IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

One question: Since these carts are intended to reuse Mattel shells, will Rocketeer and the other planned games include replacement labels for the shell and will they include an manual (either in printed form or in the form of a printable PDF)?

And no, this is not an invitation to stoke the box/overlays discussion again.

Thanks!

One question: Since these carts are intended to reuse Mattel shells, will Rocketeer and the other planned games include replacement labels for the shell and will they include an manual (either in printed form or in the form of a printable PDF)?

Both Rocketeer and Mars Minis will come with a new end label already in place on the cart and no manual.

• Like 1

One of the rare moments when its an advantage to be a european Intellivision collector. Since the eJag Fest is just about 220km away from my home I probably can visit it and play Rocketeer (and some other games), as well as I see the multi cart. Hopefully I dont have to work both days, but I guess it should be possible to get one free day for that event.

Both Rocketeer and Mars Minis will come with a new end label already in place on the cart and no manual.

Any chance of eventually releasing a manual pdf so we can print our own? Wouldn't have to be immediately, but would be cool if eventually released down the road. If not, I'd probably try my hand at designing/printing my own :grin:

Any chance of eventually releasing a manual pdf so we can print our own? Wouldn't have to be immediately, but would be cool if eventually released down the road. If not, I'd probably try my hand at designing/printing my own :grin:

I would be willing to help write such a manual.

• Like 1

Maybe plenty of people have played it so far, but I am the Intellivision Vigeogame Authority, known as IVA, so my opinion will be the most important of all! If you ask yourself who made me to the IVA: I made this by myself like the VGA and since they earn tons of money with stupid gradings and plastic boxes I decided to become a Authority too :grin:

For the case that somebody did not get it: I am just kidding.

• Like 2

Hmmm. "Mystery Musician's title sequence music" sounds an awful lot like Arnauld's tracker demo song...

Yep! Good catch! I was making changes right up to the wire to get the game ready for Play Expo and it wasn't in a fit state so I rolled the code back a bit (to get a version that would play without game play issues), built it and did a quick test before calling it a night. Unfortunately I didn't check what music was being included in the build and just went straight into the game to test it :(. Its entirely my fault because Rocketeer has been a bit of a test bed for trying things out in. When I do the demo of the Rev3 cart PCB in action you'll get a snippet of the final game's music.

• 3 weeks later...

Rocketeer will be available to play at eJagFest in Germany next weekend. Event attendees will also be able to play Hover Bovver, Mars Minis and several other WIP game projects. I'll also have the multi-cart prototype to demo as well.

I haven't made as much progress on the Rev3 PCB microcontroller firmware as I'd like :(. I came up with a much better idea on how to to emulate the Inty's various bus cycles (whilst debugging the first version) which should make the cart's firmware rock steady. Currently I'm about 80% complete on coding that (its a complete rewrite) and hopefully it'll get beyond the bus cycle test utility ROM and have a real game on it to play for eJagFest.

I'll be doing a quick re-spin of the Rev3 PCB (to Rev3a) once I'm happy with the new firmware because one of the PCB's components is slightly fouled by a Mattel shell's PCB rest. The new PCB will also have gold plated contacts and a silk screen to make it as close as possible to the final shipping PCBs.

I'm still intending to send revolutionika a Rev3 PCB (and its bus cycle test utility) so he can check it out on his various machines. He'll also get a Rev3a for testing as well.

Rocketeer still needs work to get it into the final version. Once the binary been tested by my beta test team it will lead to the game being signed off. However Rev3(a) firmware is my top priority at the moment. Once I get the PCB and its firmware signed off Rocketeer will be completed while cart internal parts are coming in. Then I can move onto Mars Minis and my other projects waiting in the wings.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...