IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Not really sure how I can make myself any more clear. So, if you can't get it by now chances are I'm wasting my energy with you because all you want to do is make me out to be the bad guy. That's fine, I guess. I suppose having opinions and expressing them is no longer part of what you deem acceptable participation. I really dont know how to be any more clear.

Please address Groovybee directly. Stop wasting your time and energy with me. We are spinning our wheels.

Please don’t talk ABOUT him in front of his back. Converse with him with about your disatisfaction with his performance. No more Groovy did this...Groovy did that.

It’s not hard. Give it a try.

• Like 1

"We are spinning our wheels."

Finally something we agree on. For the record, I've dodged exactly nothing. You can twist the facts to make them fit your narrative but that doesn't make it true.

My first post was pretty much the only one that mentioned Groovy or any of his actions as I've understood them from the context of this and other threads. Every other post by me has been in response to you trying to make me into something that I'm not and me defending myself.

I'd really like to get along here on this forum but you seem intent on making that more difficult that it needs to be. That's unfortunate because, despite this mess, I think there's a lot of good stuff on this site and I hope to be able to participate and take advantage of it to further my enjoyment of the Intellivision.

"We are spinning our wheels."

Finally something we agree on. For the record, I've dodged exactly nothing. You can twist the facts to make them fit your narrative but that doesn't make it true.

My first post was pretty much the only one that mentioned Groovy or any of his actions as I've understood them from the context of this and other threads. Every other post by me has been in response to you trying to make me into something that I'm not and me defending myself.

I'd really like to get along here on this forum but you seem intent on making that more difficult that it needs to be. That's unfortunate because, despite this mess, I think there's a lot of good stuff on this site and I hope to be able to participate and take advantage of it to further my enjoyment of the Intellivision.

A few simple questions. Not that hard.....

What is your purpose in coming in here and posting this?

What have you set out to accomplish?

As I’ve said before. Everyone involved in a transaction knows what’s going on and what’s happened the last 5 years.

Logic dictates you came here for a reaction.

A few simple questions. Not that hard.....

As Ive said before. Everyone involved in a transaction knows whats going on and whats happened the last 5 years.

Since you can't seem to understand what's already been written I'll go ahead and help you out with the answers you've already seen but apparently didnt know it...

- As I've already said, I've read so much on this forum and the repeated pattern that I saw in threads concerning GroovyBee piqued my interest. So much so that it made me want to Express my opinion on the matter. I know you didnt want or ask for my opinion, but that really isn't of any concern to me. It's my opinion and I wished to express it.

- Nothing diabolical, devious or nefarious here. I wasn't setting out to accomplish anything aside from expressing my opinion. I do realize that I brought up an old topic and that others already knew the situation. That doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion on something just because it's an old topic. It's new to me. And it's not really a truly old topic because people are still adding replies to the thread as recently as this past week.

As Ive said before. Everyone involved in a transaction knows whats going on and whats happened the last 5 years.

- And as I've said before, it's new to me.

- That seems like flawed logic. By your logic, every opinion ever stated would only ever be given with the intention to incite a reaction. That simply isn't true. Sometimes people just give their opinions because they want to and they aren't looking for anything in return.

So, there you are... asked and answered... again. I'm sure it won't be good enough for you but I've given you what you wanted. There's really nothing more to it than that.

Now let me ask you a serious question... if I was try a troll do you really think I'd have put this much effort into this? I think not. Trolls hit and run. As you can see... I'm not running.

Very good then.

In a nut shell, your answers to the questions is simply to express your opinions.

That certainly cleared it up.

Nothing to say directly from you to Groovybee???? Or just you like to talk about him instead of to him.

///////

To answer your question, yes you would put this effort into being a long term troll.

I’ve never heard of internet trolls only hitting and running. That comment was meaningless.

Very good then.

In a nut shell, your answers to the questions is simply to express your opinions.

That certainly cleared it up.

Nothing to say directly from you to Groovybee???? Or just you like to talk about him instead of to him.

///////

To answer your question, yes you would put this effort into being a long term troll.

I’ve never heard of internet trolls only hitting and running. That comment was meaningless.

If you think I have the time or energy to commit to whatever nonsense it is that you continue to accuse me of then that's fine. Whatever helps you get through the day.

Blaiden - Welcome to the forums. You've obviously walked into a minefield ... good luck navigating ;).

In essence, nothing that you said was false. However, what I think I would emphasize is that Groovy has admitted that a mistake was made in accepting money for an unfinished game and is in the process of attempting to rectify the situation. Unfortunately, he hasn't completed the refunds yet, which has kept this thread limping along with those wondering where those refunds are. Therefore, this has become the thread that will not DIE.

And to my fellow, long time forum friends, he's new ... cut him a little slack. And, if you think he's a troll, you should know by now the best way to deal with one.

• Like 1

Well if you are going to be coming to these forums from now on, you are going to need a user icon pic by your name, I suggest a fitting one.

This should do just fine:

attachicon.gifB6301D02-A0FD-4D8F-AE76-79D242ECA5C4.jpeg

And another shot from the bow. Although, I'll give you some credit... this is the first funny thing you've said in our entire exchange.

I guess I should feel flattered that you and your acolytes have taken a shine to me. It's like being ganged up on by a nerdy band of brothers. Kinda comical.

Blaiden - Welcome to the forums. You've obviously walked into a minefield ... good luck navigating ;).

In essence, nothing that you said was false. However, what I think I would emphasize is that Groovy has admitted that a mistake was made in accepting money for an unfinished game and is in the process of attempting to rectify the situation. Unfortunately, he hasn't completed the refunds yet, which has kept this thread limping along with those wondering where those refunds are. Therefore, this has become the thread that will not DIE.

And to my fellow, long time forum friends, he's new ... cut him a little slack. And, if you think he's a troll, you should know by now the best way to deal with one.

Thanks. It's really no worry at all. I totally understand that my choice of initial topics was controversial. But, I didn't expect the nonsense that has ensued, to be sure. I said this previously in my early posts, I really do hope Groovy is able to find the time and focus to finish some of his efforts. From the looks of the things he has listed as "in development" he looks to be really talented. The stuff he is working on deserves an audience because a lot of it looks really interesting and would likely add a lot of playability value to the INTV.

As for the rest of it, you said it perfectly... if they believe that I'm actually a troll then they can proceed as they see fit. I've defended myself to my satisfaction. Them not welcoming me into the inner circle certainly won't make me lose any sleep. I think this forum has a ton of great info on the Intellivision and I plan to continue reading through it and adding any value that I can (I'm still re-collecting since I've just recently gotten back in the INTV game so I'm still trying to get my Inty-legs back under me). I'm not a programmer but I enjoy the system and it's games immensely and the homebrew scene here seems pretty great. I'm glad to have gotten back into the INTV!

Edited by blaidan

... But, I didn't expect the nonsense that has ensued, to be sure...

Can you explain why you didn't expect that response? You stirred the pot on a sensitive topic that had finally gone to sleep. If I had done that in any forum, AtariAge or otherwise, I would fully expect myself to get blasted.

Can you explain why you didn't expect that response? You stirred the pot on a sensitive topic that had finally gone to sleep. If I had done that in any forum, AtariAge or otherwise, I would fully expect myself to get blasted.

Fair enough, Lathe26. Perhaps I should have expected it. Fact remains, I didn't. Shame on me, I guess. The older I get the more things like someone bringing up something from the past doesn't bother me anymore. What used to get me riled up as a younger man isn't worth my energy as I grow older. This isn't a forum full of teenagers. We're all in our 40's and 50's. So, maybe that subconsciously played into why I didn't really believe my comments on an old topic would incite such fervor.

Then again, Baidan said he read the entire thread, and was expecting a response from me and Rev. I imagine also that, had GroovyBee responded defensively, I'm sure he would have said he was expecting that too.

So, here's a simpler and more believable explanation, which fits with his comments: Baiden is a troll and came in knowing precisely what he was doing. He created an account and made his first post last week ("hi, I'm new, I love intellivision..."), just to not make it too obvious; then proceeded to stir the pot in this thread without further contribution or commentary on any other topic.

As I said before, he didn't even home in on the still-hot-controversial Gyruss thread or the hot-button that recently spiked last week in the Hovver Bovver thread (since he seems to like drama). No, he went for the finally dying drama thread of Rocketeer and decided to re-open the debate by not-so-subtly accuse GroovyBee of same old stuff.

:roll:

Trolls gotta troll, right?

dZ.

Then again, Baidan said he read the entire thread, and was expecting a response from me and Rev; and had GroovyBee responded defensively, I'm sure he would have said he was expecting that too.

So, here's a simpler and more believanle explanation, which fits with his comments: Baiden is a troll and came in knowing precisely what he was doing. He created an account and made his first post last week ("hi, I'm new, I love intellivision..."), just to not make it too obvious; then proceeded to stir the pot in this thread without further contribution or commentary on any other topic.

As I said before, he didn't even home in on the still-hot-controversial Gyruss thread or the hot-button that recently spiked last week in the Hovver Bovver thread (since he seems to like drama). No, he went for the finally dying drama thread of Rocketeer and decided to re-open the debate by not-so-subtly accusing GroovyBee of same old stuff.

dZ.

Come on now Dz, lets go easy on the new guy. He did it all in the name of politely expressing his opinion. We all know if you express your opinion you can never be wrong!

Ahem//sarcasm//ahem

Then again, Baidan said he read the entire thread, and was expecting a response from me and Rev; and had GroovyBee responded defensively, I'm sure he would have said he was expecting that too.

So, here's a simpler and more believanle explanation, which fits with his comments: Baiden is a troll and came in knowing precisely what he was doing. He created an account and made his first post last week ("hi, I'm new, I love intellivision..."), just to not make it too obvious; then proceeded to stir the pot in this thread without further contribution or commentary on any other topic.

As I said before, he didn't even home in on the still-hot-controversial Gyruss thread or the hot-button that recently spiked last week in the Hovver Bovver thread (since he seems to like drama). No, he went for the finally dying drama thread of Rocketeer and decided to re-open the debate by not-so-subtly accusing GroovyBee of same old stuff.

dZ.

To correct you once again, because you like to add your version of the facts, I said that I expected a response from YOU... I never mentioned expecting one from Rev. And yes, I fully expected you to respond based on your replies within the entirety of the thread. You seem to make a lot of assumptions to make your version of things fit your narrative. That's cool. You're in charge of how you want to present yourself. If that's as a purveyor of half-truths that's certainly your prerogative. So, if you want to continue to believe that I'm a troll, more power to you.

Other than his right to express his opinion on the whole Groovybee/Rocketeer thread here.

This guy hasn’t really given a reason why he felt the need to give a long winded play by play recap of the last 5 years.

Opinions is not a real or intelligent reason to stir this up. Neither is: I’m getting old, I’m 47 etc. Nice attempt at a smoke screen.

Again, his focus will be on me and Dz and anyone else. Instead of Rocketeer/Groovy. He’s still scared to address Groovy man to man.....oh wait he did....his nicely expressed opinions. Yeah.

Hey Blaidan, show us a picture of your Intellivision setup and game collection.

Also homebrews if you have some.

Extra points if you have a picture of you as a kid playing Intellivision (I had played Intellivision but no one thought in taking me a picture as 5 year old)

• Like 1

Hey Blaidan, show us a picture of your Intellivision setup and game collection.

Also homebrews if you have some.

Extra points if you have a picture of you as a kid playing Intellivision (I had played Intellivision but no one thought in taking me a picture as 5 year old)

Will do, nanochess. I'll be home from work in a few hours and I'll post a pic. I've got 2 Intv1's and a Tandyvision. I have 5 CIB homebrews and 3 more on the way. I'm also waiting for my Intellivoice unit to be delivered. One of the Intv1's came with a few loose cart games from the original 125 but I haven't tested them yet. I also have an Ultimate Flashback from Byte Knight. That thing is awesome! No pics of me as a kid with my original system, unfortunately.

I bought your Princess Quest and Space Raid ROM's as well from your website about a month or so ago. Thanks for making those available!

• Like 1