IGNORED

FB4 Buyer's Remorse?

I played my just-bought FB4 for about 10 minutes, and was like "meh". Maybe it was because I was down this road before with the FB2. But with the games they chose to have on it, I think moreso about the games they chose not to have on it, or were not able to.

Space Invaders? Was there a reason why the great 2600 version wasn't included? If you're going to put Atari + Space Invaders together, the 2600 version is the only answer, no matter what.

Solaris. Where the heck is Solaris? I loved that game. I could rant on and on about other games that should have been on there. It seems with these later FB consoles were are getting diminishing returns. A few games shifted here & there a sequel console does not make, IMO.

I saw the Flashback III in Walmart a while ago. I thought about it, but do the Flashback consoles support Paddles? Also, are the joysticks included any better than the stock Atari Joysticks? I thought about it, and the Atari Flashback console reminds me a lot of those NES Power Joys that they sell at the Malls, except the Flashback is licensed but the PowerJoy is a pirate clone. If the Flashback IV comes with wireless controllers, then I take it they won't work on a vintage Atari or accept real VCS controllers. What I really want is a reliable Atari system-on-a-chip clone with a real cartridge port. The Flashback II had a real hardware clone in it and even solder pads on the board to potentially attach a real cartridge slot, but the III used a microprocessor with a software emulator, unless I'm mistaken.

I saw the Flashback III in Walmart a while ago. I thought about it, but do the Flashback consoles support Paddles? Also, are the joysticks included any better than the stock Atari Joysticks? I thought about it, and the Atari Flashback console reminds me a lot of those NES Power Joys that they sell at the Malls, except the Flashback is licensed but the PowerJoy is a pirate clone. If the Flashback IV comes with wireless controllers, then I take it they won't work on a vintage Atari or accept real VCS controllers. What I really want is a reliable Atari system-on-a-chip clone with a real cartridge port. The Flashback II had a real hardware clone in it and even solder pads on the board to potentially attach a real cartridge slot, but the III used a microprocessor with a software emulator, unless I'm mistaken.

Apparently it does accept regular controllers too. I found the AA review here. Reading it, you may be able to decide whether or not you want to risk a case of buyer's remorse also:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/201981-atari-flashback-4-review/

I felt they did right with the FB2, aside from game choices, and that's the one I own, but they will NEVER EVER sell me any emulated CRAP like the FB, FB3 or FB4! I thought they had learned from their mistake with the FB being emulated when they came out with the FB2, and then they go BACK?!? Who are the F*cking idiots in charge of Atari now?!? Shame on them, and if this is it, I would rather have the Atari name rest in peace rather than be drudged up for this crap. They deserve to fail if they can't use real Atari Hardware on a chip like the FB2. I also thinks it's time to move on from the 2600 stuff, how about 5200/8-bit or 7800 with REAL HARDWARE?!?

I guess it's original vintage for me too, they can take their emulated crap and shove it where the sun don't shine. Rest in peace REAL Atari, and rest in pieces FAKE Atari with their FAKE crap!!!

• Like 4

the only remorse I have is not being able to find a new Flashback 4 here in Canada for a good price. :P

If you're like 75% of the rest of Canada, the United States isn't too far away. Keep an eye out if you cross the border sometime in the next few months. I believe I've seen them in recent days at Walgreens and Dollar General, two large chains that are nationwide I believe.

• Like 1

Well here is an update, I found them HERE also at BED BATH AND BEYOND, one problem.....THEY WANT $69.99 W T F? :mad:

Which is weird since they were selling the Ion USB turntable for way cheaper than other places. C'mon guys, The Dollar General is charging less than half. Must be holiday markup.