IGNORED

D2K Arcade Competition - Pic Submission Thread

Seems like there will barely be enough people to win all of the patches, although I suspect that there will be a ton of peeps fighting in the 10,000 to 15,000 range at the last minute. Beating that Triple Elevators level is a tough hurdle to overcome. I was expecting the last (Rivets?) level to be hard, but I flew through it. Then I start over at the first level and I'm like, "this should be a breeze". I run for it and the damn fireball splits in two and immediately takes me out! I have a feeling I'm not going to get much higher than 28,400 :P

OK, so I'm playing D2K and having the game of my life :-D Game's paused, but I just moved into 3rd? place on the leaderboard. I'm on the 3rd round of levels and all of a sudden I get this new map and I'm like whaaat?

D2K HSC 60,600

I'm afraid to play the damn thing! I have one life left and I know I'm going to die instantly. I'm going to try to find a game play video so a flaming pie doesn't hit me in the face. :-o

Feel free to give advice on how to approach this new beast :?

Great scores guys! my best score so far is 3100! yes thats right 3100.. sad I know. :)

Hey, submit your score anyway. I originally had that rule of no score under the 7600 factory set score built in the game. I only put that in case i would of ran out of patches, but i see i will have plenty now.

Let me just say that this video is absolutely breathtaking! You're the best D2K player I have ever seen.

And I really, really enjoy this kind of thing and and for me, anyway, is the "reward" part of all these years of hard work… To see someone actually take the time to really get the game and become good at it (even better, than frankly, then I am).

Thanks a lot for posting. And I love that there is no longer a "disappearing objects" problem. Either YouTube has started to allow 60 FPS video order some sort of image preprocessing that combining the frames in an effective way.

It's seeing this kind of thing that makes me think I should get to work on D3K… :-)

Carl

PS Congratulations on mastering the fireballs' patterns on the Refinery. I don't think I've ever seen anyone who figured that out before. Definitely essential for clearing this board reliably.

http://youtu.be/nuqAc12_pNA

I watched my video and I think it isn't the best strategy. ;)

I take too much risk but usually I die in simple jumps and I enjoy taking risks.

It's funny in the begining I said Mario was the weaker player...

• Like 1