IGNORED

Arcade/MAME HSC Season 5.1: Dig Dug

Ok... This is one machine I do own.

Dig Dug.

One of two games I was considered one of the best.

Pic One: Is my Dig Dug Machine

Pic TWO: My Dig Dug scores

The first score was set in the 80's. 821150 Not sure why I used BO. I think because of a girl.

The next 3 scores were set on Sunday: 683930

The last score is my 13 year old sons score: 177130 if you want to list him he would enjoy that. He said list his name as 'Beaver on the Wood'

So, pick whatever score you think is fair to use as the high score.

post-28484-0-73389600-1357651597_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-27551200-1357651612_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vocelli

Ok... This is one machine I do own.

Dig Dug.

One of two games I was considered one of the best.

Pic One: Is my Dig Dug Machine

Pic TWO: My Dig Dug scores

The first score was set in the 80's. 821150 Not sure why I used BO. I think because of a girl.

The next 3 scores were set on Sunday: 683930

The last score is my 13 year old sons score: 177130 if you want to list him he would enjoy that. He said list his name as 'Beaver on the Wood'

So, pick whatever score you think is fair to use as the high score.

Can't accept the 800K score as it was scored some 30 years ago. :)

The 683, 930 will be the score to beat. Ouch! :)

I'll update the leaderboard later on today.

I would love to participate, but I can not seem to get any dig dugs to work.. I have tried many on two different versions of mame.

Your best bet to getting help would be to let us know what version of MAME you're running. Perhaps someone here would have information on which ROM would work best for your version of MAME.

You could also do some searches for romsets for your particular version of MAME. Like I mentioned in the first post, MAME is becoming more and more particular when it comes to ROMS. If you upgrade your version of MAME, it's possible that games that worked before may not work after the upgrade. Kind of a PITA. :(

Your best bet to getting help would be to let us know what version of MAME you're running. Perhaps someone here would have information on which ROM would work best for your version of MAME.

You could also do some searches for romsets for your particular version of MAME. Like I mentioned in the first post, MAME is becoming more and more particular when it comes to ROMS. If you upgrade your version of MAME, it's possible that games that worked before may not work after the upgrade. Kind of a PITA. :(

I use mainly use 0.136, as that was the current version when I got into mame. I also have the most recent version, but there are roms I can not get to work with either. I have been trying to research the issue, and all I could find was that I needed some namco51 and namco53 zips. I downloaded those, and that didn't help either. I audited digdug to see what I am missing, and this is what it says: digdug : 51xx.bin (1024 bytes) - NOT FOUND

digdug : 53xx.bin (1024 bytes) - NOT FOUND

I thought the namco zips I downloaded had those files, but who knows what I'm doing wrong at this point. I feel completely lost. I just want to play Dig Dug!!

Wow! 16 players so far! This is great! I'm trying my best to keep the scoreboard updated, but anyone spots an error or missed score, please let me know right away and I'll fix it.

Also, the formatting is very strange, which is why sometimes the table is all askew. Not sure why that's happening, but I'll try to keep it as neat as I can. Glad you're all enjoying the week.

And M.A.M.E. Offender/Classicgamer...don't rule me out. I've got some more play in me this week. I'm gonna give you guys a run for your money too. :)