IGNORED

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

cimerians

I've been hearing that it's a really good game, and that it's essentially a crime that Sony's letting such a good game die in sales thanks to nearly nonexistent promotion, but I haven't bought it myself. My gaming budget is already maxed out lately (thanks a lot, imports), and this wasn't on my "buy soon" radar before due to my general lack of interest in platformers; I suck at them.

I wouldn't consider myself a Sly fan, but I've played a little bit of the HD remake of the first game in the series and enjoyed it. Since I typically don't like platformers, that's already a very good sign. :)

Do you have a PSV? The interactivity between the PSV and PS3 versions of the game is pretty interesting, where you can use the PSV as something like X-ray vision for locating collectible objects in the PS3 game screen.

onmode-ky

Do you have a PSV? The interactivity between the PSV and PS3 versions of the game is pretty interesting, where you can use the PSV as something like X-ray vision for locating collectible objects in the PS3 game screen.

Nope but I kind of wish I had a Vita. With all the free games I'm getting as a Plus user I have a bunch of free Vita games including this game which is a "cross-play" title.

I hear ya about Sly. It's too bad there isn't more promotions going on, plus its only 40 bucks on day one. I love the way they included the manual. Its not in the case but when you put the game in the PS3 a small icon comes up that says "Install manual". Once you install it you can always read it from your PS3's XMB and its a completely interactive manual. Really sweet.

I love the way they included the manual. Its not in the case but when you put the game in the PS3 a small icon comes up that says "Install manual". Once you install it you can always read it from your PS3's XMB and its a completely interactive manual. Really sweet.

Do you mean the manual can actually be opened up while you're playing the game? And I'm curious about what you mean by "completely interactive." How is a manual interactive?

When I put the Wonderbook: Book of Spells disc into my PS3, it had an extra icon, for installing a software manual, appear on the XMB under the game's own icon (is that how Sly does it, too?). I installed and ran it, but I didn't try to see if it could be opened while the game was running. Don't have the disc at hand to test, either. But, the only interactivity in that manual was the standard reading text and turning pages.

I'd still rather have a paper manual, preferably color. And with details, not just the most basic controls.

onmode-ky

No not while your playing at least I haven't found an option for that. I exaggerated the completely interactive part but you can DO things in it. For example while reading it and you see a map you can hit X on the controller to get a full screen view of the map. You can use the controller to zoom in, display hints and so forth. Its interactive in a sense where you can use the controller to get more info on things. Its not much but its really well done. If company's get rid of manuals (I love manuals too) then I hope they do it like this rather than a stupid scan of a PDF or something.