IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

My, seems like I have to correct your false statement yet again :roll: :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/209220-new-homebrew-called-rocketeer/?p=2933194

You know that you're bending the truth.

I supported you from the very beginning because your game looked very promising. I showed your demo on meetings. And as I remember I was one of the first to pay you the money.

You made a cash in for a limited time with NO after sales (promising people that came to late, a game if someone of the original buyers drops out).

Then you presented a second game, Mars Minis. The same here, a tiny demo to show that there is something in the making and again a cash in with NO after sales.

Instead of working on the games you already got the money for you started other games like Pesky Scientists.

And instead of working on a simple cart for your games you began working on the Bee Hive cart.

I still have no problem to wait. The money is long paid and almost forgotten.

But I don't like how you split the community in two camps.

And I really don't like how you call your critics liars.

Maybe it is time to show us that you not produce only hot air and release at least one of your promised games.

You hadn't order Sturmwind in advance and if you did so (as I did too) you didn't have to pay until release.

I paid for Strumwind first, not sure which Sturmwind you bought or who you received it from but yes, you had to pay first. I even tried to get a refund but never got a response. I eventually got the game though so it's all good in the end :)

I paid for Pier Solar Dreamcast almost 2 years ago, was told it would be done 2013 Christmas...still waiting...but thats just how it goes ;)

If an immediate refund option is available, I don't get what all the "hoopla" is about?

For Sturmwind I was told to file a refund with the sales department, I would be issued a ticket number and then my "case" would be handled within 2 weeks...which never happened/etc.. For this all you have to do is PM Groovybee and he sends you a refund within 24 hours, seems pretty easy?

Edit - Here is a link to the Strumwind refund process

http://www.redspotgames.com/support/

It was a total pain in the ass! lol

Edited by Crazy Climber
  • Like 1

I supported you from the very beginning because your game looked very promising. I showed your demo on meetings. And as I remember I was one of the first to pay you the money.

You made a cash in for a limited time with NO after sales (promising people that came to late, a game if someone of the original buyers drops out).

Then you presented a second game, Mars Minis. The same here, a tiny demo to show that there is something in the making and again a cash in with NO after sales.

Instead of working on the games you already got the money for you started other games like Pesky Scientists.

And instead of working on a simple cart for your games you began working on the Bee Hive cart.

Fine, so you are not happy with GroovyBee, he has acted like a scoundrel towards you, and you have lost faith in his ability to follow through with his announcements.

You sound like a very good candidate for a refund.

Maybe it is time to show us that you not produce only hot air and release at least one of your promised games.

It maybe it's time that those who believe GroovyBee only produces "hot air" and never releases anything to ask for their money back (or demand it, if you're so inclined, though it's hardly necessary).

But no, it's a lot more fun to continue the insinuations of wrong doing, while refusing to be made whole. It's like the Internet is an outpost on the Twilight Zone. :roll:

• Like 1

Fine, so you are not happy with GroovyBee, he has acted like a scoundrel towards you, and you have lost faith in his ability to follow through with his announcements.

You sound like a very good candidate for a refund.

It maybe it's time that those who believe GroovyBee only produces "hot air" and never releases anything to ask for their money back (or demand it, if you're so inclined, though it's hardly necessary).

But no, it's a lot more fun to continue the insinuations of wrong doing, while refusing to be made whole. It's like the Internet is an outpost on the Twilight Zone. :roll:

What's this your matter at all? Let Groovy Bee answer. Did you order the GB games back then or do you wait for a refund to get the next in line like some others?

That seems the only reason for a few people here to shout at the critics "Take the refund".

It's a shame what Groovy Bee made with the people in this forum.

And to make one thing clear: In this case are building up two fronts. I don't have bad feelings with any of you. I like you as members of the Intellivision community and if we ever meet I want to drink a beer with all of you. ;)

What's this your matter at all? Let Groovy Bee answer. Did you order the GB games back then or do you wait for a refund to get the next in line like some others?

That seems the only reason for a few people here to shout at the critics "Take the refund".

It's a shame what Groovy Bee made with the people in this forum.

And to make one thing clear: In this case are building up two fronts. I don't have bad feelings with any of you. I like you as members of the Intellivision community and if we ever meet I want to drink a beer with all of you. ;)

Since you didn't read my message fully, I'll repeat: I pre-paid for all the games.

There is truly more reasons to "shout at critics," since I am not the only one in this thread who has pre-paid and is criticizing your bizarre behaviour of complaining but refusing to be made whole.

For one, I'm tired of these constant innuendoes and character attacks in this community. Read back in this and the other GroovyBee threads: it doesn't matter the topic, it always comes down to pitchforks and torches--and there's always a few that incite the rancor.

You may not see it now because most of those messages get reported to the moderators as trolls, and removed. Just a few days ago someone posted a new topic with the title "Rocketeer Cancelled!" in an effort to start yet another linch party. Fortunately, it was removed quickly. Yet the bad blood remains, then it's just waiting another month until someone bumps another of Groovy's threads.

And by the way, there isn't anything that "GroovyBee has done with the people of this forum." It's only a handful that complain and refuse refunds, and even less the trolls that fuel the fire.

What's more, their intolerance and negative behaviour is finding less and less support in the forum, attested by the conspicuous decrease or lack of "likes" on those troll messages, as opposed to when all this crap started.

Seriously, dude, I'll refund your money myself if it will bring peace in this forum and stops the constant complaints. And I'll donate your spot on the pre-order list to whomever wants it, for free.

Edited by DZ-Jay

It's amazingly obtuse for both of you to ignore the campaigns to discredit GroovyBee and the militant vilification of his character that some in this forum have actively engaged in, ever since the Hovver Bovver incident. (There, I said it!)

Notwithstanding those who genuinely feel entitled to whine constantly (it's the Internet, after all :roll: ), it is quite obvious that every month--like clockwork--someone that has never paid a cent for the game (or already received a refund) posts in one of GroovyBee's threads asking for a status update.

And they don't just ask for an update, they do it with innuendos and silly comments meant to incite angst and discord. And then there's those who appear to be subscribed to this thread for no other reason than to fan the flames as soon as someone posts his next status request.

I respect you both for the quality of your work and your general participation in this community, but it is disappointing to see you stoop to the level of the rabble rousers. You would think that by know any damage to GroovyBee's character in this community would be done and over, since he's been called everything from liar, to faker, to thief.

And since he has repeatedly said that there is no release date nor an estimate for it, anybody who has lost his trust or patience would have asked for his money back by now--which GroovyBee has actively offered numerous times.

Of course, this being the Interwebz, it's more fun to continue with the innuendos and insults and character assassination. :roll:

But don't let me spoil the fun. You keep on posting to express your shock and disbelief when the cleverly cued angry posts come in, and GroovyBee dismisses them with contempt once again. Go on, there's three or four other GroovyBee threads that are ripe for a bump.

Me? I pre-paid for the games and I don't regret it. I've play-tested some of them and know they are good, and I am sure they will be released eventually. As a programmer myself, with a life that spans outside this forum, I know how other priorities can take over your life, leaving very scarce time for my favourite hobby.

Thanks, Dz.

To be clear, I said nothing about Groovy Bee or his game. From what I've seen it looks fantastic, and when it comes out I hope to be able to get a copy myself. I'm not part of any Groovy Bee lynch mob, nor am I jumping to anyone's defense.

My comment was directed at Eric7100, who posted daily complaint updates in the Space Raid thread because the post office lost his games. Seeing him call people in this thread complainers struck me as funny, in a 'pot calling the kettle black', disingenuous sort of way.

I am entitled to read and post in this thread, whether or not I got in on the pre-order. It's a public forum, last time I checked. I follow and post in lot's of threads here, as we like to cover a broad range of AA threads on the podcast.

I'm not taking sides on this. I have no axe to grind. People can wait, or take the refund. Seems pretty cut and dry.

Was it inappropriate to post my comment here? I don't think so, but others may. So be it. At least this makes for lively discussion, which is sort of the point of forums like this.

• Like 1

Dude! That was you? Stop pushing ... there's plenty of people to burn ... wait your turn. :grin:

Burning people is a noble tradition by rational citizens and started out as a effective and efficient method of eliminating witchcraft as shown in the documentary below ...

documentary... Funny. :lol: I love these movies.
  • Like 1

Again, instead of typing all this, take the refund and move on.

My comment was directed at Eric7100, who posted daily complaint updates in the Space Raid thread because the post office lost his games. Seeing him call people in this thread complainers struck me as funny, in a 'pot calling the kettle black', disingenuous sort of way.

That was a different situation. I actually got screwed by the post office on my original set of games. GB isn't screwing anybody here.

That was a different situation. I actually got screwed by the post office on my original set of games. GB isn't screwing anybody here.

I never said he did. I have no doubt the game will eventually come out and will be worth having.

And the situation is not that different. You were offered a refund on your Space Raid, and you said you didn't want one, you wanted your games. And then continued to post complaints about not receiving them.

That's what people who bought into this game are doing. They don't want a refund, they want the game. You told them to "take the refund, move on, and stop complaining"... which is pretty much what people were telling you in the other thread.

I saw a parallel there and posted. There was no implication that Groovy Bee was screwing anyone. Just that you were knocking people here for doing what you yourself did not long ago.

• Like 1

Thanks, Dz.

To be clear, I said nothing about Groovy Bee or his game. From what I've seen it looks fantastic, and when it comes out I hope to be able to get a copy myself. I'm not part of any Groovy Bee lynch mob, nor am I jumping to anyone's defense.

My comment was directed at Eric7100, who posted daily complaint updates in the Space Raid thread because the post office lost his games. Seeing him call people in this thread complainers struck me as funny, in a "pot calling the kettle black", disingenuous sort of way.

Understood. I'm sorry if I mischaracterized your post. :)

Now would be a good time for Rev to post some bacon...

Waiting two years for a game that has been paid for is certainly something that, in my opinion, is a fair discussion point.

Asking for an occasional update on a paid game promised back in 2013 is a fair request.

Being snarky, rude and confrontational is not. $40 is not enough for anyone to lose their dignity over.

This goes for BOTH sides of the aisle.

Be civil and respectful ... love each other ... rainbows ... unicorns and all that happy feeling crap ...

post-31049-0-62763000-1417634724_thumb.jpg

I never said he did. I have no doubt the game will eventually come out and will be worth having.

And the situation is not that different. You were offered a refund on your Space Raid, and you said you didn't want one, you wanted your games. And then continued to post complaints about not receiving them.

But my complaints were not directed to the distributor of the games, who did NOT screw me. They were directed to the postal system, which did screw both me and CollectorVision out of two games that ended up God knows where. Sure, CollectorVision made me whole, but it was actually the duty of the postal system to make BOTH of us whole, which they never did and never will. So, in that case, there is a legitimate reason to complain against the postal system.

Edited by Eric7100

Why is it that "get a refund" is the default answer when someone complains or voices frustration?

I paid

I think the games will be a lot fun.

I do not want a refund.

I will wait for it.

Now, that being said, I should be able to voice my disappointment and frustration without being told to get a refund if I don't like it.

The games are not released

Apparently are not being worked on from recent status'

Other projects are taking precedence over paid for games.

What, in the above three statements, is not frustrating and causing disappointment?

• Like 1

The games are not released

Apparently are not being worked on from recent status'

Other projects are taking precedence over paid for games.

What, in the above three statements, is not frustrating and causing disappointment?

It may be frustrating and causing disappointment, but if there is a remedy and you refuse to take it, then YOU are the source of the frustration and disappointment, so you really have no leg to stand on, in terms of complaining and voicing your opinions. You should stand in front of a mirror and voice them to YOURSELF, since YOU (by not accepting the remedy) are the main source of the problem.

Edited by Eric7100

Waiting two years for a game that has been paid for is certainly something that, in my opinion, is a fair discussion point.

Asking for an occasional update on a paid game promised back in 2013 is a fair request.

Being snarky, rude and confrontational is not. $40 is not enough for anyone to lose their dignity over.

This goes for BOTH sides of the aisle.

Be civil and respectful ... love each other ... rainbows ... unicorns and all that happy feeling crap ...

attachicon.gifhugs.jpg

Fushek,

Asking for an update like you have is reasonable. Trolling is not. It is astonishing to me that both keep being conflated. I find that to be a transparent straw man argument:

Person: "is there an update?"

Troll: "Gather pitchforks and torches!! GroovyBee took our money! I DEMAND SATISFACTION (but not a refund)!!!"

Groovy: "Shut up troll, take a refund and go away!"

Person: "why are you attacking me if I only wanted an update?"

??

It may be frustrating and causing disappointment, but if there is a remedy and you refuse to take it, then YOU are the source of the frustration and disappointment, so you really have no leg to stand on, in terms of complaining and voicing your opinions. You should stand in front of a mirror and voice them to YOURSELF, since YOU (by not accepting the remedy) are the main source of the problem.

Eric calm down.

This kind of answer is directly what I was speaking to in my full post.

There is more than one choice if disappointed. I can still want the game. In the rest of my post it says I am willing to wait.

There was no reason for the "stand in front of a mirror" attack. I did not attack anyone.

Eric calm down.

This kind of answer is directly what I was speaking to in my full post.

There is more than one choice if disappointed. I can still want the game. In the rest of my post it says I am willing to wait.

There was no reason for the "stand in front of a mirror" attack. I did not attack anyone.

If you are willing to wait, then good for you!

For anyone (in general) who is NOT willing to wait, and does nothing but complain when they refuse to accept a refund, then THEY need to do their complaining in front of a mirror, because THEY are the problem.

• Like 1

Fushek,

Asking for an update like you have is reasonable. Trolling is not. It is astonishing to me that both keep being conflated. I find that to be a transparent straw man argument:

Person: "is there an update?"

Troll: "Gather pitchforks and torches!! GroovyBee took our money! I DEMAND SATISFACTION (but not a refund)!!!"

Groovy: "Shut up troll, take a refund and go away!"

Person: "why are you attacking me if I only wanted an update?"

??

Dude ... totally with you. That's exactly what I'm saying ... that people have the right to ask for updates because of the delays but NOT in a snarky, non-civil, trollish manner.

• Like 1

I respect you both for the quality of your work and your general participation in this community, but it is disappointing to see you stoop to the level of the rabble rousers. You would think that by know any damage to GroovyBee's character in this community would be done and over, since he's been called everything from liar, to faker, to thief

And since he has repeatedly said that there is no release date nor an estimate for it, anybody who has lost his trust or patience would have asked for his money back by now--which GroovyBee has actively offered numerous times.

Of course, this being the Interwebz, it's more fun to continue with the innuendos and insults and character assassination. :roll:

Sorry, but that is not correct. First of all: I NEVER insulted GB, I NEVER called him a liar, I NEVER called his character into question on Atari Age. Because I not have done anything of these points I refuse your post vehemently and ask you to stop to throw me into a group I do not belong to. I really like you DZ, but with that post you have gone much too far in my opinion!

Second: The part that he said that there is no release date is also outdated. He did said that the release will be in 2014 and when I asked about that again later he confirmed, that he will release the games this year. Of course he did never said a exact day, but even just naming a year is a kind of release date. You cant deny that. So he did made us hope for getting the games. When he do not get it done its one side and its not really the side I criticize. What I blame is the aspect that I have to ask again and again to hear, that he do not get the work done in the timeframe he mentioned in his threads. What I also blame, and even more, is the fact that he do not really answer to the questions, no just discusses with the guys who got a refund and blames wrong quotes. Its nice that he find the time to play with these guys, but it would be even nice if he find the timt too to answer the questions of the couple of people who paid and never asked for a refund.

But to make my point clear: Of course I am disappointed about GBs behavior, because for me a good relationship between customer and seller means also that he updates us and not just plays the cool guy when people get pissed. As I said, HE SAID that the game will be released 2014 and so ITS HIS PART to tell us, that this unfortunatly wont happen. This is not everything I want and of course I wouldnt be 100% satisfied, but it would be a huge step in the right direction.

Edited by Ignorama

By the way:

Its not up to you to suggest anybody what to do. Get it into your head that some people do not want a refund, because they want the games. You are very ignorant for arguments in this case too and are exactly like SlabOMeat, just on the complete other side. I am really sorry to say that.