IGNORED

This is Amazing!

slinkeey

Wow! And Fabrice did this himself and he states that he has no formal electronics training, just self-education by reading articles and books...

What a professional job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And to think that I shorted out a console just by installing the FA18 :P

Indeed, this is how the TI should have been from the get go because there is nothing in this upgrade that was not available at the time (according to Fabrice).

Well done!!!

Edited by Vorticon

I thoiught about the F18A too, but he says he only mods it with technology that was available during the time the machine was built.

Well, technically VGA existed back then (I think), and the F18A is mostly just a 9918A with analog RGB outputs rather than composite output. Really just a 9928 with a 31KHz frequency instead of a 15KHz frequency. :-)

Actually, I don't think there is much right now for the 99/4A that didn't exist back in the day. Even the FPGA itself was available in the mid to late 1980's (invented by Xilinx in fact). And PALs and ASICs have been around since before that.

The only thing I can think of for the 99/4A that uses some technology that probably did not exist back then is the CF7, and only because of the use of flash memory.

Edited by matthew180

I screwed around with Bubble Memory boards hooked up to the TI through a Serial port.

It was fast at the time by TI standards but like a Cassettte could not find a record without reading the whole thing again.

Fun to play with, but not practical. That was also way before flash memory.