IGNORED

D2K Arcade Competition - Pic Submission Thread

Let me just say that this video is absolutely breathtaking! You're the best D2K player I have ever seen.

And I really, really enjoy this kind of thing and and for me, anyway, is the "reward" part of all these years of hard work… To see someone actually take the time to really get the game and become good at it (even better, than frankly, then I am).

Thanks a lot for posting. And I love that there is no longer a "disappearing objects" problem. Either YouTube has started to allow 60 FPS video order some sort of image preprocessing that combining the frames in an effective way.

It's seeing this kind of thing that makes me think I should get to work on D3K… :-)

Carl

PS Congratulations on mastering the fireballs' patterns on the Refinery. I don't think I've ever seen anyone who figured that out before. Definitely essential for clearing this board reliably.

Thank you!

Actually I can say almost the same.

Let me just say that this game is absolutely breathtaking! You made the best DK I have ever played.

And I really, really enjoy this kind of thing and and for me, anyway, is the "reward" part of all these years of playing fun… To see someone actually take the time to really get the game and make it great (even better, than frankly, then Nintendo's).

Thanks a lot for programming. And I love that there is no longer a "disappearing objects" problem. Either you put a secret code to especial FPS video order some sort of image preprocessing that combining the frames in an effective way.

It's seeing this kind of thing that makes me think I should get to play on D3K… :-)

Hey, submit your score anyway. I originally had that rule of no score under the 7600 factory set score built in the game. I only put that in case i would of ran out of patches, but i see i will have plenty now.

Thanks Rev! I played a little more tonight and finally got past the threshold score.

post-21805-0-46926600-1361842414_thumb.jpg

** SPOILER ALERT **

On the Refinery screen, the flame that guards the left tower, and the one below the right tower have very specific patterns when it comes to boarding ladders (going up or down them).

The one on the left follows a clockwise circuit, the one on the right follows a counter-clockwise one. This means that you can stand above or below ladders and be confident that you'll never be pursued in that direction. Even the third flame that is introduced (I think on level 2) has a specific behavior.

Watch Liduario's video, above, to see how he handles it!

One of the fun things you can do is to turn a safety valve and trap a fireball on one side (since he will not be able to go up or down the ladder on that side).

Believe me, it helps. :-)

• Like 3

Oh, the prices have decreased.

Actually, it only appears that way. If you look at the rules on the submission page they havent changed. It was always the top 5 that get all the goodies. What happenned was as i was adding more people i just added a 'line' and didnt edit the prize secstion ad it moved on down. Sorry if i got anyones hopes up. I am guessing you wanted some buttons? ;-). I may just add those to the top ten, they are easy and cheap to make. Cool?

Actually, it only appears that way. If you look at the rules on the submission page they havent changed. It was always the top 5 that get all the goodies. What happenned was as i was adding more people i just added a 'line' and didnt edit the prize secstion ad it moved on down. Sorry if i got anyones hopes up. I am guessing you wanted some buttons? ;-). I may just add those to the top ten, they are easy and cheap to make. Cool?

Buttons buttons buttons, i want buttons. ;)

Master one screen only to get crushed by the next ... but a better score last night! Great game!

And, Carl, very evil of you to put us right by the electric ball at the start on the Refinery. My first instinct is always to start moving ... ugh. I don't know how many stupid lives I've spent not remembering to let the electric ball pass first. Duh ...

post-31049-0-22452200-1361884277_thumb.jpg