IGNORED

Sears TELE-GAMES INTV (new) Overlay set

pboland

I don't have a working INTV system, so I was hoping some of you INTV experts could help me out. On the Horse Racing overlay, are the colors on the keypad important to the game play? I've read through the manual and I can't seem to find any reference to colors on the keypad other than the horses on the screen match the keypad colors. Basically, is it important that the keypad color be retained overlay for proper game play?

I don't have a working INTV system, so I was hoping some of you INTV experts could help me out. On the Horse Racing overlay, are the colors on the keypad important to the game play? I've read through the manual and I can't seem to find any reference to colors on the keypad other than the horses on the screen match the keypad colors. Basically, is it important that the keypad color be retained overlay for proper game play?

It's been a while since I played this, but I took a peek at it tonight. I think (and anyone feel free to correct me) that the only thing you need the colors for on the Overlay is for choosing your horse on the betting screen:

Horse Racing

After you bet your amount and choose Win (W) or Exacta (E), you have to choose the color of the horse. Without having color on the overlay, you could just start pressing 1-8 and see what pops up on the screen. If you press 1 for instance, you'll get a pink P. See the pic (column on the right) for details.

One way around using colors would be to replace the numbers with the letter codes, but you still would need the numbers for betting. Another possibility would be to try to fit both the number and the letter code on each button, but that could get confusing and the horse pics on each button already take up most of the space (and look friggin sweet). Hope this helps.

It's been a while since I played this, but I took a peek at it tonight. I think (and anyone feel free to correct me) that the only thing you need the colors for on the Overlay is for choosing your horse on the betting screen:

After you bet your amount and choose Win (W) or Exacta (E), you have to choose the color of the horse. Without having color on the overlay, you could just start pressing 1-8 and see what pops up on the screen. If you press 1 for instance, you'll get a pink P. See the pic (column on the right) for details.

One way around using colors would be to replace the numbers with the letter codes, but you still would need the numbers for betting. Another possibility would be to try to fit both the number and the letter code on each button, but that could get confusing and the horse pics on each button already take up most of the space (and look friggin sweet). Hope this helps.

That's what I was guessing. Thanks for the confirmation Jason.

On a side note, I will be posting a few more pics here soon to show my progress.

I just want to let you guys know that I'm playing around with the idea of putting this overlay set in its own full size game box. If I do decide to go with the full size game box, it will not be a gate fold box (I believe that is what the door flap boxes are called). It needs to be something I can make myself to keep costs low. The box would be the same size (and thickness) as a standard Sears Tele-games Super Video Arcade game box, so you would be able to display it with the rest of your collection.

Here is my WIP. Remember it is just the WIP layout that I'm using for prototyping and isn't meant as a finished product (basically it is still missing some details that I will not be able to include until I'm finished with the overlays). Let me know what you guys think so far:

post-9874-0-42297300-1361067267_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I just want to let you guys know that I'm playing around with the idea of putting this overlay set in its own full size game box. If I do decide to go with the full size game box, it will not be a gate fold box (I believe that is what the door flap boxes are called). It needs to be something I can make myself to keep costs low. The box would be the same size (and thickness) as a standard Sears Tele-games Super Video Arcade game box, so you would be able to display it with the rest of your collection.

Here is my WIP. Remember it is just the WIP layout that I'm using for prototyping and isn't meant as a finished product (basically it is still missing some details that I will not be able to include until I'm finished with the overlays). Let me know what you guys think so far:

post-9874-0-42297300-1361067267_thumb.jpg

I think the box and overlay art looks great. Do you have ETA on when you'd be selling, I'd be interested in a set or two... as I was one who looked at orphan overlays as too expensive when they were first out for $75... boy was I wrong. :)

:lust: OMG, I love the box! The lady on the front is smokin'. Where is she from? I didn't see her on any of the games or the console box. Original design? I'd go with more cleavage ;-)

I would also be interested in multiple sets. I'm planning on completely converting all 29 of my games with the new labels and overlays and storing them that way. I originally wanted to keep them original, but I think they will be better off all matching like they were meant to be. I'd buy another set or two to keep unopened and collectible. Keep up the great work!

Well, I guess I will need to find a way to make the box happen too. :)

Where is she from? I didn't see her on any of the games or the console box. Original design?

Unfortunately, it's not an original design. I don't have that kind of skill (I wish I did). The image was taken from a 1981 Sears Super Video Arcade mini catalog. Right now I show game boxes next to the lady. I plan on changing that to be my overlays. I'm just using the game boxes (which is from the same catalog) as a place holder.