IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2013

Pixelboy

By the way, if the graphics of the Snowspeeder and the AT-AT seem a little crude, it's because the game uses magnified sprites (32x32 pixels instead of 16x16). This is necessary for the smooth scrolling of the game, but it implies a loss of graphic detail. Believe me, it's something you'll stop noticing pretty quickly, the more you play. :)

In fact on the video you can see a very old version, ATAT details have been improved a little bit since. And you can not see how smooth is the scrolling. It is a pixel by pixel scroll at 60 frame/secondes.

But Luc, in fact the loss of graphic details was not really something necessary for the smooth scrolling. The root cause, it is that the limit of the 32k of Rom (and 1k Ram in fact). (And you know as i love theses limits that make development challenging :) ).

Battle of Hoth looks great! Congrats Youki :)

Thanks, but It does not compare to Your Mecha-8 . It is simply impressive! You know already, i 'm definitly fan of your productions!!!

• Like 3

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

All 75 copies of Princess Quest (i.e. the 40 copies I had prepared before Christmas, and the 35 copies I am going to assemble in January) are now all sold or spoken for under the reminder service.

Since this game comes in silver cartridges, I will have to order more silver cart casings from Moldex. So the situation for Princess Quest is now the same as Thexder: I'll definately make more copies of both games in the future, but I can't say when, because I don't know when Moldex will deliver the casings to me.

Wonder Boy is also getting close to the 75 copies limit, but since I use Activision casings for that game, I can make more copies relatively easely.

• Like 3

I've shipped several orders since January 2nd, but I still have a lot of them to pack up and drop off at the post office.

The good news is that I wrapped enough individual games in bubble wrap this past week-end for 17 different large orders, and I will put all these wrapped games in their proper boxes tonight. After this is done, I will spend the rest of the week going to the post office to ship them off as quickly as I can.

Even better yet, I just bought more bubble wrap and a few more shipping boxes at Staples, and so I'll be able to prepare even more packages right after the current lot of 17 orders has been shipped.

So things are progressing. Not as fast as I would like, but still, I should have almost all orders shipped before next Sunday evening. :)

• Like 1

I've shipped several orders since January 2nd, but I still have a lot of them to pack up and drop off at the post office.

The good news is that I wrapped enough individual games in bubble wrap this past week-end for 17 different large orders, and I will put all these wrapped games in their proper boxes tonight. After this is done, I will spend the rest of the week going to the post office to ship them off as quickly as I can.

Even better yet, I just bought more bubble wrap and a few more shipping boxes at Staples, and so I'll be able to prepare even more packages right after the current lot of 17 orders has been shipped.

So things are progressing. Not as fast as I would like, but still, I should have almost all orders shipped before next Sunday evening. :)

Thanks for the update! Hope mine is one of the next few...

Wow! Got my Zaxxon and Dragons Lair today and I have to say Luc, these might be the two most beautiful boxes you've done yet. Kudos to you sir! :) I can just stare at them while I wait for batch number 2 on the other releases and for the SGM to get sent out so I can play them. :)

Wow! Got my Zaxxon and Dragons Lair today and I have to say Luc, these might be the two most beautiful boxes you've done yet. Kudos to you sir! :) I can just stare at them while I wait for batch number 2 on the other releases and for the SGM to get sent out so I can play them. :)

King's Valley's box art beats them both, IMHO. :)

Mine arrived today, but unfornutatly I was not at home this afternoon. I'll have to go to the post office tomorrow. Anyway, Three of this four games are not playable without SGM. Cant' wait.

Something tell me there's gonna be some added pressure on Eduardo's shoulders, as more and more people receive their Team Pixelboy packages... ;)

Something tell me there's gonna be some added pressure on Eduardo's shoulders, as more and more people receive their Team Pixelboy packages... ;)

Just tell them to get an ADAM Computer so that they can at least play 2 (Dragon's Lair and Zaxxon Super Game) of the 4 four games! The SGM is just an extremely scaled down Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM Logic Board with the addition of a sound chip... but it's "Oh so sexy looking" and I can't wait for Opcode to release it! :P

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 2

Just tell them to get an ADAM Computer so that they can at least play 2 (Dragon's Lair and Zaxxon Super Game) of the 4 four games! The SGM is just an extremely scaled down Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM Logic Board with the addition of a sound chip! :P

Yes, and if I had an extra house to put it in, I'd definitely buy an Adam. :grin:

Yes, and if I had an extra house to put it in, I'd definitely buy an Adam. :grin:

Come on!!! :D

But seriously, all you need is the Stand-Alone ADAM Memory Console with it's built-in ColecoVision and a converted PC Power Supply like the one DJPUBBA sells. You don't need the Printer, Keyboard and for that matter Data Drive. You would then have yourself a very reliable ColecoVision Game System that already has Composite Video Output, doesn't suffer from the blown Octal Buffer controller chip problem, doesn't suffer from the On/Off Power Switch issue and is only a little bigger than a ColecoVision with the brick of a Power Transformer.

You'd even have room under the Memory Console lid to store stuff. ;)

But seriously, all you need is the Stand-Alone ADAM Memory Console with it's built-in ColecoVision and a converted PC Power Supply like the one DJPUBBA sells. You don't need the Printer, Keyboard and for that matter Data Drive. You would then have yourself a very reliable ColecoVision Game System that already has Composite Video Output, doesn't suffer from the blown Octal Buffer controller chip problem, doesn't suffer from the On/Off Power Switch issue and is only a little bigger than a ColecoVision with the brick of a Power Transformer.

I never thought about what you could do if you had a PC-type supply. That's pretty cool.

So's your desk BTW! Went to your site and saw that, and wish I had one like it!

Is DJPUBBA a member on atariage? Cause I found the standalone adam a a flea market, it has no printer, no keyboard, and no cables . So I would need a powersupply and cables. Who or where can I find the cable?

Is DJPUBBA a member on atariage? Cause I found the standalone adam a a flea market, it has no printer, no keyboard, and no cables . So I would need a powersupply and cables. Who or where can I find the cable?

Yes, he's a member here. I haven't seen him post power supplies in a while though.

So's your desk BTW! Went to your site and saw that, and wish I had one like it!

Thanks! I think I spent more time looking for just the right desk for my needs than I did the PC stored in it... and this was before I got back into retrogaming on REAL hardware and not just through emulation. So I ended up being even more pleasantly surprised when the desk provided more than enough room for my CV and then ADAM (sans Printer, but with DJPUBBA's power supply).

Actually, I've always been fanatical about finding the right computer desk since I got my first ADAM Computer back in 1983.