IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Seems I have a fan out there on the interwebs making bullshit claims that Rocketeer and Mars Minis are a vapourware scam and people have been ripped off :roll:. That comes as no surprise given the events of the last week. So.... lets have some facts shall we :-

Whats the plan?

Now that I know that my next crunch time is a couple of months away I'm intending to finish up Rocketeer in the next 6-8 weeks and sign off a cart PCB. I'll be getting the cart PCBs bought in fully populated so I'll be ordering a large batch which will get me through the rest of the years releases. When I've got quotes in for cart PCB manufacture I'll have a final shipping date. While I'm waiting for the cart PCBs to be manufactured and delivered Mars Minis will hopefully be completed (or shortly there after) and then everything will be ready to go out the door.

I'll also be updating the game development threads more regularly because there will be things to say and then they won't just fill up with bacon and Bea Arthur chatter ;).

At the end of the day, if you want a copy of Rocketeer, just drop me PM. If you want a refund, just drop a PM in too.

Thanks for the detailed update. Sending PM.

Speaking of which, I'm beginning to think that this Funbags game that you're "working on" is nothing but a bunch of vapourware....

Load the ROM onto your CC3 or favourite Inty emulator and check it out for yourself ;).

Here ya go :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/193700-revolutionika-and-bea-arthurs-funbags/?p=2459632

And the "talkie" is here :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/193700-revolutionika-and-bea-arthurs-funbags/?p=2742168

Enjoy! :P :rolling:

Thanks for the update Groovy. Good things come to those of us who wait.

Don't let yourself get discouraged by a few haters. Most of us understand that this isn't your primary business and appreciate the efforts that it takes.

Also, I'm thrilled that you are taking the time to add the little bells and whistles. Those little touches make a fun game into a "wow" game.

Can't wait!

• Like 1

Now that's an update! Captain Bacon is my hero, and so is Nonner for creating awesome art to go along with what appears to be great gameplay.

As for the spit and polish stage, I agree that it's this stage that sets games apart and adds to the replayability. I've said it many times about Christmas Carol, while it's a great game on its own, it's all the extras James put into it, like the cut scenes, that really make it stand out.

I hope this update puts everyone's mind at ease, and now I can't wait to see Capt Bacon on the box, manual and overlays, so Groovy if you could just get Nonner to share those images too that would be great. Just sayin. :)

• Like 5

Now that's an update! Captain Bacon is my hero, and so is Nonner for creating awesome art to go along with what appears to be great gameplay.

As for the spit and polish stage, I agree that it's this stage that sets games apart and adds to the replayability. I've said it many times about Christmas Carol, while it's a great game on its own, it's all the extras James put into it, like the cut scenes, that really make it stand out.

I hope this update puts everyone's mind at ease, and now I can't wait to see Capt Bacon on the box, manual and overlays, so Groovy if you could just get Nonner to share those images too that would be great. Just sayin. :)

What do you mean? I didn't add any extras. Those came with the PC board. :lol:

Side note regarding bacon....I tried Pringles new "Bacon" flavored chips today. Not impressed. Captain Bacon would disapprove.

The last few limited edition flavors I tried have been very light on the seasoning and pretty much taste like the original flavor, despite some intriguing names and graphics. One solid win, though......Sriracha :)

Edited by JasonlikesINTV