IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

For anybody who is not happy with the situation, instead of voicing your concerns/complaints, simply take advantage of the full refund that GB (and others) have offered.

What if the "anybody" doesn't want a refund, just the game he/she paid for almost two years ago and was led to believe would be out multiple times by now?

Understood. However, if you follow my post, you'll see that it was in response not to Ignorama's complaint, but to slab0meat's comment, which he seems to post regularly (along with others of the same inclination) and serves absolutely no purpose than to incite discord and rouse up the trolls.

dZ.

I don't come here asking for status updates, nor do I "post regularly". I do post sometimes, after someone asks for a legitimate status update to a promised game that payment was accepted for... and when the delays got longer and longer, became labeled as a "fun-time hobby". I can think of a way to put all the so-called trolls (ones who actually wonder when the game will be shipped.. boy, that's some trolling)... ship the game.

What if the "anybody" doesn't want a refund, just the game he/she paid for almost two years ago and was led to believe would be out multiple times by now?

If you don't want to accept the viable solution to the problem (obtaining a refund), then the problem is on you, and you have no right to complain.

Edited by Eric7100
  • Like 1

If you don't want to accept the viable solution to the problem (obtaining a refund), then the problem is on you, and you have no right to complain.

The problem is that Groovy Bee hold us all hostage by making it a limited release (it was announced that way: you have 1 month to pay, after that no one can order).

So no one will actually say that he is pissed off. Especially when Groovy Bee gives his critics a refund and not the game.

I don't come here asking for status updates, nor do I "post regularly". I do post sometimes, after someone asks for a legitimate status update to a promised game that payment was accepted for... and when the delays got longer and longer, became labeled as a "fun-time hobby". I can think of a way to put all the so-called trolls (ones who actually wonder when the game will be shipped.. boy, that's some trolling)... ship the game.

You are right, you come to his thread with no skin on the game, other than to post your "fun-time hobby" comment (which by the way, it's only you and William who use that label).

GroovyBee has posted already multiple times saying that it'll take time, and that there is no ETA. Those who accept this outcome can continue waiting patiently, the rest can ask for a refund. There is nothing else. Nada.

Lets say that again, just to be absolutely clear: there is no third option of "I'll make GroovyBee work faster by complaining about it, and by sheer will shall it be completed soon."

Attacking GroovyBee, his integrity, or those who support him, will not make the game release any sooner.

As it stands, GroovyBee has been very clear: There is no ETA. Full stop.

I absolutely understand that this is not a happy situation, and that it is upsetting to some. However, if you don't like it, you've had the option of getting a refund for a long time. Others have offered to refund the money and take over a pre-order too, in case you do not want to taint your pockets with the nasty ugly coin that has touched GroovyBee's hands.

This is not a new situation and coming here to post silly comments of "fun-time hobby" whenever someone complaints is just meant to fan the flames of those upset, and so it's trolling.

dZ.

• Like 3

I'm just looking forward to this being on my Multicarts. No axe to grind. I'm happy to support this community. If I couldn't afford it at the time to prepay I would not have. I was happy to do it as sometimes I don't have the money when I need it for this hobby.

• Like 1

The problem is that Groovy Bee hold us all hostage by making it a limited release (it was announced that way: you have 1 month to pay, after that no one can order).

So no one will actually say that he is pissed off. Especially when Groovy Bee gives his critics a refund and not the game.

From a business (and certainly a legal) standpoint, nobody is entitled to the game. You are only entitled to be made whole. If your money is returned in full, then you have no leg to stand on. Take the refund, move on, and stop complaining. Those who persist in voicing their opinions in this thread (while a perfectly reasonable solution is being offered) come across as just whiny, directionless "complainers."

DO NOT rush a "fun-time hobby" !!!!

Hmmm.... I wonder how long I've been calling retro coding a hobby? The answers right here :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/143769-if-you-had-time-to-learn-only-one-programming-language/?p=1746000

The best way to learn any language is to start with small projects and build your experience on them. If you can combine learning the language with another hobby thats as a good way to go because it gives you an incentive to continue.

Thats right, over 5 years. Its not like I used to call it a business is it? :lol:

• Like 1

My, seems like I have to correct your false statement yet again :roll: :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/209220-new-homebrew-called-rocketeer/?p=2933194

• Like 1

And what if the "anybody" wanted a refund, had it within 24 hours, and then continues to troll the thread. Hmmmm.... Wonder who that might be? :ponder:

• Like 1

So, what I'm hearing is:

"You whining, trolling, misquoting, already-refunded rabble don't deserve an update!"

(This is a restatement - not a direct quote) :)

I would interpret this to mean:

1. There is no significant progress to report. Bee3 testing continues.

2. 2015.

I don't know you personally, but my experience reading your posts in the past leads me to believe that you are smart enough to tell the difference between someone upset that they don't have an update (like Ignorama) and someone trolling this thread (like slab0meat and that other unpronounceable nick).

Then again, you're jumping on the fray and fueling the fire, so what do I know... :roll:

• Like 1

I don't know you personally, but my experience reading your posts in the past leads me to believe that you are smart enough to tell the difference between someone upset that they don't have an update (like Ignorama) and someone trolling this thread (like slab0meat and that other unpronounceable nick).

Then again, you're jumping on the fray and fueling the fire, so what do I know... :roll:

You are right. I should know better than to get involved in arguments on the internet.

But, I am an information junkie. I hate being kept in the dark.

On July 9th, 2014 Groovybee said:

The game will be released this year. When? Thats difficult to say precisely :(.

So, as 2014 is rapidly drawing to a close, it seems reasonable to ask for an update.

But Groovybee didn't give an update, he just attacked the people asking for it.

Maybe they all deserved it. I don't know. Fortunately, I don't have much experience with trolls. When people ask me questions I try to answer them as best I can.

I wasn't trying to "fan the flames." I just gave my interpretation of Groovybee's non-update. I think if the Bee3 testing was done, he would tell us. If some cool new feature has been added the game, he would have said so.

Sorry if this sounded like flame-fanning.

Catsfolly

• Like 1

From a business (and certainly a legal) standpoint, nobody is entitled to the game. You are only entitled to be made whole. If your money is returned in full, then you have no leg to stand on. Take the refund, move on, and stop complaining. Those who persist in voicing their opinions in this thread (while a perfectly reasonable solution is being offered) come across as just whiny, directionless "complainers."

I find it very amusing that you are complaining about complainers.

Just sayin...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?/topic/224570-NOW-SHIPPING%21-Space-Raid-homebrew-for-the-Intellivision---Official-Thread

You are right. I should know better than to get involved in arguments on the internet.

But, I am an information junkie. I hate being kept in the dark.

On July 9th, 2014 Groovybee said:

So, as 2014 is rapidly drawing to a close, it seems reasonable to ask for an update.

But Groovybee didn't give an update, he just attacked the people asking for it.

Maybe they all deserved it. I don't know. Fortunately, I don't have much experience with trolls. When people ask me questions I try to answer them as best I can.

I wasn't trying to "fan the flames." I just gave my interpretation of Groovybee's non-update. I think if the Bee3 testing was done, he would tell us. If some cool new feature has been added the game, he would have said so.

Sorry if this sounded like flame-fanning.

Catsfolly

I find it very amusing that you are complaining about complainers.

Just sayin...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?/topic/224570-NOW-SHIPPING%21-Space-Raid-homebrew-for-the-Intellivision---Official-Thread

It's amazingly obtuse for both of you to ignore the campaigns to discredit GroovyBee and the militant vilification of his character that some in this forum have actively engaged in, ever since the Hovver Bovver incident. (There, I said it!)

Notwithstanding those who genuinely feel entitled to whine constantly (it's the Internet, after all :roll: ), it is quite obvious that every month--like clockwork--someone that has never paid a cent for the game (or already received a refund) posts in one of GroovyBee's threads asking for a status update.

And they don't just ask for an update, they do it with innuendos and silly comments meant to incite angst and discord. And then there's those who appear to be subscribed to this thread for no other reason than to fan the flames as soon as someone posts his next status request.

Time for a Push

Why? There was no update the last time, what makes you think there will be one now?

No updates on the game itself because Bee3 cart design validation is still in progress.

So still no update and no ETA then.

Okay, I ask again next month.

Oh dear.

I respect you both for the quality of your work and your general participation in this community, but it is disappointing to see you stoop to the level of the rabble rousers. You would think that by know any damage to GroovyBee's character in this community would be done and over, since he's been called everything from liar, to faker, to thief.

And since he has repeatedly said that there is no release date nor an estimate for it, anybody who has lost his trust or patience would have asked for his money back by now--which GroovyBee has actively offered numerous times.

Of course, this being the Interwebz, it's more fun to continue with the innuendos and insults and character assassination. :roll:

But don't let me spoil the fun. You keep on posting to express your shock and disbelief when the cleverly cued angry posts come in, and GroovyBee dismisses them with contempt once again. Go on, there's three or four other GroovyBee threads that are ripe for a bump.

Me? I pre-paid for the games and I don't regret it. I've play-tested some of them and know they are good, and I am sure they will be released eventually. As a programmer myself, with a life that spans outside this forum, I know how other priorities can take over your life, leaving very scarce time for my favourite hobby.

I love this picture, funny stuff! By the way I am the guy in the far back on the right, so hard to push forward in this crowd! :twisted:

Dude! That was you? Stop pushing ... there's plenty of people to burn ... wait your turn. :grin:

Burning people is a noble tradition by rational citizens and started out as a effective and efficient method of eliminating witchcraft as shown in the documentary below ...

???

I don't get this? So you are very unhappy the game is not done and is taking too long...GroovyBee is offering a full refund (within 24 hours even) but you don't want the refund?