IGNORED

KO #2 - Round #3 - He-Man, Masters of the Universe

cparsley

It's previous turn on the HSC proved that Intellivision is better than Atari, starting that series, but now it's time to see who really has the power!

Scores will be accepted from now until Sunday, March 3rd, 2013 at 12 noon central time.

Starting level is up to you...

Current score leaderboard: * Bold = Eliminated/Sent to Redemption Island *

1. Oscar G - 816,500
  2. cparsley - 771,700
  3. Liduario - 582,200
  4. skosh - 534,550
  5. WispFollower - 386,450
  6. JacobZu7zu7 - 316,850
  7. jblenkle - 286,350
  8. patbb - 284,150
  9. darthkur - 227,700
  10. Darrin9999 - 0

BONUS TEASER - Eliminatied players, take heart... all is not lost... You have a chance to return to the game... From this point forward, a "redemption island" if you will is in place. The first round of that will run in concurrence with this round... At a random point, the player still alive there will rejoin the knock out tournament!

Edited by cparsley

He-Man... I love the music of this game!

I find it very cool that the main theme is split along the different running stages as if it the music is telling the story of the game.

When I was young, I would simply put the He-Man cart in between my playing session just to hear the music and then move on to another game.

Good luck to everyone!

ANY LEVEL IS VALID TO PLAY (Practice just means you get the red fireballs for trip 1, light yellow on 2, light green on 3, dark green on 4 etc)

Playing on "Practice" does NOT keep the game at that level for the entire game.

Gotcha! :)

Skeletor is pretty light on his feet. I can see why he doesn't use a vehicle to get to He-man, but does he think running around under the ship will intimidate him into crashing? Maybe he just wants to watch him crash into all the fireballs from a close angle?

post-33964-0-34744600-1362101856_thumb.png

Man, it looks like had I not been kicked out for missing out on Centipede, I could have p0wned this round... kinda. (Oscar, you'da man!)

I really like this game--it is very responsive to the controls and fast-paced. It shows you that the Intellivision was indeed a great machine for its time, when games take advantage of the hardware.

I still say that rewriting any of the games from the old days to be more precise in their controller scanning and to run at 60 Hz instead of 20Hz, would invariably make them much, much better. :)

dZ.