IGNORED

Cowitz Gamers for Kids 2013

swlovinist

I am happy to announce the 4rd Annual Cowlitz Gamers for Kids Charity Videogame show to help raise funds for the Childrens Justice and Advocacy Center(CJAC). Over the last three years, the show has helped raise over $9,000 to the Childrens Justice and Advocacy Center (CJAC) and we're convinced we can do better this year with your help!

PRGE is once again absorbing much of the cost of putting on this show so that 100% of the admission will go directly to CJAC. It is CJAC's mission to provide children who have experienced sexual or physical abuse a coordinated community approach to investigation, prosecution and treatment that promotes their safety, healing, and well-being.

The show will be on Saturday, April 13, 2013 at the THREE RIVERS MALL in Kelso, WA. THIS YEARS EVENT WILL BE IN THE SAME MALL BUILDING WITH OVER 42,00 SQ FEET! Kelso is about 1 hour north of Portland or 2 hours south of Seattle on I-5. Doors open at 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Admission is a suggested donation of $5 to CJAC, although we invite you to contribute more if you can!

Three Rivers Mall

351 Three Rivers Drive

Kelso, Washington 98626

360-577-5218

What Can you Expect?

The show will be held in THE SAME SPACE THIS YEAR, I am always looking for vendors. Like last year, it will feature classic video game vendors, a freeplay gaming arcade, a silent auction, retro videogame tournaments(with some prizes this year).

Expect a ton of good deals on classic video game merchandise including videogame systems, games, and accessories. In addition to outside video game vendors, there will be T-shirts and other merchandise specifically made for the event that will also be sold specifically to suport CJAC.

The event is child-friendly so please feel free to bring the entire family!

Further Announcements will be made, so stay tuned...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Show is getting near capacity for vendor spots. More vendors than last year! We still have a couple spots in the back, but we are pretty full with lots in store this year! Updates will happen closer to the show, but am getting excited for this great event. The show had some humble beginnings, but now is becoming a decent sized show with live music, and a whole lot of fun.

• Like 1

Wave 1 of some major announcements for this show have been posted. We have all confirmed vendors as well as a schedule of of the show up as well. More to come: I would like to thank PRGE for being the significant contributor to this event and all the support. Thanks folks!

http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/cowlitz_gamers_for_kids.php

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: The Three Rivers Mall is graciously donating gift cards for the tournaments at our show. $100 Gift Card for the Atari Indy 500 tourney, $300 Gift Card for the Pong Tourney, and $100 for the Tony Hawk Classic tourney. Might be good to place on website now that it has been confirmed. Gift cards are good to spend anywhere on the Three Rivers Mall property.

• 2 weeks later...

HUGE thank you to gwyndion from Nintendoage for all awesome and generous donations this year to the Cowltiz Gamers for Kids Expo. Posted on Retrogaming Expo website are the great items as well as link to the pics. Thank you very much! More to come

link to pics

http://s268.photobucket.com/user/swlovinist/library/Cowlitz%20Gamers%20for%20Kids%202013%20Silent%20Auction%20Items?page=1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I don't think I represented AtariAge well in the Indy500 competition :_( Toymailman and I did ok in the Pong competition; I guess we were in the top 5 or 6 out of maybe 24. Fun time, even though I didn't have much $$ this show; some deals at the end helped a lot. Thanks to all the organizers for their efforts!!

• Like 1

Well, I don't think I represented AtariAge well in the Indy500 competition :_( Toymailman and I did ok in the Pong competition; I guess we were in the top 5 or 6 out of maybe 24. Fun time, even though I didn't have much $$ this show; some deals at the end helped a lot. Thanks to all the organizers for their efforts!!

Yeah, it was great fun and great to meet ya! I missed getting into the Pong semi-finals by 1 point.

I wish more had entered the Indy 500 tourney, but I think those that did enter had a really good time.