IGNORED

Vintage Computer Festival Southeast April 20&21, Atlanta, GA

Subby

Announcing the First Ever Vintage Computer Festival Southeast

The original Vintage Computer Festival was founded by Sellam Ismail and held in Pleasanton, California during October, 1997. Now, finally, the southeast region of the US gets its very own!

ROSWELL, Georgia – February 4, 2013 – Vintage Computer Festival Southeast – a public celebration of computer history and nostalgia – will be held on Saturday & Sunday, April 20 & 21. Our mission remains the same as that very first show:

The main mission of the Vintage Computer Festival is to promote the preservation of "obsolete" computers by offering attendees a chance to experience the technologies, people and stories that embody the remarkable tale of the computer revolution.

We will educate and entertain!

- A large premier exhibit will welcome each attendee as they enter the festival - The Apple Pop-Up Museum which tells the story of how a small start-up company, founded in a garage by two young friends, became the leading consumer electronics and personal computer company in the world. The exhibit displays an exclusive collection of game-changing Apple personal computers and consumer electronic products while presenting the history of the company since its founding in 1976 to the present. An Apple I, the first disk ][ and controller card, original apple ][, original Lisa and even a Xerox Alto are among the rare artifacts to be displayed, plus much, much more.

Within the 6,000 square feet of display space that this premier exhibit occupies will be the following rooms: Pre-Apple Room, Apple I Room, apple ][ Room, Turmoil Years Room, No Founders Left Room, Jobs’ Come Back Room, Ive’s Colors Room, iPod / iPhone / iPad Room, The Timeline Lounge and Apple’s Present to the Future Room.

- Dozens of exhibitors will be present from all over the region, plus many from other parts of the country. A large variety of historic computers will be represented in the exhibit hall for live demonstrations by their owners.

- A vintage game station will be available for children and adults to play classic games on classic computer and game console systems.

- Two retrocomputing kit building classes will be held, plus continual, inexpensive introduction to soldering classes.

- Many luminous speakers and special presenters are now being scheduled.

The VCFSE is hosted and produced by the Computer Museum of America and the Atlanta Historical Computing Society.

One-day adult tickets to the VCFSE are $10, with a two-day pass for $15. Children ages 17 and younger are admitted free when accompanied by a parent or guardian. For hours, location, and other details, please visit vintage.org/2013/southeast

David Greelish, Director, Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 1.0

david@classiccomputing.com | 770-733-6702

Several speakers have been announced including the keynote.

The keynote speaker will be non-other than Robert Tinney, the artist of over 100 Byte Magazine covers.

And just announced will be Kevin Savetz, author of Terrible Nerd (everybody here probably knows who he is anyway. :) )

And in checking the spelling of Kevin's name I see that another speaker has been announced! (Nobody ever tells me anything around here.)

Carl Helmers, the first editor of Byte Magazine will be speaking, and then he will be joined by Robert Tinney.

And don't be alarmed by the Apple heavy press-release, that was written for the general media press, most of who don't even know what a microcomputer is.

The other half of the building will be a standard vintage computer show.

If you want more info contact me here, or at

Brad Arnold

President & Cofounder Atlanta Historical Computing Society

http://www.ATLHCS.org

BEArnold -AT- Outlook.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well come on down! (Is this the Price Is Right?)

VCFSE is April 20 &21, and the regular meetings of the Atlanta Historical Computing Society are the third weekend of every month.

We've got guys coming from Augusta and Birmingham, every month so come and represent TN.

And as far as gaming is concerned, I've been toying with doing something on the "opposite" weekend of the regular meeting with retro gaming.

And if you want to display at VCFSE we still have tables available. And if you want to provide a videogame setup for the show I'm sure we can work something out to say thanks.

More info at these links.

http://www.ATLHCS.org

http://Vintage.org/2013/southeast

S

• 2 weeks later...

19 days until VCFSE in Atlanta.

(No, I will not be doing a daily countdown.)

If you want to display or sell, there is still time to sign up.

http://Vintage.org/2013/southeast

There are going to be several very interesting speakers, including Kevin Savetz.

If you are within driving distance please come out and say hi!

And remember, while this Apple Pop-Up Museum thing normally ain't my cup of tea, it will bring in a lot of people who wouldn't usually see our computers on display.