IGNORED

Multiplayer Wireless Gamepads?

F4LL3N

Hi all,

I have seen a lot of 2-player wireless controller setups for the megadrive but is it possible to do this for 4 players? I was hoping there would be a receiver that would work with the multi tap or some other way round it. I have the megadrive 1 if that makes any difference.

Many thanks all =)

Anyone able to help with this? My second controller is a bit buggered and if I am going to get another controller I'd rather get a wireless solution that would work with 4. If this is not possible I will just get a couple more extension leads and normal controllers. Many thanks :)

I don't think it will work, though I'm not 100% sure.

But I would not really advise you to get a wireless MD controller anyway. Those are old infrared devices, much like antiquated remote controls; you need to point the controller pretty straight at the MD to work, it's not like modern day wireless controllers. Chances are high you and your friends will get frustrated often when an input is not received due to holding the controller in an odd angle for a moment.

I think extension cables are the better way to go.

I don't think it will work, though I'm not 100% sure.

But I would not really advise you to get a wireless MD controller anyway. Those are old infrared devices, much like antiquated remote controls; you need to point the controller pretty straight at the MD to work, it's not like modern day wireless controllers. Chances are high you and your friends will get frustrated often when an input is not received due to holding the controller in an odd angle for a moment.

I think extension cables are the better way to go.

Fair enough, I appreciate the response, many thanks :) will see if anyone else has any ideas and if not I'll keep to the wired route ! :)

That's a good point. Could be an option but otherwise extension cables it is!

Ha. Wasn't even the point I intended to make but extension cables is a good idear in itself. No, sorry. I was thinking of my own wireless adapter. It's all in one block with two connectors. I'd have to buy extension cables to connect my wireless adapter properly with a multi-tap. :)

Ha. Wasn't even the point I intended to make but extension cables is a good idear in itself. No, sorry. I was thinking of my own wireless adapter. It's all in one block with two connectors. I'd have to buy extension cables to connect my wireless adapter properly with a multi-tap. :)

Ahhh well I already have 2 extension cables - which are multi-use as I can use them for the 2600 as well. The ones I got weren't cheap though, £13 each from Sweden or something? Does anyone know any alternatives?

Ahhh well I already have 2 extension cables - which are multi-use as I can use them for the 2600 as well. The ones I got weren't cheap though, £13 each from Sweden or something? Does anyone know any alternatives?

As far as I know it's a standard db9 cable. Perhaps serial port extension cords will do? You may have to "mod" the ends to fit well.