IGNORED

A couple interesting TI-99 ebay auctions.

JamesD

Pretty ugly. The only interesting thing looks to be what they did for what I would assume is to release heat. Pretty sure that I had tons of lockups as a kid due to heat right below the cartridge... But it was just a guess. Swapping in the grey keyboard is not an improvement in my mind... And brushed aluminum is way prettier than woodgrain.

• Like 1

I actually have a number of additional items modified in the same fashion (and by the same German that did the ones you see for sale in these auctions). He made three of those six-slot boxes, each of which puts a cartridge board into the box (without the case). Then you just take the specially modified cartridge with a reset switch and a cable and connect to the cartridge you want to use. It is a very good mechanical connection. The console with the side mod can also be used with a direct cable to the cartridges in the box, for single cartrifges (like the MiniMemory he shows here), or with an odd two-cartridge modification that I have that puts Triton's SEB and a Wiesbaden Supermodul inside (switchable). They are pretty neat from a bizarre hardware standpoint.

Pretty ugly. The only interesting thing looks to be what they did for what I would assume is to release heat. Pretty sure that I had tons of lockups as a kid due to heat right below the cartridge... But it was just a guess. Swapping in the grey keyboard is not an improvement in my mind... And brushed aluminum is way prettier than woodgrain.

Totally agree. Yack! Way to wreck the best looking console produced by any manufacturer in the 80's!

Woodgrain? WTF???!!!!