IGNORED

Retrospect's Bar X ... ultimate edition!

Retrospect

RETROX.zip

post-34058-0-03552500-1359198774_thumb.png

Press key 5 to insert coin

Press key C to collect winning coins (usually when your 'cash' runs out)

Press 5 to spin reels.

Nudge feature, press keys 1, 2, & 3 ... you get 3 nudges use them wisely

If winning coins are still in box when cash runs out, sound emits (in which case you have to HOLD key C down, not just press)

I spent at least 2 hours on youtube listening to the sounds, and I am proud to say I have faithfully recreated all the sound effects of a genuine Bar X bandit machine ... you're gonna love this one. I went to painstaking efforts to recreate all the sound, and got the graphics pretty spot on too.

There's even a slight shadow behind the X's on the reel-spinners, just like on the arcade version. (sprites were used for this)

This is what I do best, fruit machines. Love em.

NOTE: This is an update to an earlier Bar-X game I made some months ago, but it is final, and it is awesomely better. :)

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 2

Very nice. Nice soundeffects, and I like the extended nudge effect. :)

I've just seen my son playing it , he got $205 before I had to take him off it to get to the computer! (he probably used $500 cash to get that amount hehe )

I've gone to town on an old revision of Bar - X and basically got it to work exactly as the original one did back in the early nineties.

The only thing I left out was the HOLD feature because I had 1.5K of memory left .... I think if I tidy up some routines I will have enough to implement this feature.