IGNORED

D2K Arcade Competition - Pic Submission Thread

Actually Liduario, Karima has not saved Pauline yet. As I mentioned before she has been developing her own techniques. She plays with Bruno and loves to pick up the hammer and unleash the fury of the gods. She discovered that she can collect many points in stage number 3 (Classic DK stage 1) by picking up the hammer and chasing after the barrels (BTW Bruno can climb the stairs with the hammer). She collects as many points as she can by smashing and jumping barrels, often dying in the process because it gets tough. Then if time runs out, she retries the stage. Finally, with her last lives she tries to advance as much as she can.

Instead of getting the clock bonus, she gets the barrel smashing bonuses. A little bit unorthodox but fun and thinking out of the box. Not bad for someone who is relatively new to INTV and pre-NES gaming…

Karima has already been much further than stage 3, but she finds it difficult to increase her score considerably in the other stages (except perhaps in the stage where you save Pauline). The game is very challenging from the start and she is simply finding her own way of having fun with it (while getting a decent score). Of course, with this technique you will never get to the levels of Carl Jr. Jr. or Liduario unless you are an excellent player and you can finish the rest of the game with one life.

I think that Karima has discovered that the maximum points for a D2K round could be way more than 25k. Just as Liduario, I used to think that every round would bring only 25k maximum. It would be interesting to know what the maximum to get in the first round is. We need cParsley to write his thesis about D2K :)

Edited by Oscar G.

I agree, I think I'm still in the top 5, but I suppose I'm going to have to keep playing to secure my spot. Can we say for sure that Monday night is the final night? I can't handle the stress :-D Must win buttons!!!

So, I have the rest of the night off. I have 2 Jumbo Margaritas in me and a bottle of Orchata (Cinnamon Cream Rum) ready and waiting. It's D2K time. If I get drunk enough, maybe some videos ;) Either way, I'm breaking 70,000 points tonight.

• Like 1

58,200. That screen is wicked ...

I think that has me in sixth ... blast it all. Not sure if I'll have time to play tomorrow night or not ...

Great scores, everyone, especially Liduardo ... fantastic score!

post-31049-0-56862200-1362367144_thumb.jpgpost-31049-0-19933800-1362367278_thumb.jpg

• Like 1