IGNORED

Season 6 Round 13 - Fathom

Thanx jblenkle. I have the bluemsx and the fathom game file. I still can't get the game to play, I get to the screen with color auto goto list and run but can't get anywhere from there. This is all new to me, I just wanna play the darn game, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

Can't help you much there...I rarely use BlueMSX.

Thanx jblenkle. I have the bluemsx and the fathom game file. I still can't get the game to play, I get to the screen with color auto goto list and run but can't get anywhere from there. This is all new to me, I just wanna play the darn game, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

From what I recall about getting the ColecoVision to run under BlueMSX is that you need to go to this dialog. You get there by going to file menu and selecting Options --> Emulation . For MSX machine you will want to select COL - Colecovision.

post-30275-0-17016000-1361320424_thumb.png

Then to run a game select File --> Cart Slot 1 and select the game you would like to play. It appears that BlueMSX accepts zip images if you happen to have the game zipped up. After selecting the game it should just run like if you turned the system on.

Not sure of what the default control scheme is and you may want to configure that to use a joystick if available on your system. The key mappings can be found here..... Tools --> Input Editor

post-30275-0-37802100-1361320964_thumb.png

To map controller values click on the item on the controller and then assign the key or controller input as desired. This should get you set up and hope it helps.

• Like 2

7100 Ran out of time looking for trident piece in level 6. Dam shark got me and I lost the compass. Level 4 compass is left past the volcano one screen, then up 2 screens. Level 5 compass is underwater down and to the right, 2 yellow seahorses and a jellyfish in small chamber. To the right past the volcano 1 screen, then up 3 screens for the compass in level 6.

post-34612-0-33519500-1361398217_thumb.jpg

8,404 The compass for level 7 can be found underwater, down and to the bottom right. There are 2 small chambers on the rightside, each with a single seahose, the bottom one has the compass. The shark appears underwater more often on any screen, especially after collecting a seahose. Same for the white stork looking bird above water, after collecting a cloud in the sky, he appears immediatelty after. Be ready for both.

post-34612-0-74837900-1361409160_thumb.jpg

This game is getting frustrating...has anyone else had both their trident and Neptina disappear off the shipwreck screen for no apparent reason? It's happened to me several times now.

Beware of "Jaws" on the octopus screen, as he will 'eat' Neptina right off of the bow on a pass by....then its game over since I haven't found a way to get her back :?

Also, the Pelican can steal your compass making you have to go back and get it===frustrating! I haven't lost the Trident yet..so far.

Ah, is that what's happening? I've seen him swim by on the bottom of the screen, but I didn't connect the two. Both Neptina and the Trident disappear for me. I figured if I go re-collect the Trident I could come down again, but I always run out of energy before I even make it back to the surface.

I think this game is buggy as heck...too many weird things happen...

Beware of "Jaws" on the octopus screen, as he will 'eat' Neptina right off of the bow on a pass by....then its game over since I haven't found a way to get her back :?

Also, the Pelican can steal your compass making you have to go back and get it===frustrating! I haven't lost the Trident yet..so far.

Edited by jblenkle

Geez - reading thru this thread has made me happy that even tho I have the cart and recently got my fixed system back from Todd (Yurkie) that I haven't played this game. Sounds like it - well sucks! ;-)

Which reminds me - has decathalon ever been done in the high score club? 10 events, ten rounds or 10 events in 2 (maybe pushed to 4) weeks, decathalon champ is ??? I think this would be interesting...

Has Dam busters ever been done (actually - I played this for YEARS and could never do well at it... would like ti see the video of that...)?

Things I Learned About Fathom

1. The instruction manual isn't very instructive.

2. There are bugs in this game!!! All of these happened while using an emulator.

a. There is a scoring bug that happened to me twice. I don't know exactly what triggers it, but both

times it happened I was completing Level 2. It may have to do with freeing Neptina at the same

instance the Octopus grabs you. It causes the score to rapidly count upwards. The second time it

happened I figured I'd let it continue to see what happened when it hit 99,999, but oddly enough it

stopped at 67,930. In this case "rapidly" is a relative term. It took about 15 minutes to reach 67,930.

post-9212-0-77079400-1361649372_thumb.png

You can continue playing the game even while the scoring counter is moving. I did this the first time it happened. The scoring counter resumed normal operation as soon as I collected some legitimate points.

b. On some occasions grabbing the last few yellow clouds or seahorses before they turn grey and black respectively deducts energy from your counter rather than adding it.

c. On some instances your game ends even though your energy meter still has power on it. My game

ended even though the counter still showed 9.

d. In one instance I lost my trident and Neptina due to the shark. I still had a lot on my energy meter so I just ran into the Octopus to let him drain me and walked away from my computer for a few moments. When I came back, I was still in the clutches of the octopus and my meter read zero...but the game didn't end. I struggled out of the Octopus' grasp, returned to the surface, re-collected the trident, and came back down and rescued Neptina. The game continued normally after that.

3. I hate the frickin' shark!!!