IGNORED

"Possible" Mission

bcprs1

• 4 years later...

Weird label, but enjoy !

This game fixed is really nice, Got my fixed version right here on AA, the bummer of this game is No Evil Otto voice at the beginning or end, and no AHHHH , when you fall into the abyss,

otherwise game play is pretty good.

If you don't have the C64 version this is a nice alternative.

Forgot to mention that I recently purchased a copy of Possible Mission from Good Deal Games: http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari%207800.html

attachicon.gifPossible Mission.JPG

That is the cover art from the 3DS remake. I know this because I own it. It has an enhanced new graphics version (Which is a little easier to play), and an original C64 version on one cart. Pretty cool!

• Like 1

I have Possible Mission on cart but its the normal logo (thank god). People have been making carts of this fixed version for years, so I find it funny that Good Deal Games is making it seem as though their selling it is some kind of exclusive!

Isn't it possible to have Al make a Possible Mission cart if someone asked for it? I have nothing against GDG and in fact have them to thank for the large sponsorships they provided to my convention for the first couple of years, but I thought it was still possible to have one requested here as well?

I have Possible Mission on cart but its the normal logo (thank god). People have been making carts of this fixed version for years, so I find it funny that Good Deal Games is making it seem as though their selling it is some kind of exclusive!

He's using the different label to differentiate between the normal broken retail release and this fixed version being sold. It makes total sense and Michael is far from thinking he's the only guy who is ever going to offer this game. Mind you as far as I know he's the only guy currently offering it to the public in any quantity for many people to buy and not just a one off on special order.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone do an enhanced graphics hack of this yet? The game certainly lacks the polish of the SMS version. But then again, the SMS version came out later and Sega was probably a lot cooler to deal with in the development process. From Arthur's recollection, it sounds like stuff went downhill with Atari Corp after he suggested using a 256Kb SRAM chip...

EDIT: Should've looked at the previous pages but...necrobump...

On a sidenote, did Atari Corp plan to have a version of Impossible Mission made for the XE Game System? The title is definitely missing from the Atari 8-bit library.

Edited by Lynxpro

Personally, I'd like to see people using the graphically updated version, but I'm a little biased.

Too bad it's not in the AA Store, available to purchase with a fancy label, et al. I forget sometimes carts can be made, but you need to supply label art. Unless Al happens to have some on file?

Same with Double Dragon and Rampage... or are those not finished yet? I have the recent double cart from Greece with push button switch to select between the two games, but understand they may NOT be the latest revisions...

Personally, I'd like to see people using the graphically updated version, but I'm a little biased.

Which one from the combo pack? ;) :-D

I have the recent double cart from Greece with push button switch to select between the two games, but understand they may NOT be the latest revisions...

Correct. Double Dragon has publicly seen at least a couple of updates since that cart was made available; lastest posted version, RC7B, is here.

The dual cart release is believed to be from either the RC5 or RC6 cycle.

• Like 2

...Hey - what ever happened to your graphical update of Rampage? The screen shots looked great, but no rom ever got posted. Still working on it?

...Same with Double Dragon and Rampage... or are those not finished yet? I have the recent double cart from Greece with push button switch to select between the two games, but understand they may NOT be the latest revisions...

I had another go at the Rampage character sprites this past summer and did some more work on the selection/intermission graphics. Due to the questions, I decided to go ahead and create a thread for it in the 7800 hacks forum even though I don't have a ROM ready for download yet. I think it's a more fair way to track its progress (or lack thereof) than trying to find references to it in different threads and wondering...

Which one from the combo pack? ;) :-D

Correct. Double Dragon has publicly seen at least a couple of updates since that cart was made available; lastest posted version, RC7B, is here.

Thanks Trebor. I'm very thankful when you step in to clear things up when I'm not around or not able to be very responsive. :)

Oh, and probably the blue one. Although, I have 1/2 the mind to combine that version's player sprite/colors with the head of the C64 one.

• Like 4

Well, hells bells... I'm still happy with my combo cart as both versions blow away the originals. Thank you both for the reply!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...