IGNORED

Installing multiple-disc games to hard drive

Metal Ghost

That would depend, there are a few games that have issues if running entirely from HDD (aka both disks are installed). I remember this being a issue with a few multi disk games I had (mainly forza, which they fixed with a patch). Heck many single disk games have issues when installed to HDD. I remember pgr 4 having sound, and game instabilities, skyrim had issues loading higher Res textures (things would look blurry, up close). The only way to find out if a game has any issues with all disks installed to the HDD is to try, if any game does, just uninstall disk 1 (the play disk).

But installing to the HDD does improve loading times, and will prolong the DVD drive in the 360, plus the system will run more quiet (especially if you get unbalanced disk, which causes the system to vibrate wildly).

Edited by madmax2069

OK, thanks guys. Sounds like I'll have to give it a go then. I tend to install all my games, for the reasons mentioned. Just wasn't sure how having a game with multiple discs would be affected. Though now that I think about it I did do that with one of the Mass Effect games (2 or 3 had 2 discs, right?) and didn't have any issues. I had forgotten about that until the other night when I was going through cleaning out my HDD.