IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #15 Carol vs the WORLD!

You'd be suprised, I've had folks like u2 would want one of those lovely "activision-style" patches, while there are others hitting the box already dreaming what their unique-one-of-a-kind game is going to be... I say, play for what you would like :)

But keep in mind that if more than a handful of people play to win the grand prize, most of them will take up the patches!

I say, enjoy the game and have fun! The prizes are just icing on the cake tinsel on the Christmas tree! :)

-dZ.

Don't get discouraged, Pascal. There's plenty of time to get a higher score. Besides, you went from less than 500 points, to over a thousand in just one day! :)

Keep on rocking! :)

-dZ.

Thank you dZ. but I have a lot of work... I need more time to play ;)

But, I will try. I won the Pacman and Q*Bert contest, I won't stop !

Thank you dZ. but I have a lot of work... I need more time to play ;)

But, I will try. I won the Pacman and Q*Bert contest, I won't stop !

That's the only time that I've gotten that high ... the stars just aligned and I lucked out several times. I had three or four lives going into level 31 and it kicked my butt. The toy is much faster and I couldn't escape it by running strait up any more, I'll have to rethink that level if I ever get there again!

BTW, my favorite levels are the Snowflake Garden (5) and Freezer Burn (6). I often get a perfect score on those whereas I end up loosing lives on the Frosted Maze (2) and Candy Cove (3). Leave it to me to have problems with the easier levels!

Another tip, especially in the first round, pick up as much of the candy in the middle as possible first before the snowman shows up. If the ghost touches you before you've picked up any presents, it doesn't matter! Then, run from Snowflake to Snowflake to pickup those presents. Perfect Score!

That's the only time that I've gotten that high ... the stars just aligned and I lucked out several times. I had three or four lives going into level 31 and it kicked my butt. The toy is much faster and I couldn't escape it by running strait up any more, I'll have to rethink that level if I ever get there again!

BTW, my favorite levels are the Snowflake Garden (5) and Freezer Burn (6). I often get a perfect score on those whereas I end up loosing lives on the Frosted Maze (2) and Candy Cove (3). Leave it to me to have problems with the easier levels!

Those are my favorite levels too! Although I also like Frosted Maze and usually get a Perfect Score there too. I put that one in the "easy" category. Weird that people find it so hard. LOL!

(By the way, here's a fun fact: that level was designed by Joe "intvnut" with a custom level editor he created back when the game had only one screen! The level editor was never used again. I guess we both forgot about it. HA!)

I personally HATE Candy Cove... with the burning intensity of a thousand suns! :mad: I don't know what demons possessed me to make it, but I tend to die in it, and it's very frustrating for an OCD type like myself, that tries to get every piece of candy. It's been a very rare occasion when I get a Perfect Score in that one.

Another tip, especially in the first round, pick up as much of the candy in the middle as possible first before the snowman shows up. If the ghost touches you before you've picked up any presents, it doesn't matter! Then, run from Snowflake to Snowflake to pickup those presents. Perfect Score!

That's a good tip! There are a few other nuances that can be exploited, but I'll leave them to you guys to discover. :)

Keep rocking! :)

-dZ.

We have another entry from Oscar G., cementing his post in second place and nipping at the heels of Fushek. I'll post his messages from now on because I think they're a lot of fun. :)

Entry from Oscar G.:

Score: 2,684

Received via e-mail: 12/04/2012 4:56 PM

Dear Santa,

I would like to submit my latest score to the CvW competition.

The Rank of Ranger Elf keeps eluding me. I was very, very close to Save Xmas for a second time and the Sneaky Robot decided to take it personal against me.

Why Santa? What did I do in my previous lives to deserve this?

Nevertheless, I got my best score ever. However, my greatest wish is to one day become a Ranger Elf... maybe one day.

Here is my info:

Name: Oscar G.

Score: 2684 Points

Level: 32

Thank you very much for having created such a great game. Nothing like playing Carol on a cold December night.

Regards,

Oscar G.

post-27318-0-55391300-1354659747_thumb.jpeg

Its a start....

Of course! All scores are welcomed! :)

And Liduario, congratulations!!! You're definitely getting really good at this game. :)

P.S. I'm at the office this week so I won't be able to update the leader board "live." I promise I'll update it as soon as I get home tonight! :)