IGNORED

Sears TELE-GAMES INTV (new) Overlay set

pboland

I'm assuming the overlay designs will be on the back of the box? If they are, I actually like the game boxes on the front....just sayin. :)

I will admit the boxes don't look half bad on the front. Okay, you talked me in to it. The boxes will stay on the front. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I just want to let you guys know that I'm playing around with the idea of putting this overlay set in its own full size game box. If I do decide to go with the full size game box, it will not be a gate fold box (I believe that is what the door flap boxes are called). It needs to be something I can make myself to keep costs low. The box would be the same size (and thickness) as a standard Sears Tele-games Super Video Arcade game box, so you would be able to display it with the rest of your collection.

Here is my WIP. Remember it is just the WIP layout that I'm using for prototyping and isn't meant as a finished product (basically it is still missing some details that I will not be able to include until I'm finished with the overlays). Let me know what you guys think so far:

post-9874-0-42297300-1361067267_thumb.jpg

Send me your prototype box when done... :)

....if you are keeping a count.

I really haven't been keeping count, but I guess I better start so I have a good idea of how many I might need.

Also, I made a little news story about it and added it to the ongoing INTV homebrew release schedule.

http://intellivision...mes-overlay-set

Cool. Thanks for helping spread the word about this project.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another update:

post-9874-0-30278600-1362526867_thumb.jpg

Added:

• Snafu

• Soccer

• Sea Battle

• Skiing

• Space Battle

• Space Armada

• Night Stalker

• Space Hawk

I'm noticing that some overlays need to stay very similar to the Intellivision versions so they match what is stated in the manuals.

• Like 2

Awesome work. Have you considered making a few extras to round out the set. Maybe make a personalized signature one, or possibly make a title one? Seems like 29 is an odd number of overlays, so I'd do at least 30 :grin:

I kind of like the idea of having a 30th one that ties them all together. Just a thought...

Time for another update:

post-9874-0-30278600-1362526867_thumb.jpg

Added:

• Snafu

• Soccer

• Sea Battle

• Skiing

• Space Battle

• Space Armada

• Night Stalker

• Space Hawk

I'm noticing that some overlays need to stay very similar to the Intellivision versions so they match what is stated in the manuals.

Nice job!

Awesome work. Have you considered making a few extras to round out the set. Maybe make a personalized signature one, or possibly make a title one? Seems like 29 is an odd number of overlays, so I'd do at least 30 :grin:

I kind of like the idea of having a 30th one that ties them all together. Just a thought...

****cough****Rocketeer with Groovys permission***cough****

I have been thinking about a 30th overlay. Not sure what it would be. I leaning toward a title overlay of some kind (maybe). I just don't know yet.