IGNORED

Sears TELE-GAMES INTV (new) Overlay set

pboland

Well, I can honestly tell you guys that I'm not really considering the gatefold box right now. I realize that many of you like the game size boxes, but I'm really trying to keep the project in house at the moment. I might be able to make a box at a similar size, but I personally would prefer something smaller since I'm limited to some of my processes. The plan right now is to do something similar (but sized more for overlays) to this:

http://www.atariage....r/#entry2438740

post-9874-0-41769100-1355769560_thumb.jpg

I laminate these small boxes and I'm limited to laminating sheets that are just under 8-1/2" x 11".

I may be able to make it more the size of an OD2, but I will have to look (i.e. test).

Why do I get the feeling that I just killed the enthusiasm of this topic? :(

Well, I can honestly tell you guys that I'm not really considering the gatefold box right now. I realize that many of you like the game size boxes, but I'm really trying to keep the project in house at the moment. I might be able to make a box at a similar size, but I personally would prefer something smaller since I'm limited to some of my processes. The plan right now is to do something similar (but sized more for overlays) to this:

http://www.atariage....r/#entry2438740

post-9874-0-41769100-1355769560_thumb.jpg

I laminate these small boxes and I'm limited to laminating sheets that are just under 8-1/2" x 11".

I may be able to make it more the size of an OD2, but I will have to look (i.e. test).

Why do I get the feeling that I just killed the enthusiasm of this topic? :(

Actually, I think a box like that would be awesome!

(Of course, without the heathen console likeness.) ;)

So you guys would prefer it more like this:

post-9874-0-03838500-1355715558_thumb.jpg

I guess that does look better now that I'm looking at it again.

I like this one best

3) Maybe you could get in touch with Willy and see if a GATEFOLD box was an option. I would seriously pay more for this.

More yes. I agree with this. I just read that you arent considering gatefold, which, yeah, sad, BUT I rather have Overlays and no gatefold than no overlays at all.

That being said, I love playing card sized boxes, I probably have 20 or so in my game collection (sorry, none Inty related) from various promotions. I would be happy with those as well!

Just a quick update. With all the interest in this set, it's made me really buckle down and work on some more. Special thanks to OutlawTorn71 & cmart604. All I can say is you guys enthusiasm for this project is contagious. A box of inspiration came in the mail today from OutlawTorn71. If I haven't said it publicly thank you guys very much.

Here's the total collection as of today.

post-9874-0-09462400-1356041119_thumb.jpg

As you guys can see, I'm trying to change up the overlay slightly over the INTV standard ones. Some will be very similar in style and others I may just change up all around. I guess it will be whatever mood I'm in that day. :-D

Hopefully I'm on the right track with the look.

• Like 2

Saying that I'm impressed would be an understatement. They look great. It's always a tough choice modelling style after the overlay or trying to incorporate box art. I prefer the latter, especially for games that require little in the way of the keypad. For baseball, it makes sense to make it similar to the standard overlay. When possible, though, I think that incorporating the unique Sears box art would really set these apart as a standalone set. Keep up the good work!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the extra dark red areas on Basketball and Bowling. Forget more cowbell, I want more dark red! :)

I've got a fever ... and the only prescription ... is more dark red on my Sears Tele-games overlays ...

Hmmm ... doesn't have quite the same ring to it ...

Original designs by Pboland, but modeled after the box art for the Sears games.

Is it because the Sears ones didn't come with overlays? Again, just curious since I didn't even know about this variant until recently.

I don't know if this is a bad idea, but what do you guys think of matching cart labels to go with the overlays?

post-9874-0-13041000-1357703206_thumb.jpg

These were my first attempt. I was also contemplating having a black background label with a green digital like title (to match the Tele-Games logo). I have a feeling most will prefer the dark red with white text.

• Like 3

I don't know if this is a bad idea, but what do you guys think of matching cart labels to go with the overlays?

post-9874-0-13041000-1357703206_thumb.jpg

These were my first attempt. I was also contemplating having a black background label with a green digital like title (to match the Tele-Games logo). I have a feeling most will prefer the dark red with white text.

funny, i thought about this when you started these overlays. just thought people wouldnt want to ruin their games value. but awesome idea. hopefully people will go for it with someone like you making them.

edit:keep em red

Edited by pimpmaul69