NTSC users get the bonus of a Pause feature (that is sadly broken on PAL/50 machines and instead becomes a speedy quit-to-menu button :P ).

It's basically the same game, you just get to have your own copy and support our future efforts - every single penny we "earn" from selling our games goes directly back into our Atari game making, we're not some kind of hit-n-run gouging outfit. Also, by buying from RGCD or GDG, you are also supporting those who help homebrewers get their games out in physical form (which is why, even though we do sell copies on eBay, we'd prefer not to... it's done to catch the few who are "out of the loop" forum-wise, such as those in Brazil and Japan for example, and by linking to RGCD in the listings hopefully people decide to purchase there instead as it's not only cheaper but where we'd really prefer people to buy them).

• Like 1

I've got a rotary controller in the mail, and if you have any left next week, I'll order a copy. I'll probably be getting Impulse X at the same time if any are left. I'm having an unusually good season for my business (but hey, it's Texas where the economy is booming like a whole other nation ;) ), and am going Jag-spending-crazy right now and the last few months. :grin:

I've been putting off getting a 3DO console again for all this too!

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

RGCD now has a proper online shop, KM:F can be bought there along with all those C64 goodies and who knows, maybe other platforms soon? So anyone who prefers to do their business in a basket and not "in person", knock yourselves out :lol:

I think it should still be available from Good Deal Games in the US, although I've not checked on their status recently. Or if you have more money than sense you can buy direct from Reboot on eBay and have us pwnd with eBay, PayPal and Royal Mail fees.

Keep an eye out for a new CD release within the next 4-6 weeks, hopefully in time for AC 2013, but can't be guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry to bump this 6 months after the last post, but as with Full Circle: Rocketeer, a version of KM:F for personal use is now available to download from the Reboot site, only difference being a nag screen showing you where you can buy Reboot stuff:

http://reboot.atari.org/new-reboot/kmf-promo.html

• Like 5

• 9 years later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Kobayashi Maru - Final as part of our Jaguar Rotary Controller Special (Part 1) on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 4

Glad you Played the Redux Version.

The graphics remaster was done in 2018, quite a long time ago. I think it still holds up. Compliments on the background finally! I remember a german forum was pretty brutal about it, picking on it immediately. Thanks for playing!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Glad you Played the Redux Version.

The graphics remaster was done in 2018, quite a long time ago. I think it still holds up. Compliments on the background finally! I remember a german forum was pretty brutal about it, picking on it immediately. Thanks for playing!

You're welcome, it's an excellent game and very challenging! The background graphics are right on theme and really amazing!

- James

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Hey Reboot folk!  Was playing this today while inside on the wintery storms, and of course I still enjoy a game of this from time to time.  Great replayable game.

If you ever feel the itch, I would love it if this game had Game Drive support to save the high score.  :)

• Like 1