IGNORED

Faster server coming soon!

Albert

Weird. I got an immediate notification for your post, but none for this post.

Can you make sure you are subscribed to that thread? The mail server certainly should not be discriminating against emails generated from the forum. I've been getting the same volume of emails from the site that I would normally get (and this includes other aspects of the site, not just the forum), so it all appears to be operating fine on my end. That's not to say something's wrong, but at first glance I don't see anything obviously wrong.

..Al

Can you make sure you are subscribed to that thread?

That was the first thing I checked. :)

I now got the notification for the next mail in the thread, so I suppose it is working now and just some notifications (I also missed a PM notification) got lost.

Congrats on getting the new server online. Are blog fixes coming soon then?

First I need to upgrade the forum software to 3.4.3. I'm going to do a test upgrade in a development environment later today (at least, that's the plan). Assuming that goes well, I'll then upgrade the software on the production site once 3.4.3 is released for production environments (right now it's in beta). I expect to see this release sometime next week. After that, I will start going through those fixes.

..Al

I now got the notification for the next mail in the thread, so I suppose it is working now and just some notifications (I also missed a PM notification) got lost.

Let me know in a few days if email continues to go missing. I haven't seen any (obvious) missing emails on my end yet, and again, I get a ton of them (from the store, from the main site, from forum user registrations, etc.), and it's pretty obvious when emails go missing. I can look through the mail server logs to see if it's having a problem delivering any messages to your email address.

..Al

In case you don't know, a little after 10 p.m. eastern time tonight, the AtariAge forums weren't loading, then were sluggish. If you're not working on the site right now (and causing the slowdown yourself by updating something), you might be having a problem.

In case you don't know, a little after 10 p.m. eastern time tonight, the AtariAge forums weren't loading, then were sluggish. If you're not working on the site right now (and causing the slowdown yourself by updating something), you might be having a problem.

Yep, noticed the same thing here too about the same time as RT.

I was away from the computer at that time, so I definitely wasn't doing anything to cause a slowdown. Unfortunately, that also means I didn't experience the problem and therefore didn't dig to see what was going on. It's possible that some daily task was running at that time, I'll have to look and see when various tasks are scheduled.

Today has been really slow on my computer

The new server has generally been very fast for me compared to the old one, so with a statement such as "Today has been really slow", I think there's some other issue than the site being slow, such as slow DNS (although this should be cached on your end) or some slow network hops between your internet and AtariAge.

..Al

Very strange, I have yet to see a page take more than a few seconds (at most) to load, and most come up very quickly. I don't see anything unusual on the server--the load is low, and no obvious problems in the logs. I did just now restart the database server so slow queries will be properly logged, but my guess is that's not the issue either (although you never know). There is a process that runs every 15 minutes to update the search indices, but that runs very quickly and I doubt that would cause the problem.

Can you be more specific as to how the site is slow? Are there specific pages that are taking a long time to load, or is every page slow?

Please do continue to report these issues. I just turned on a debug mode that displays some information at the bottom of the page. If a page takes a long time to load, please copy that information and send it to me. The line looks like this:

Time Now: Feb 26 2013 12:27 AM Last Visit: Yesterday, 11:00 PM Exec. Time: 0.4955 Load: 0.41 Queries: 15 queries Gzip: GZIP Enabled

Thanks,

..Al

Sometimes slow again now, the pages seem to load in intervals. Some pages come up immediately, some take several intervals.

This one took > 30 seconds, but it doesn't show. DNS problems?

Time Now: Feb 26 2013 7:56 AM Last Visit: Yesterday, 11:40 PM Exec. Time: 0.3921 Load: 0.65 Queries: 17 queries Gzip: GZIP

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Time Now: Feb 26 2013 3:21 AM Last Visit: Today, 12:19 AM Exec. Time: 0.2907 Load: 0.47 Queries: 10 queries Gzip: GZIP

I just went to visit the batari Basic forum and the screen was blank for what seemed like a full minute and the little icon in my Firefox tab kept spinning, then the page finally loaded. It was like AtariAge didn't exist for a minute there.