IGNORED

Incognito Production Installation

Stephen

• 7 months later...

Me and a friend installed the Incognito board last week, and so far most things seems to work as they should. However, I am not able to use real cartridges on my 800 after the Incognito install. After reading some of these posts, it looks like I need to use the bios-update.xex file that candle provided. However, I am having trouble flashing my 800 with file. I try to load the bios-update.xex file through SIDE, but after a few seconds of loading, to screen just turns brown, and nothing happens. What to do? :?

Edited by fandenivoldsk

can somebody give me the steps to load bios-update.xex into incognito?

I tried formatting a CF card as FAT32 and placing the file on the root of that card, then enabling SDX and SIDE, but from here, I'm not sure what to do.

Press Atari key + Reset to get to the Bios Screen, then press "L" to bring up the directory :)

I just tried a few old ones, like Qix, Caverns of Mars and Frogger II, but the only thing that shows up at boot is the green SELF TEST screen. I am currently using the XL/XE setting, with stock config and stock OS, and SDX and SIDE turned off.

Are the contacts on the carts clean? If not use a green kitchen pad scrubber to get them nice and shiny...

Getting closer! I now have the same problems as fandenivoldsk. When I select the file and hit enter, it boots, then seems to hang at a gray screen. It does not return to a prompt. Carts still are not seen, but I'm pretty sure that the update isn't taking. Any ideas? I can confirm the rtc holds time properly.

Getting closer! I now have the same problems as fandenivoldsk. When I select the file and hit enter, it boots, then seems to hang at a gray screen. It does not return to a prompt. Carts still are not seen, but I'm pretty sure that the update isn't taking. Any ideas? I can confirm the rtc holds time properly.

Where did you download the bios-update.xex from?

I have not changed the two resistors yet. Are they needed to get the cartridges to work?

From the Incognito Install page:

Additionaly, you may want to replace RD4/RD5 pulldown resistors to something ranging from 1.5k to 2.2kOhms. It will improove compatibility with cartridges, as protection resistors on Incognito board form with original ones voltage divider that may render some carts unusable.