IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

So, I've given this a little thought (look out Rev & dz... here comes another opinion). I think that what I want to do is collect the CIB homebrew and use the Ultimate Flashback for the original 125. I haven't decided on this route for sure but I'm leaning that way. I'm thinking that from an economical standpoint this might be the way to go.

That's not a bad way to save money since the chase for a complete 125 can be just as expensive as going after the homebrews.

Bit of advice though, I know you were asked to post a pic of your collection and did not intend to hijak this thread, but you may want to start a new topic with your pics and discuss your collection there. Will help keep the peace and keep the mods from getting squirmy about this thread.

Better yet, you can post in this thread and we can move the discussion over to there:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/263294-show-your-collection/?fromsearch=1

I have my own INTV stash posted there as well. Welcome to the fun!

I have no problem with someone presenting their opinion here in the Intellivision forums. I also have no stake in this either way (I didn't pre-order the game, and I'm not complaining about refunds, which are being issued as stated by Groovy). What I'm sure you are getting now, blaidan, is that this is a touchy subject, especially among the most vocal here who are calling you a troll. What you may not be getting, is that most of the guys attacking you now are either friends with or have worked with Groovy on game projects - essentially you're attacking their friend - so naturally they are going to be defensive. The fact that you're new here, and appear to be stirring the pot just for the sake of reaction (whether or not you are doing that) seems to have really struck a nerve. That sort of thing has been done here many times, and it can get ugly.

I'm pretty sure Groovy has nothing to add to this conversation (as evidenced by his lack of replies to this recent drama). He's issuing refunds, and that's that. And I think it's safe to say a PM to him would also go unanswered, although as Rev said, nothing is stopping you from trying. Bottom line, I don't think you're going to gain anything here by continuing to discuss Groovy, although I'm certainly not going to call you a troll or try to stop you - you have just as much right to say what you want to as everyone else, despite your 'newness'. I'm just suggesting doing so may not be the best tact going forward.

On a happier note.. welcome to the Intellivision all over again! And if you haven't already done so, check out the podcast!

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 3

To be honest: I am completely sick of this shitty behavior of Rev, DZ-Jay and all the others as well. Defending the biggest troll this board has ever seen and calling new members trolls is just disgusting. Of course I am a troll as well, because I am not kissing the ass of somebody who delivered nothing. God was I lucky what he forced me to get a refund a while ago, just look at loyal guys like Mike who wait for month. And thats the point: We are definitely not speaking about thousands of pre-orders and still its taking month over month. Yeah... sure :lol: (I guess he is just broke and has to gather the money, which is quite amazing if you think about it)

Go ahead and eat my words alive, I couldnt care less. This topic has no topic and GroovyBee is just a bad joke, nothing else.

Edited by Ignorama

I have no problem with someone presenting their opinion here in the Intellivision forums. I also have no stake in this either way (I didn't pre-order the game, and I'm not complaining about refunds, which are being issued as stated by Groovy). What I'm sure you are getting now, blaidan, is that this is a touchy subject, especially among the most vocal here who are calling you a troll. What you may not be getting, is that most of the guys attacking you now are either friends with or have worked with Groovy on game projects - essentially you're attacking their friend - so naturally they are going to be defensive. The fact that you're new here, and appear to be stirring the pot just for the sake of reaction (whether or not you are doing that) seems to have really struck a nerve. That sort of thing has been done here many times, and it can get ugly.

I'm pretty sure Groovy has nothing to add to this conversation (as evidenced by his lack of replies to this recent drama). He's issuing refunds, and that's that. And I think it's safe to say a PM to him would also go unanswered, although as Rev said, nothing is stopping you from trying. Bottom line, I don't think you're going to gain anything here by continuing to discuss Groovy, although I'm certainly not going to call you a troll or try to stop you - you have just as much right to say what you want to as everyone else, despite your 'newness'. I'm just suggesting doing so may not be the best tact going forward.

On a happier note.. welcome to the Intellivision all over again! And if you haven't already done so, check out the podcast!

You're right... I only recently became aware of the personal relationship between those guys so them defending him is understandable and completely acceptable. Could they have gone about it in a better manner... absolutely. They chose to perpetuate it from there and I felt I should defend myself.

In reality, the only time I shared my opinion on Groovy was in that first post. I have no stake in this as I've said aside from sharing my opinion so I have no need to reach out to Groovy. If he's offended by my post hopefully he sees the entire post where i shared the sentiment that i hope he can find the time and focus to keep adding to the community because i do think he has a lot of talent.

Ultimately... who cares. They have their right to bash me and I have my right to my opinion so all's fair in forums and free-speech!

I'm glad to be here, regardless. Thanks to those who've welcomed me.

In fact I am thinking the same, but I am too triggered to enjoy it :lol: Especially because of he double standards of guys like Rev and DZ. "Contact GB" - Yeah, it worked very well in the past. And also I am not sure: Whats their business here? Its not on them to decide of customers complain here or anywhere else. Everyone who is not refunded yet has the right to tell it here or PM and its not on the GB Defence Force to get them quite. If you think about it they have less business to do here than all the "trolls" and they also dont do anything for getting this thread calm, to the contrary they are heating the topic up as well for years now, blaming everyone else for it.

So yeah, its pretty stunning, especially what DZ does.

Edit: And to be honest: Its liberating to be not interessted in any homebrews anymore. No fear to get banned because you tell your opinion :D Some years ago I was a bit more diplomatic (even if I was never able to shup up if something fucks me up), but now: I really dont care anymore.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 2

In fact I am thinking the same,

Edit: And to be honest: Its liberating to be not interessted in any homebrews anymore. No fear to get banned because you tell your opinion :D Some years ago I was a bit more diplomatic (even if I was never able to shup up if something fucks me up), but now: I really dont care anymore.

Their has been a lot of Drama for sure in the Homebrew Scene the last few years.. That's is for sure...

Funny how the popcorn song changes our mood.. Eh !!! lol

Freedom of speech, That's what makes our countries so great to live in.. People have a right to feel they way they do for or against ,defend or accuse.. Lets all go for a beer or two...

Cheers

Going to enjoy the show...

Edited by m-crew
  • Like 1

Hey,what is everyone talking about here,it sure seems like an interesting topic!

WELL ... since you asked!

It all started long ago in the mystical land of Intellivisia ... in which the Bee of Groove proclaimed "Hear ye, hear ye! Come hither and look upon this game!"

The Intellivisians were excited, as the Rocketeer was splendorous to behold "and there was much rejoicing" (yeahhhh)

And yadda yadda yadda ... pitchforks ... yadda yadda ... someone was accused of witchcraft ... yadda yadda yadda ...

Here we are today. And the lesson to be learned, from Bill and Ted themselves, "Be excellent to each other."

• Like 6

I guess we're doomed to rehash this drama every time a new user joins the forum. :roll:

I'm sure something new will come up to change the focus for awhile.. different strokes for different folks..

Its like a spiral rollercoaster

it vent up , then it vent down

WELL ... since you asked!

It all started long ago in the mystical land of Intellivisia ... in which the Bee of Groove proclaimed "Hear ye, hear ye! Come hither and look upon this game!"

The Intellivisians were excited, as the Rocketeer was splendorous to behold "and there was much rejoicing" (yeahhhh)

And yadda yadda yadda ... pitchforks ... yadda yadda ... someone was accused of witchcraft ... yadda yadda yadda ...

Here we are today. And the lesson to be learned, from Bill and Ted themselves, "Be excellent to each other."

lol , well now lets party on !!

Edited by m-crew

You're right... I only recently became aware of the personal relationship between those guys so them defending him is understandable and completely acceptable. Could they have gone about it in a better manner... absolutely. They chose to perpetuate it from there and I felt I should defend myself.

In reality, the only time I shared my opinion on Groovy was in that first post. I have no stake in this as I've said aside from sharing my opinion so I have no need to reach out to Groovy. If he's offended by my post hopefully he sees the entire post where i shared the sentiment that i hope he can find the time and focus to keep adding to the community because i do think he has a lot of talent.

Ultimately... who cares. They have their right to bash me and I have my right to my opinion so all's fair in forums and free-speech!

I'm glad to be here, regardless. Thanks to those who've welcomed me.

True, you weren't exactly presented with the 'welcome mat' upon your arrival.

I did read your entire post, and you made a lot of valid points. I didn't think you were trolling - trolls can't generally type that many words, and aren't usually fans of sentence structure or punctuation. And you said nothing to imply that Groovy is not a talented programmer, just that he seems to take on too many projects that ultimately aren't completed. Who here would dispute that?

I'm not a big fan of "pre-orders", but if his games were done, and available, I wouldn't have any reservations purchasing them.

I'm glad you're here too. And if I didn't say it in my previous post... Welcome!

• Like 7