IGNORED

Casual Games for the 360

CastleofIllusion

You might check out the Live Arcade Store, there are a bunch of more casual games available there.

Retail wise, they just released Angry Birds on the 360. I was playing a game called Create awhile ago. It was pretty fun, although they have taken the servers down, so any online elements are gone. Might also like Eden. You can play that with a standard controller, or the Kinect. Speaking of that, most Kinect games are pretty casual in my eyes.

I'd recommend Castle Crashers on XBLA. Fun with friends or by yourself. Old school side scrolling beat 'em up with RPG elements. Short distances between save points, easy to learn how to play, high replay value after you've beaten it, and incredibility addictive if you're one of those gamers that like unlockable characters or collecting things.

I would place a high vote for the latest Rayman game on Xbox, Rayman Origins. That game was very, VERY fun. Great as a single player game, but just a blast if you had 2 or more folks playing at once. Me, my daughter and my buddy play that pretty regularly with my wife and youngest watching, and we all get a kick out of it.

• Like 1

Did you ever try out the Guitar Hero / Rock Band games? We had lots of fun having parties playing Guitar Hero World Tour , which allows a guitar, a bass, a singer (microphone), and a drummer simultaneously and at their own difficulty setting. They probably a lot cheaper now, too. They get old pretty quick as a 1-player game though, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

How about Sega Classics from the Genesis? I mean, my wife just bought that for "us" (more for her, as she loves Sonic), and they seem easy to pick up and play. Not all the games on it, however, but the arcade favs from the Genesis era would be fun for a few minutes...right? :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear. Great budget title and casual game as well. It's an on-rails FPS reminiscent of Area 51 arcade kind of stuff. Apparently it's only available on Amazon. I went to GameStop looking for it and their database had a listing for it but there was a note in there saying they would never buy it even though it had come out four days before I visited the store. Very strange.