IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Ofcourse we wish everyone well. But this is his pattern of silence. Ive seen enough excuses for years and years. None of these games will ever come out. I think he should refund everyone but we all know that would never happen. People get so excited and desperate for new games that they get blinded.

• Like 1

Just checked ... I PM'd him on June 13th, which is coincidentally the last day that he made any postings on AA per his profile.

My fault for not requesting much earlier when I figured this would inevitably happen ... oh well, a $120 lesson learned.

And yes, we all wish him good health if that's the issue.

• Like 2

He has been completely off Grid from what I can tell. I've used all means except U.S. postoffice to check in with him agenda free. I personally am a bit worried. This goes beyond his usual getting beat up with work.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:lolblue: Man, you gotta laugh at the bullshit posted by the trolling fucktards in my threads. Now down to the business at hand.

Firstly, I'd like to publicly apologise to those people who asked me for pre-order refunds and didn't get a timely response. Work and life have kept me away from AA for far too long. As a priority those people have all been sent PMs today and will be dealt with ASAP.

Secondly, to paraphrase Whose Line Is It Anyway: "Free refunds for all!” I'll be contacting everybody else who pre-ordered Rocketeer or Mars Minis and giving them a full refund too. Please wait until you are contacted by me in PM, so I can keep track. “Why am I doing this?”, I hear you ask. Looking at my upcoming schedule (and other factors), I don't currently have the time to run a comprehensive test programme, fix any lurking and hard to find bugs or build/test/ship the remaining carts. So it seems like a good time to draw a line under this long running saga. Plus the last year has hammered home that it doesn’t matter how optimistic you are about getting things done, life always finds a way to kick you in the nuts.

• Like 14

Great to see you back among the living. ?? Bummed that youve decided not to proceed with these. Hopefully you can revisit them in the future as it would be a shame to see these not get released. You could always get Rev to bring these home, he has nothing else to do other than comb his My Little Ponys hair. ?

• Like 8

Great to see you back among the living. Bummed that youve decided not to proceed with these. Hopefully you can revisit them in the future as it would be a shame to see these not get released. You could always get Rev to bring these home, he has nothing else to do other than comb his My Little Ponys hair.

... or play with his Hello Kitty phone.

• Like 1

No refund for me.

Interesting ... I don't understand this mentality.

I applaud that Groovy is back and refunding everyone and I believe this is a good thing for the community and Groovy himself. There is no product and there is no final date set. Not to speak for Groovy, but I would think that it would be a weight off his shoulders knowing that he was clean and not under any pressure to rush something out. No more drama and maybe the programming becomes fun again. Once again, not speaking for him, just how I would feel if the roles were reversed.

Then, when the product is released, everyone can simply buy the product. No stress, no pressure, no drama. Just relax and watch people buy and enjoy the game.

• Like 7

I applaud that Groovy is back and refunding everyone and I believe this is a good thing for the community and Groovy himself. There is no product and there is no final date set. Not to speak for Groovy, but I would think that it would be a weight off his shoulders knowing that he was clean and not under any pressure to rush something out. No more drama and maybe the programming becomes fun again. Once again, not speaking for him, just how I would feel if the roles were reversed.

Then, when the product is released, everyone can simply buy the product. No stress, no pressure, no drama. Just relax and watch people buy and enjoy the game.

"There is no product and there is no final date set"

There will be a product one day, and Ill wait for the date to be announced. Im confident STILL that they will release. :thumbsup:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

you-want-to-do-what-interesting.jpg

Saw this post and went from page 1 to the last page.....avoiding the saga in between.

My initial thought after watching the video "Damn, back in the day when i was a kid i would have paid TOP dollar for this game. It rivals the BEST games ever programmed for intellivision. It has an Activision/Imagic quality to it...which is to give it the highest accolades"

Then to the last page...it seemed there was a lot of drama but the programmer seems to have come through. Hip Hip Hurray for Humanity!

All this to say...i'm super duper old school. I played this intellivision stuff as it was launched and put on the shelves and NEVER ONCE considered a homebrew....but THIS one.....well, it grabbed my attention hard!

It seemed to be a blend of Robotron and Joust...which are two of my all time favorite games.

Speaking of which...is there a Robotron homebrew or something like it?

D

• Like 1