IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

:-D Unless it's a heavy shielded cart in which case I don't let those out of my sight. Believe it or not I'll be on the lookout for cheap loose cart lots as I only have maybe a hundred or so. Anyone else with a bunch of loose commons they're willing to give up for the greater good? :-D

I'm sure that I have some extras that I could donate. Where do you want them?

:-D Unless it's a heavy shielded cart in which case I don't let those out of my sight. Believe it or not I'll be on the lookout for cheap loose cart lots as I only have maybe a hundred or so. Anyone else with a bunch of loose commons they're willing to give up for the greater good? :-D

I have quite a few. Do you care whether they have the tirangle screw, or are you only looking for the phillips head kind? So what is the big plan for all the shells?

I didn't get as much as I wanted to do tonight but the latest changes are :-

- Fixed a bug in the left/right laser shot code so that if you are about to wrap at the left/right edge of the screen the shot starts on the opposing edge.

- High score is now on the temporary title page.

Its looks like the teaser ROM will be pushed back to Friday or the weekend now.

Well done GroovyBee! Looks like a great homage to the classic ZX spectrum game and I for one would like to stick my name down for 2 copies please.

Thanks for the compliment.

As a matter of interest will this be a one-off run so it will be a ltd edition on cartridge?

Its a pre-order so I have no intention of doing another run of this cart.

Latest changes :-

- Lives are now lost on collisions with baddies.

- Player blinks white/black for a few seconds after a life is lost. When the new graphics come in there will be a player death sequence added after that.

- Added "GET READY" before the game starts and when you lose a life.

- Added "GAME OVER" when all lives are lost.

- The high score looked deadly dull on the title page so now it cycles through a few colours. Until the new title page design comes in that is pretty much all I'm doing with that.

I also had a look at adding Intellivoice support. It doesn't seem too hard with intvnut's support routines in the 1600 SDK. The hardest part will be making the voice say something recognisable :lol:. The allophones are all there it just needs some time to put them together in phrases. I haven't looked to see if it exists already but maybe I need to write a utility to join allophones together live on the Inty in order to to play back phrases. Without such a utility I can imagine that there will be a lot of edit/build/test development cycles to get something good.

• Like 9

Would the positioning of the ledges change the mechanic of the game at all? Just a thought....I thinking random ledges to make it less predictable ?

I had thought about about doing that too. When I get around to balancing the game out properly and more importantly if there is enough resources it might be in.

So maybe the game will be Intellivoice enhanched. That will be very sweet to have another intellivoice game. lol

The RAM needed for the Intellivoice isn't much really. Its the ROM space needed for the allophones that would be the potential bug bear. However it is possible to include only the ones that you use so that will help save space.