IGNORED

Arcade/MAME HSC Season 5.5: Mr. Do's Castle

Deteacher

38,320 + diamond

Looks like the diamond always appear on the fist game, or after a reset (F3)

Below are two more instances were the diamond appeared but I was not able to get it.

I wonder how many kids would be back there unplugging and replugging the machine in the arcades back in the day just to get the diamond.

• Like 1

Kind of like Burgertime, you miss out on tons of potential points if you don't set up some good drops. I actually managed to finish the first screen with over 25k, which is pretty good considering you can end up with as little as 5-6k if you don't work it. The game gets difficult quite quickly so scoring high on the earliest boards is probably the best bet for most of us here.

One other thing I have found helps with survival is to make sure you take full advantage of those skull bridge things that can drop several enemies at once. I think pretty much every level has at least one skull bridge, but in particular you want to look for the ones that give you the opportunity to force enemies to enter it from a particular side. Usually, this will be a platform that has a fixed ladder on one side, and one of the pushable ladders on the other. Push the one ladder away, knock out the skull closest to the other ladder, and clear out the cherry blocks in between. Then, you can wait as the baddies are forced (hopefully in a small group) to walk up the fixed ladder and into the holes you left. Once you've got a few of them trapped, drop the hammer on the other skull. Getting to this strategy immediately upon starting a level helps because it thins out the herd of enemies right off the bat, which makes it easier to grab the keys and shield without getting trapped.