IGNORED

Super Game Cartridge

opcode

Very flexible bank-switch capable cartridge. Support 1Mbit to 8Mbit ROMs. 2 possible configurations, 4 programmable banks (up to 2Mbit ROMs), or 3 programmables banks and 1 fixed (up to 8Mbit). Support 1kbit to 1Mbit (128 bytes to 128kbytes) save memory.

Games using the Super Game Cartridge will be assembled in China.

Planned games:

- Donkey Kong

- Pengo

- Donkey Kong Jr

- Space Invaders Collection 10th Anniversary

- Gradius

- Penguin Adventure

Also available for games developed but not published by Opcode Games.

• Like 6

Maze of Galious is listed on the Opcode Games web site, but not in the list above... Hmm... ;)

But anyway, I find it interesting that the available bankswitching schemes make porting MSX MegaROM games easier. So you got MegaROMs covered with the Super Game Cartridge, and the MSX sound output covered with the SGM, so porting a MegaROM MSX game is only a matter of tweaking the joystick input routines, plus probably a few other minor things?

Realy that simple?

That's what opcode said in another thread: The Super Game Cartridge can better accomodate MSX MegaROM games than the older CV MegaCart. Of course, there's the matter of the MSX BIOS routines which the CV doesn't have natively, so that may complicate the porting job a little, but aside from that, I'm not seing a lot of possible issues with porting MegaROM games. And that's definately good news. :)

Maze of Galious is listed on the Opcode Games web site, but not in the list above... Hmm... ;)

But anyway, I find it interesting that the available bankswitching schemes make porting MSX MegaROM games easier. So you got MegaROMs covered with the Super Game Cartridge, and the MSX sound output covered with the SGM, so porting a MegaROM MSX game is only a matter of tweaking the joystick input routines, plus probably a few other minor things?

And of course adjust 128KB of code, like pointers, data blocks, variables....

That's what opcode said in another thread: The Super Game Cartridge can better accomodate MSX MegaROM games than the older CV MegaCart. Of course, there's the matter of the MSX BIOS routines which the CV doesn't have natively, so that may complicate the porting job a little, but aside from that, I'm not seing a lot of possible issues with porting MegaROM games. And that's definately good news. :)

That is why we can replace the BIOS with the SGM. We are covered...

Hmm. Who's doing Rally-X now?

I am. It just isn't in my immediate to do list. I am trying to complete as many games as possible at the shortest period of time, so I am sticking to certain arcade platforms I am already familiar with.

My most probably sequence for releases is:

- DK,SIC (2013)

- Pengo,DK Jr (2014)

- Dig-Dug, PMC (2015)

Then I have a few more options:

- Popeye

- Galaga

- Kangaroo

- Arkanoid

- Possible Mr Do! and Lady Bug remakes?

Then I would be out of options for games with static screen, so I will need to move to games with scroll, as per my full list as you will be able to check by yourself later this year.

I am. It just isn't in my immediate to do list. I am trying to complete as many games as possible at the shortest period of time, so I am sticking to certain arcade platforms I am already familiar with.

My most probably sequence for releases is:

- DK,SIC (2013)

- Pengo,DK Jr (2014)

- Dig-Dug, PMC (2015)

Then I have a few more options:

- Popeye

- Galaga

- Kangaroo

- Arkanoid

- Possible Mr Do! and Lady Bug remakes?

Then I would be out of options for games with static screen, so I will need to move to games with scroll, as per my full list as you will be able to check by yourself later this year.

Ah, OK. Thanks for the clarification.

So since these games will be assembled in China, I would also like to predict a sudden increase in the popularity of ColecoVision in China.

Very flexible bank-switch capable cartridge. Support 1Mbit to 8Mbit ROMs. 2 possible configurations, 4 programmable banks (up to 2Mbit ROMs), or 3 programmables banks and 1 fixed (up to 8Mbit). Support 1kbit to 1Mbit (128 bytes to 128kbytes) save memory.

Games using the Super Game Cartridge will be assembled in China.

Planned games:

- Donkey Kong

- Pengo

- Donkey Kong Jr

- Space Invaders Collection 10th Anniversary

- Gradius

- Penguin Adventure

Also available for games developed but not published by Opcode Games.

I don't know for sure...I seem to remember though at one time in the past that China or one of those other countries was accused of importing Playstations or Nintendos because their circuit boards could be used in missile guidance systems...

In fact.... http://www.abc.net.au/pm/stories/s119754.htm

I would hate to get nuked because of Opcode's Pengo cartridge <grin>....

Aren't video games banned in China?

I know that Opcode said that "collections" take forever to finish (because there are basically three games to code for instead of one), but I would really like to see Galaga in a collection format. i.e. Galaxian, Galaga, and Gaplus.

Can or does the AtariSoft version of Galaxian need any further improvement? ;) But you are right, that would be a nice collection of games to have on one cart and Opcode'ized.