IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Wow, Rev. You can obviously feel free to do with my account what you will. But, it feels kinda sad that someone can't have a discussion about something they have an opinion on without the people that disagree with that opinion immediately going the route of labeling them a troll. That's really something I'd have expected to experience when I was the age where I first started enjoying the Intellivision. Not now as a 49 year old man. I expect to have reasonable discussion whereby everyone is granted the opportunity to express their thoughts and then be able to have dicussion around those thoughts. We all don't need to agree but the discussion can be civil. That's my expectation of people in my age bracket. Perhaps I just expect too much from people in my old age.

If you wanted a discussion, why not contact Groovy in a private message? Instead you blasted him in his own thread.

Who are the apologizers? You read the whole thread. Go ahead and list them by name.

Who's trying to stir up controversy now? Why would I do that? Anyone who has read the threads knows who is on which side of the story. Are you intentionally trying to bait me? Please don't do that because I have no interest in going down the road you seemingly want to take me.

Who are the apologizers? You read the whole thread. Go ahead and list them by name.

"Blasted" is certainly one perspective. I feel I laid out my opinion in a thoughtful manner based on the facts contained out throughout the various threads. You say "blasted"... I say "summarized facts". Now we're having a discussion. I respect your opinion. I also respectfully disagree with it.

Let Groovybee handle his customers. He has to work to recoup money for refund so I understand that. Hopefully Rocketeer will see the light of day as I want to play that game since I did enjoy the original Jetpak on the ZX Spectrum on the Donkey Kong Country 64 cartridge. The game needed the Bee3 chip in order to handle the gameplay.

I have sat on games that I am developing for several years, but they eventually get finished and released. It really depend on my mood and there's no strict deadline.

His next game is Terminal Bugocity. I believe it's finished and will be release by IntellivisionRevolution. He is talented programmer. He's one busy bee.

I'm a troll because I read the threads, formulated an opinion based on the content of the posts therein and posted my opinion on this site? Under that definition wouldn't everyone here be considered a troll? I stated very clearly that I came to the site after rekindling my interest in the Intellivision and started reading everything I could. Upon doing so, I found the repeated appearance of Groovy's name something that interested me so I posted my thoughts on it. Just as everyone else on this site has done and will continue to do in perpetuum. Yes, I believe that Groovy has acted unreasonably and I have a difficult time seeing how his apologists can forgive the behavior that's been exhibited. If posting that opinion makes me a troll in your eyes then so be it. I didn't realize that admission to the club here meant falling in line and being a good little poster whereby everyone agrees with everything ever written. I'll keep that in mind when I decide to express my individuality here going forward.

Who's trying to stir up controversy now? Why would I do that? Anyone who has read the threads knows who is on which side of the story. Are you intentionally trying to bait me? Please don't do that because I have no interest in going down the road you seemingly want to take me.

"Blasted" is certainly one perspective. I feel I laid out my opinion in a thoughtful manner based on the facts contained out throughout the various threads. You say "blasted"... I say "summarized facts". Now we're having a discussion. I respect your opinion. I also respectfully disagree with it.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/873/260/a5b.png

Wow, it's like straight from the script! :roll:

It seems odd to me that with a total of 15 posts as a new member 10 of them are in this thread. With all the rich and positive things going on in this forum, all of the great games coming out, all of the information being shared, that this is where you chose to go right out of the shoot. With no stake in the game.

This is why you appear troll like. "Hi, I'm new! Yeah Groovy Bee is seriously messed up! THOUGHTS ANYONE!"

Is it so hard to find something to enjoy on the forum, as opposed to tossing a bomb in a room just to watch the carnage!

It seems odd to me that with a total of 15 posts as a new member 10 of them are in this thread. With all the rich and positive things going on in this forum, all of the great games coming out, all of the information being shared, that this is where you chose to go right out of the shoot. With no stake in the game.

This is why you appear troll like. "Hi, I'm new! Yeah Groovy Bee is seriously messed up! THOUGHTS ANYONE!"

Is it so hard to find something to enjoy on the forum, as opposed to tossing a bomb in a room just to watch the carnage!

BBWW - Let me start by saying that, unlike DZ's or Rev's commentary to me, yours is the first one to engage me in a thoughtful response inquiring about "why". For that alone I thank you. Now, to answer your questions... yes, the majority of my posts thus far have been on this topic. Having said that, both DZ and Rev questioned my character so, unfortunately, instead of trying to understand why I posted what I did they chose different tactics. Therefore, I felt the need to defend my own integrity against them like I feel most anyone would who didn't have malicious intentions likely would.

You make a great point regarding the content here. There is so much good stuff and I've spent a lot of time reading it all. And I plan on being a part of the "good stuff" and the good conversation that goes along with it in an effort to continue enjoying the fact that I've re-found the Intellivision again. Your perspective around picking this topic as my initial contribution is completely valid and does look suspect for a new member. i will definitely grant you that. However, the fact of the matter is that I spent a lot of time reading this entire thread and found myself infinitely interested in the topic and the behaviors within it. So much so that it ended up being my first true add to the forum. I see how it could be construed as being disingenuous and trying to stir the pot. But, I guarantee you that it was not my intention. I was driven only by my own interest on the topic and the behaviors I read through various other topics involving Groovy.

I also truly don't see what's wrong with having conversation on topics where not everyone sees it the same way. Healthy debate is good for the soul. But, the approach that DZ and Rev took with me was the opposite of that. They didn't ask me thoughtful questions around my intent. They came out of the gate brandishing the "troll' card. As I mentioned above, had they asked me about my intent the way that you did, maybe they would have been able to understand instead of trying to put me on the defensive immediately. Maybe they were truly just trying to flesh out a potential troll and hoping to use a tactic that would just make me "hit n' run". Hopefully now they will get why I chose the topic I did. To be honest, I'd do it all the same way again because it interests me that much.

Anyway, like i said in the earlier post, there will be people that agree and people that don't and that's perfectly fine. It's just unfortunate that some of those that didn't agree couldn't have approached it in a better fashion. Thanks for your post.

Everyone that has purchased a game already, or has been in this thread for any amount of time already know whats going on.

We dont need a recap of the last 5 years from an outside person.

There is no conversation to be had. Like I already said, PM Groovybee himself and save us from your good intentions.

• Like 1

Dont seem odd to me. This is planned by him from the start. Troll gonna be a troll.

There's just no reasoning or getting through to some people. If I were a troll I'd not have spent this amount of time defending myself or my intentions. Saying "this is planned by him from the start" is pretty insulting. But, you've conducted yourself in a manner that this type of response is precisely what I should have expected from you anyway. I apologize to anyone that may have been offended by whatever they believe I may have done wrong. But, not you, Rev. I don't apologize to you. My impression thus far of you is that you're just not a very nice person and your unwillingness to look any deeper than your own first inclination and give someone a chance is pretty uninviting to someone who just wants to engage in conversation.

There's just no reasoning or getting through to some people. If I were a troll I'd not have spent this amount of time defending myself or my intentions. Saying "this is planned by him from the start" is pretty insulting. But, you've conducted yourself in a manner that this type of response is precisely what I should have expected from you anyway. I apologize to anyone that may have been offended by whatever they believe I may have done wrong. But, not you, Rev. I don't apologize to you. My impression thus far of you is that you're just not a very nice person and your unwillingness to look any deeper than your own first inclination and give someone a chance is pretty uninviting to someone who just wants to engage in conversation.

Engage in what conversation? What is there to talk about?

What is your goal or purpose of your original post. What did you hope to accomplish?

EVERYONE (or overwhelming majority) that has had a transaction with Groovybee knows the history of the last 5 years. Your assessment is unwarranted and unasked for. Its under the guise of facts and your opinions.

Blaidan quote:

you've conducted yourself in a manner that this type of response is precisely what I should have expected from you anyway.

You say should of expected from you

My initial impression/theory of you is becoming realized. That you somehow seem all to familiar with these boards. Ill go out on a limb and say you came here with an agenda and you are not some random Intellivision fan who stumbled upon this thread.

Edited by Rev

Blaidan:

There's just no reasoning or getting through to some people.

So, what are you trying to reason about and get through to us?

Go ahead and lay it out in one nice sentence, what you really came here to say about Groovybee.

After all, this is all about him. Not you, not me, not Dz, not how rude Rev is. Its all about Groovybee. We await you to enlighten us.

Edited by Rev

Blaidan:

There's just no reasoning or getting through to some people.

So, what are you trying to reason about and get through to us?

Go ahead and lay it out in one nice sentence, what you really came here to say about Groovybee.

After all, this is all about him. Not you, not me, not Dz, not how rude Rev is. Its all about Groovybee. We await you to enlighten us.

For being new his has an opinion on you too Rev. Maybe we have a blast from the past here....

For being new his has an opinion on you too Rev. Maybe we have a blast from the past here....

For sure. We are all being played and falling for it. Well almost falling for it anyway.

Remember, this was all in the name of good intentions!

Just another rabble rouser keeping the drama alive. With so many interesting things happening around, including the IntyBASIC games being developed, he instead decided to spend his week reading this specific thread and then address all of us as if he knew us so well. :roll:

I don't buy it.

I mean, he didn't even pick the Gyruss thread for some fresh community drama about something happening recently and provide us with "his opinions." No, it was always about GroovyBee and how evil he is -- and then it's about Rev and I because apparently he "knows all about us" after reading 70 pages of Internet forum.

No. He's just sea-lioning like a good little troll.

-dZ.

Well for whatever reason he has latched onto Groovybee and rocketeer, and his desire to have some kind of conversation about the last 5 years like he just solved some big case. We all have lived it. For me there really is noting to talk about. His fact filled, opinion based one sided conversation will blow over before it really started.

Welcome back Blaidan, it’s like you never left.